“Cabo Azul!”
Review of Cabo Azul Resort

Cabo Azul Resort
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Best vacation ever. I looked up the resort online and saw the beautiful pictures and was hoping it would be nice, I was happily surprised that the pictures do not do this resort justice. One of our travelers left their passport on the cab sent by the hotel to pick us up at the airport, the passport was found and returned by the time we noticed that it was missing. The rooms (amazing), restaurants (Javiers) pools (sun warmed towels) poolside bar (nachos and margaritas) were all amazing. The staff helped me plan activities, arranged for cabs or buses and it was the best and most relaxing vacation ever.

Room Tip: view of the ocean and infinity pools
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Theresa B
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

We are thrilled to read we exceeded your expectations in full. Our daily endeavor is to retraining all of our service ambassadors to ensure total guests and club owners satisfaction at its best. Cordially, Jean-Louis and team members

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A great resort with 3 infinity pools flowing from one level to the next. So funny to read that other had issues with the lighting too. It took us several days to figure this out too about the dimmers. Another so so is the not so well equipped kitchen with a dangerous "cheapo" kitchen knife. Why can't resorts spend a few more dollars on getting better quality kitchen tools? Same goes for the spare furnishing of the rooms.The gym was a great and positive surprise with great equipment and an intimate yoga studio with hard wood flooring. For all sports people a great place to work out!

1  Thank Paola K
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great rooms, grocery store just down the road, town is a short walk away with excellent restaurants. Much more enjoyable than Cabo with all the drunk kids and cruise ships.

Ask about the local bus, a great value and much cheaper than taxis. If you want to ride into San Jose or go to Cabo for the day it's only a few bucks on the bus.

Room Tip: Pool view is excellent, garden view can be a little quieter and cheaper. Didn't see the need for...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We just got back from a week at this resort, and after reading all the reviews I couldn't agree more, its one spectacular resort. I will say the lighting was an issue, however, the lights are dimmed and there are slide switches on the sides of each light, allowing you to make it brighter.
Staff was absolutely amazing, should you need anything they are right there, you won't be sorry. We enjoyed happy hour at the swim up bar, and had some good laughs as the salsa was quite hot for me, but nice to know it’s given to you complimentary. The pools are absolutely gorgeous, the lounge chairs, lounge beds and the cabana’s are amazing, and the place is immaculate.
The front desk girls were always willing to help as well as concierge, getting a taxi is no problem and the resort is about 25 minutes away from the airport. The Mega Market and Wal-Mart are nearby; it’s a $5.00 USD ride or if you’d like you can walk to it, it’s about a mile walk. You are charged $15.00 USD a day for a resort fee, but my housekeeping was worth every dime of that. They ran the dishwasher, put the dishes away, provided coffee/tea, sweeteners daily in my room with coffee-mate, unlimited towels are yours just for asking, and it’s always their pleasure to assist you, naturally we gave her something on the side. The water is purified; we didn’t have a problem, although we did buy a huge bottle of water and water bottles to take with us to the pool.
Upon check in they do require that you see concierge, from what I read I was automatically defensive only to find out that was not necessary at all. They gave us all the information about the resort, tours, restaurants, the area, and politely asked if we would like to take a tour, we declined and was told that if we change our mind to please let them know, we never heard another word about it and enjoyed our trip.
To go to the Cabo San Lucas area near the Marina is about a $35.00 USD ride each way, this was the only disappointment to me as I really liked that area. Most of the other resorts in the area are all inclusive, Cabo Azul is not.
One warning, we went to a restaurant located across the street from Habanero’s, I cannot remember the name, and ended up eating with flies all over the place, covering our food with napkins, etc., the other restaurant that had flies was La Pesca which was a few doors away from this place, didn’t realize my location or I wouldn’t have gone there either. They are inundated with flies as there is a horse farm right next door, this is not something that was appreciated, so try and eat inside if you’re in the downtown area, or ask if they have this problem, we had one restaurant owner tell us, he will put the fan on and that will deter the flies, no thank you, once was enough for me.
Two fabulous restaurants were Don Sanchez and Tropicana, both inside with air conditioning, or outside if that is your choice, they were absolutely fantastic. At Don Sanchez we had the skirt steak, it was the most amazing steak I’ve ever had, at Tropicana I had the shrimp with chile, it was fabulous, others had the stuffed clams, my husband had a Mexican dish that included chicken and steak, the serving was so big he didn’t even eat a third of it, just fabulous restaurants and food. We also had a great Italian dinner in a little place next to Habaneros restaurant. Due to the lack of people it’s a little concerning at first that these places are empty, but honestly, ignore that and enjoy the attention.
The Beach, you cannot swim in the ocean, there are Rip Tides and security to warn you about swimming in the ocean.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room; we had a pool view room. I will say that was funny as I could barely see th...
3  Thank Travelbug1214
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Really beautiful resort! Gorgeous landscaping and amazing pools! The rooms were extremely clean and beautifully designed. Our room was right off of the pool which was extremely convenient for our family. I was worried that we might hear a lot of activity at the pool but heard NONE! Not a peep! It was super quiet and relaxing. The beds were very comfortable, even the pullout couch was given two thumbs up by our 7 year old. Our one bedroom unit was VERY large with a full kitchen, plenty of closet space for the 3 of us and a beautiful patio area that we used daily. The bathroom lighting is a bit dark, but it was manageable.

The staff was friendly and helpful and eager to provide the highest level of service.
Food and drinks were delish at the restaurants and pool bar. Take advantage of the daily pool bar specials!!!!!
My son participated in some of the kids club activities and my husband and I used the very CLEAN and fully equipped gym. Brand new machines and free weight options as well as a yoga studio.

Registration was super quick and efficient. We were directed to the concierge desk immediately after check-in where we were provided with great information on the local activities and pricing. We were not members of Diamond Resorts but were offered the option of taking a tour, but there was absolutely no pressure to do so. We will be back! This resort had lots to offer and was convenient to other restaurants and shops directly across the street.

2  Thank MCS0819
Reviewed August 13, 2013

when we got to cabo Azul, there was a mistake aaour two room s(one iwth kids) were seperated on two different floors .it was very late when we got there adn everyone was tired. The response we kept getting was "we do not guarantee rooms will be together." I was very upset but then the manager Ulyses Malja came in and put us up in a nearby hotel for the night while they worked on getting us two rooms together. When we came back the next day, Ulyses made us feel so comfortable and upgraded us to a Penthouse Suite. What could have been a disaster vacation became a dream vacation, We loved our room, loved the pools and the customer service was fantastic. I have never written a review before but i need to now. When you find a place that cares as much as they do - you need to tell people. I will for sure take my family back there!!! great vacation!!!! Ulyses - if you see this, you are the best hotel manager anyone could ask for! I hope to see you again.

Room Tip: all rooms look good
6  Thank Tony S
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is an awesome resort. The pools are unbelievable. Diamond Resorts is creating a true five star experience. The staff is extremely knowledgable about the area. The rooms are first class. Great happy hour by the pool each day. The bartenders at the swim-up bar could be a little more friendly. Bring you own laundry detergent as they do not sell singles and the only size they sell is for 20+ loads.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#3 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#5 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Cabo Azul Resort? Share your experiences!