Cabo Azul is a timeshare resort that was recently purchased out of bankruptcy. The new owners are desperately trying to sell shares. You are promised $200 off of your final bill if you attend the presentation. We were repeatedly assured at four different times that the $200 could be used for the room charge.
Come check-out we are told “ we are sorry but that money can only be used for resort fees” which we had almost none, and not for the room. My 25 year old daughter was livid. She couldn't believe how overtly deceitful they were.
At the presentation, they tried to sell me the timeshare for my $500 a night room for $100,000 plus $1700/year homeowner fee. For the same price, you can rent the room for a week for 44 years! The pitch was that you would be an owner of an asset. It is however an unsellable asset for which you have to make your yearly payment or your shares are forfeited. Rip off!!!
The second issue involves the room. Our full priced room while beautiful, overlooked the roof of the building in front of us. No pool nor ocean view as promised. It was actually explained to me by the staff that the rooms with no view were given to people renting from services like Expedia because timeshare owners “wouldn't tolerate being placed in such a room”.. Not something you want to be told when paying over $500/night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort has a truly fresh look and feel, far superior to any Cabo San Lucas resorts. Our Cabo resort and spa stands out from the standard Cabo San Lucas resorts and hotel choices in the San Jose del Cabo area with Studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom luxury villas guaranteed to pamper your mind and soul. We truly provide the luxury vacation you've been dreaming of. From the abundance of luxurious amenities to the thoughtful interior design choices, Cabo Azul Resort has labored over even the smallest of details to ensure an exceptional experience with every visit to our Cabo resort's ocean side paradise. Don't settle for anything less than the best at other Cabo resorts, find the perfect vacation at Cabo Azul Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo