“Nice pool.”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
San Diego
“Nice pool.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The suites are very nice and spacious and they don't try to nickle and dime you to death with fees for everything (but they will try to get you to go to the time-share presentation). The staff were friendly. The pools were very nice and weren't overcrowded like at a lot of other hotels; we never had a problem getting towels or a beach-chair or a seat at the pool bar.
The food was mostly average, but the fish tacos at the bar on the days they bring in the taco lady were the best I've ever had. If you're here to party, downtown Cabo is a $35 cab ride away, but the cabs are all full-sized vans and you'll probably find people to split the fare with.
Don't use the ATM on site though, it charges exorbitant fees, there are banks in San Jose which is about a 10 minute walk away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We visited this resort the last week of January, 2013, and couldn't have been happier with our 2-bedroom villa, the pool area (outstanding!), the restaurants and the beach. We also liked that it was close to the town of San Jose del Cabo, where we went several times for dinner, shopping, etc. The staff was very professional and provided service with a smile. We had dinner one night at Javier's, the on-site restaurant, and it was completely magical with the view of the ocean, the live music (be sure to go on a night when they have it) and the excellent food. I can recommend Cabo Azul Resort without hesitation and hope to visit there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank manthony1948
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was there February 17-22, 2013. The resort is beautiful and the staff is friendly. My problem was with the timeshare presentation which I reluctantly accepted. Not only was it way longer than the so-called 90 minutes; the reps immediately changed their friendly attitude when they knew we would not buy any of their plans--especially, the head manager--Bret Mann. Instead of the two vouchers for the spa we were promised; we only received one. Even speaking to the supervisor in the concierge area did not help--instead the supervisor was very snooty and condescending. So my best advice is DO NOT ATTEND THE TIMESHARE PRESENTATION. Go to other presentations, if you must, they offer better vouchers and they deliver.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the fabulous pools.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank sdruthie2000
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is our third trip to Cabo Azul and we can't wait to get back. The beachfront location is beautiful. The property is perfectly manicured - gorgeous gardens, a grass field by the beach for the kids to play soccer, lax, whatever. The three infinity pools are all different temperatures so you can swim in your comfort zone. The middle pool features "bubble island" for kids to play. Also features a swim up bar for the adults. The resort is large but not massive which makes it a more manageable and tranquil resort. While we went with our four kids (ages 5-15) it is also great for couples - we met many who were there for a long weekend or trip away from families. It is a relaxing environment for both types of vacations (not too many kids to enjoy a get-away).

We like to stay on the first floor with a garden view - this allowed us to walk right out the door and hit the pool. Also allowed us to run back to the room for lunch/drink easily.

Every picture online is true to the location - the real experience is even better. But without question the most impressive aspect of the resort is the service. From the concierge, to waitstaff to hospitality director to towel staff the staff is unbelievable. Warm, friendly, attentive and genuinely interested in making sure guests enjoy their stay and have a memorable experience. I truly, truly cannot say enough about them.

The food at Flor de Noche is great - don't miss a breakfast there as they have some really fun Mexican specialties. The Marketplace has sundries and basic groceries/beer/wine etc. They also have a little deli - would recommend going there over Mega/Walmart. The Marketplace also has specials every night - pasta, sushi - which are less expensive than the restaurants and really good. Javier's is also fabulous food but more expensive and probably not worth it for littler kids.

The property is very, very well maintained. Nothing is out of place - no chipping paint, no sub-par bathrooms, and one other small thing - but big for us - was NO BUGS. And I mean no bugs. They spray every day - in three consecutive trips I have never seen one.

For families I would highly recommend checking in with Rodrigo the activity director as he has fun things planned every day - he is fabulous. My kids loved the Monday night beach party - which features limbo - and my husband and son went on the "back of the house" tour which gives you a great tour of the kitchen, facilities etc. - all of which reinforces the care they put into the place.

Can't say enough. THANK YOU CABO AZUL!!!

Room Tip: Families might want to opt for a ground floor with access to garden/pool. The rooms are a little da...
1 Thank JennaHarryHo
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Amazing place with courteous, responsive, professional staff. Loved the 3 infinity pools for the views during the day and for torch-lit ambiance / night swims. Kids loved building sand castles at the beach, playing Jenga with the friendly staff, and swim tag in the pools. Secure a cabana early in the morning so the kids don't wilt in the sun and it gives the parents a nice shaded place to relax, read a book - or even have a chance to talk while the kids are busy having fun.

We experienced minimal pressure to participate in the 'time share seminar.' Food was reasonably priced and delicious throughout the resort. Highly recommend night swims and walks on the beach - loved this place and can't wait to return!

1 Thank LegalShifu
winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have stayed at Cabo Azul a few years ago and loved it. I decided to bring my mother for her 70th birthday because my first trip was so memorable. My first concern was how difficult it was to actually talk to someone about my reservation & I requested a ocean view (was willing to pay for it) but was told it was first come first serve (this was my mother's only wish was a ocean view). Happily everything I asked for I received. We used cielito lindo for private car service, who I highly recommend is worth the money. The resort was beautiful & I feel the service was better than before. We got a beautiful ocean view that we watched the whales play in the water everyday. The restaurants were good & the gym was nice. I had a amazing massage in the spa, the facial was forgettable though. All staff were friendly & wanted to help with anything you needed, but not in a overbearing way. I would definitely go back again. The only suggestions I would make is to have more comfortable furniture on the balconies. Also I strongly recommend everyone to go over there room bill because I found a few mistakes that they fixes as soon as it was pointed out to them. Overall, I loved this resort.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

A beautiful, top-notch resort with full amenities and an ideal location. Go here, if only for the 3 pools of varying temperatures, the sweeping ocean views, or the fire-lit night swims. Walk for miles on the beach (with very minimal harassment!) or head into town to shop the boutiques and visit the art galleries. This elegant resort absolutely impressed us and proved to be the perfect getaway. The service was helpful but not intrusive, and the resort is sprawling so it feels like you have it to yourself. If you can splurge, get one of the penthouses - large suites with multiple rooms and a kitchen, making you feel right at home. One month later, we're still talking about it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#13 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,968 reviews
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
#15 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,541 reviews

Been to Cabo Azul Resort? Share your experiences!