Cabo Azul Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$276
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$422
$357
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$89
$85
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$280
$182
  • Pool
Tropicana Inn(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$93
Travelocity
$235
$196
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$270
$218
Marisol Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$59
Hyatt Place Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$89
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$159
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,961 results
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom villajavier's restaurantswim up barserenity poolflor de nocheterry clothtime sharesan josetimeshare presentationdirectly across the streetocean viewrip tideslounge chairstimeshare pitchtacosexchange rate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family just spent a glorious week at the Cabo Azul for my father's 75th birthday.
This was our first time taking a trip like this as a family, and my own first time to Mexico.

For our stay we had two of the villa rooms which were two bedroom two bathroom, dining area, kitchen and balcony.
The rooms are amazing, simply put. Beautiful simple white walls with striking dark wood accents in the paneling on the ceiling, the couch, the coffee table etc. The rooms were omg gorgeous.. lovely lighting, ceiling fans, cozy beds and bedding as well as a two person tub right in the room. The bathrooms were equally beautiful with nice deep showers with pretty tile work.

The resort itself was amazing and CLEAN.. we were so amazed by the level of cleanliness around the hotel, through the halls, everywhere. The rooms were kept in immaculate condition each day by housecleaning and they would even get the dishwasher washing for us so that we had clean dishes when we'd come back from a day out.

The pools were dazzling day and night.. we enjoyed several night dips as the pool was open till 10:30. The beach chairs were always kept clean and each feature their own covers which are soft on the red skin (which many people including myself left Mexico with). The little oval day beds nestled around the pool were very welcome as well for lounging and I even fell asleep in one during the afternoon.. hey I wasn't the only one. ;)
The other great thing was that almost every night there was some kind of activity in the evening.. each Monday they have a limbo night out on the beach which includes dinner and music, and also they feature things like Salsa dancing with I thought was really great.

I can also comment on the spa as my wife and sister and myself all had services there. The staff were very helpful and professional and really catered to anything we needed. I got a signature massage which was wonderful, as well as a pedicure. The relaxation room features a whirpool, cold bath, sauna, personal showers etc. When I went there wasn't really anyone else around on the mens side so it was very cool to "have the place to myself".

Our first night we went to Javier's for dinner and I was very impressed by the excellent service and great drinks and food.. very authentic Mexican cuisine in a beautiful setting overlooking the beach.. what could be better? Also, the Flor de Noche poolside restaurant was very good.. besides serving the pool with yummy drinks they also have a nice little menu, perfect for quick bites or a lunchtime snack.

The location is very great too as right across the street from the hotel are a couple nice shops including a cute little taco place, a coffee joint, as well as a cool rock restaurant.. we ate there one night and they have a good selection of burgers and pizza (but pizza is not for delivery.. we found that out when we wanted to order to our room and they only serve personal size pizzas)

The ONLY thing we found annoying was that when we first arrived, we got roped into the concierge area where they tried to sell on a bunch of activities and stuff.. after hours worth of flights and travel, we just wanted to get our keys and take our stuff to our rooms.. plus we had my younger niece with us and we were all tired.. I would have wished that we could have been granted access to our rooms first prior to the sales attempt.

Otherwise, there is really not anything bad to say about this place.. I would go back in a heartbeat. Though I haven't been to any other resorts in the area, my wife ended up going to the Barceló which is a ways down all of a couple months prior and she said that Azul is way better, from the food to the service etc.

Hope you found this review and the photos helpful!

1  Thank scoobydooby11
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed at the Cabo Azul Resort last year for a week and again this year - again not disappointed - first class resort with some of the best service I have ever had! Beautiful scenery and I love the villa decor and right on the beach...big shout out to Eleno, Front Desk Mgr, Dulce, Concierge, and Rodrigo, in charge of activities...they gave us above excellent customer service!!! Please do not miss going to the following restaurants: Rocking Brew's, Ten Tu Taco and La Pesca...WOW! Love, love, love this place and we will be coming back every year for a week...that is how impressed we are and how wonderful our experience was!

Room Tip: Any room is beautiful, but obviously a pool or ocean view would be preferable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Norka C
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed at Cabo Azul for five glorious nights. It was awesome. The infinity pools are very nice the Sea of Cortez is right there and we relaxed a lot. We walked into San Jose del Cabo (it's about a mile walk) Enjoyed the town and the food and drink. Also Enjoyed the Thursday Art Walk in town. We walked to The Mega store there and got supplies and stoked our room for the week.
This place is great. My wife made breakfast everyday that was just an awesome meal fit fpor a king. The rooms have full kitchens, hot tubs in the master suite, views and romance abound here. This is a world class resort folks, make no mistake about it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rickczap
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We go to Cabo often, but this time tried Cabo Azul on a family trip. It was great to have a kitchen, a small market in the hotel and the pools were perfect - did not feel crowded, service was excellent and pool lounge chairs were great. Overall it was nice and we'd go back. Two draw backs: First the check in is strange, they make you go to the concierge to hear about programs before you get your room key and the whole check in area could be much better. Second is that the lighting in the rooms is oddly dark, it's hard to even see in your luggage. And our room faced another building with a view of the driveway - so that was really unfortunate. My brother's family had a room overlooking the pool area and it was a much nicer feeling with the doors open and a pretty view. Otherwise - nice resort and the people in the restaurants and at the pool were great.

Room Tip: It's hard to know what room to stay in here. There are 12, 6-story buildings. We stayed in building 7, which mostly faces the pool or the building next door - so if you're in building 7 be sure to stay on the pool side for a much nicer feeling.
2  Thank marpmc
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the resort and it was wonderful from the moment we checked in until we left. The grounds are impeccable. Great pools. The rooms are tastefully decorated and CLEAN. The beds are unbelievably comfortable. The staff is very friendly. The food at Javier's is incredible. The location is great. They are surprisingly child friendly too. Marisol, who runs the Creature Comforts program for kids is the best! We can't wait to go back. I highly recommend it!

2  Thank 186SusanT186