Cabo Azul Resort
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$459
$376
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$167
  • Breakfast included
Royal Solaris Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$196
$167
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$170
$139
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$591
$449
Bookit.com
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$215
$194
  • Pool
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$543
$457
Bookit.com
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$201
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$608
$467
Bookit.com
One & Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$674
$640
2,017 results
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom villajavier's restaurantserenity poolflor de nocheterry clothswim up bartime sharesan josetimeshare presentationdirectly across the streetocean viewtimeshare pitchrip tideslounge chairstacoscab ride
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had such a lovely but hot time while visiting the resort in Sept but it was such a serene and beautiful, clean resort we came back last week...for 6 nights...loved it so much we're going back in March........the staff are remarkable....friendly, kind, courteous, helpful and happy. Our room overlooked the pools, beautifully kept gardens and ocean where we could view whales on a daily basis.....the restaurants and food and drinks are delicious. They also give you a daily global newspaper leaflet in your room each morning. Believe me we're spoiled! Our sister came w/ us and the room accommodated us amply......kitchen, baths, beds, balcony...amazing and we're kinda fussy....
also the town is close and the shops nice and the art galleries lovely representing some very beautiful art.....(we're artists)

Room Tip: higher or lower you won't be disappointed...our first visit we didn't have a pool, ocean or higher location and we loved it.....
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lila F
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have traveled to Cabo Azul twice in the last six months. I just returned on Sun 1/27 and feel the resort deserves a glowing review! I love luxury travel and this resort meets (even exceeds) my expectations. The rooms are all huge, well appointed and gorgeous. The resort itself is stunning! The pictures on the website do not lie - it's an amazing property!

The entire staff deserves a huge compliment - great experiences from food servers, housekeepers, spa personal, hotel management and Javier's restaurant manager. This is one of the cleanest resorts I have ever been to. I have never witnessed so many staff members focused on cleanliness in Hawaii or elsewhere in the US. Water on the property is purified.

I went with my husband the first trip and it was a romantic long weekend. I traveled with a girl friend for a relaxing weekend of R&R. The spa is beautiful and very relaxing. I feel like this is a hidden gem and reasonable for the high end experience. If you are thinking of getting married here or renewing your vows - the chapel is amazing. It would be a great destination wedding spot. I can't wait for my next trip!

2  Thank jrwsf16
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Cabo Azul is a timeshare resort that was recently purchased out of bankruptcy. The new owners are desperately trying to sell shares. You are promised $200 off of your final bill if you attend the presentation. We were repeatedly assured at four different times that the $200 could be used for the room charge.

Come check-out we are told “ we are sorry but that money can only be used for resort fees” which we had almost none, and not for the room. My 25 year old daughter was livid. She couldn't believe how overtly deceitful they were.
BEWARE.

At the presentation, they tried to sell me the timeshare for my $500 a night room for $100,000 plus $1700/year homeowner fee. For the same price, you can rent the room for a week for 44 years! The pitch was that you would be an owner of an asset. It is however an unsellable asset for which you have to make your yearly payment or your shares are forfeited. Rip off!!!

The second issue involves the room. Our full priced room while beautiful, overlooked the roof of the building in front of us. No pool nor ocean view as promised. It was actually explained to me by the staff that the rooms with no view were given to people renting from services like Expedia because timeshare owners “wouldn't tolerate being placed in such a room”.. Not something you want to be told when paying over $500/night.
Beware.

Room Tip: If you are not a timeshare owner you may be relegated to a room overlooking a roof
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank jackstrawichitaw
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We checked in and they said to talk to the person about recreation things in the area. We went for 5 minutes and they presented brochures about dolphin swimming etc. We then said were not interested in the timeshares and we went to our rooms. I have stayed at Esperanza$$$$ Me in Cabo and the Marquis. This resort really is unbelievable. The three different temperature pools, the service was great. They also have service at the beach and great lounges and palazzos. The happy hour even better. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank James A
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Wow, it's easy to write a glowing review of Cabo Azul both as a dream wedding destination and as vacation resort. The staff, restaurants (Flor de Noche, by the pools, and Javiers for evening dining), the large villas, and the overall experience exceeded both my own and my brides greatest expectation. I'll also address the question of construction at the resort (not remotely an issue). Unlike other luxury resorts I have been to that nickel and dime, this resort was generous and accommodating to a fault.

1. Wedding Destination: 5/5 stars - We worked with Maria Villafane, the primary wedding planner, and Georgina Tapia, wedding events manager, who were so professional, easygoing, and dedicated. We primarily worked with Maria, and she was so kind, and available. We had a our wedding in their open air chapel - which is more stunning than the pictures show. Then our reception was at outside on the deck of Javier's. Which Maria transformed into a stunning venue. While we were worried about the cool evening air and wind, this of no issue. The night was calm and the temperature about 70. The lighting, chairs, tables, flowers, wedding cake, and fireworks, all exceeded what we could have desired. All of it transpired under Maria's watchful eye, who was there the entire evening, supervising, and making sure everything went as planned - we felt so reassured. Maria made our wedding as beautiful and perfect as we could have dreamed. I thought the fireworks may not be up to expectation, but I was so wrong.

2. Cabo Azul Resort: Service - 5/5 stars, everyone from the front desk, the amazing concierge - we worked with Leon, Pedro, and Gabriela - these guys take care of everything, we even gave them some of the Dorado (mahi mahi- delicious!) we caught from our deep sea fishing excursion they booked for us as a thank you, the general staff are all super friendly and accommodating. They turn your beds twice a day, all villas have a full kitchen and large deck, all have a great Jacuzzi. Our penthouse suite was amazing. The poolside beach chairs have towel-like sheet covers that are changed daily and everything is uber-clean. The beach-front is gorgeous but not-suggested for swimming due to heavy rip-currents, temperature was perfect. There are 2 hot tubs, and 2 large pools - one with swim up bar to flor de noche. The onsite market has most anything you would need (certainly the alcohol), at a very reasonable not resort-like prices. If you need more there is a Mega (Mart) that is a 5 minute cab ride away.

3. Construction: Cabo Azul is not yet finished. Phase 1 is done which is the beachside half of the resort beautiful and complete. The only lacking part is that the lobby and concierge area is basically a group of villas masquerading as a lobby - a none issue, just not the grand lobby that will be next year. The street-front half of the resort is the unfinished portion which will include a major lobby area. We were very worried that were would possibly be ongoing construction, or very obvious unfinished work. We were reassured by upper management that this would not affect our stay or our wedding experience, and they were right. The unfinished areas are invisible unless you care to look for them, there was absolutely no construction going on - as we were promised. We would have had our wedding here 10 times over.

4. Staff: 5/5 stars - wedding planner Maria and everyone else was so helpful and friendly

5. Excursions: 5/5 stars.
- deep sea fishing: the sea of cortez is not exceedingly rough, but for the uninitiated 6 hours on the open water and beating mexican sun can be a challenge - bring your sunscreen and hat. A little over $100 each for 6 people for bait, license, and everything else - which is a great price. We caught 5 dorado (mahi mahi) ranging from about 8 lbs to more than 20lbs - average in the 16 lbs range. Javier's restaurant cooked them as a 5 course meal for us, that was easily one of the best fish meals I've had. I even cooked 2 meals for my wife, and it was still yummy. Marlin fishing is supposed to be amazing here, unfortunately no marlin for us.

- glass bottom boat to Land's End, and the Arch - totally worth the $30. Beautiful, even saw a humpback whale and her baby.

- golfing at Puerto Los Cabos: About $200/ person all you can eat and drink with cart, and range. DO NOT FORGET YOUR COLLARED SHIRT, or you will have to spend a $100 on one. Amazing views of the sea, great course, although for a 20 handicapper - the greens were uber-fast and slick. Would definitely do this again - maybe a little less booze next time. Oh and club rental is $50, but you get very new taylor made R11s, with the burner 2 irons. I unfortunately being a lefty were stuck with the prior model - but still best rentals I've encountered (and most pricey).

Room Tip: Ocean front view a must.
1  Thank Handlema