I'm sitting here on my last day at Cabo Azul in a four person "pod" with an unobstructed view of the crashing surf of the pacific and happily taking time out of my vacation to write this. We booked two rooms in February for my wife, myself and two teenage girls (16&18). I had tempered my expectations as the property went through a change in ownership after our purchase, some confusion around our reservation and some negative reviews on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to say that the quality of the rooms (lighting is fine if you can find all the switches and put the dimmers on full power), the property (landscaping, pools, beach) and level of service were all outstanding (Kudos to Cesar, Francisco, and the rest of the staff). No formal stuffiness of a Four Seasons or Jumeirah, but friendly and down to earth warmth that is relaxing to a traveler like myself. Keep in mind that with two teenagers we were looking for a mix of ages so families make up a signficant portion of the guests. We took advantage of the Monday night beach party which I normally have low expectations for but we all had a great time...good family fun including dancing and limbo competition. One of the guests was clearly out of control (inebriated) but the staff did their best to manage her...was really impressed with how they tried to very discretely. We checked out Mega which is a bit of a hike if carrying liquid groceries and frankly found the on-site market fairly priced and decently stocked. I would reserve fresh produce for the Mega trek. We had dinner at Javier's last night and if you're looking for beach front dining, a large selection of very well prepared Mexican dishes, impeccable service all fairly priced...consider it (for the four of us ~$130). I'm confused about some of the comments about pricing as they have a daily happy hour with two mixed drinks for about $8 and $2 tacos (includes chips and four types of salsa) on Wed and Thurs. The cherry on top was when they gave us a late check-out to 2:00pm today (they were clear that you need to ask the day prior and will depend on the hotel's census). Yes, we were asked to participate in the time share presentation but i politely declined despite their offering of massages and something else of value - we were not asked again. My wife thought I was nuts not to check it out.
Not sure what else to say other than I travel 125,000 a year to Asia, Europe and the US, and this ranks in my top three vacation/business trips in overall value. Maybe we were just lucky?
P.S. I'm trying to address previous complaints...the wi-fi was easy to access, speedy and worked property wide...I'm typing this in my "pod" :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort has a truly fresh look and feel, far superior to any Cabo San Lucas resorts. Our Cabo resort and spa stands out from the standard Cabo San Lucas resorts and hotel choices in the San Jose del Cabo area with Studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom luxury villas guaranteed to pamper your mind and soul. We truly provide the luxury vacation you've been dreaming of. From the abundance of luxurious amenities to the thoughtful interior design choices, Cabo Azul Resort has labored over even the smallest of details to ensure an exceptional experience with every visit to our Cabo resort's ocean side paradise. Don't settle for anything less than the best at other Cabo resorts, find the perfect vacation at Cabo Azul Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo