My first visit to Mexico - my 18 year old daughter and I stayed for 1 week in a 1BR unit over the Christmas holiday. We selected this resort after reading the wonderful reviews. We also highly recommend!!
It was absolutely beautiful, clean, the staff were so friendly, helpful and kind, King bed was comfortable (but my daughter did complain about the living area sofa bed - finally slept sideways to avoid the bar in her back). Dimmers on most lights in the room so could be very romantic setting. The three pool levels plus 2 hot tub areas offered various water temps which was nice. I was pleasantly surprised to recieve daily maid service and fresh towels Happy hour daily poolside 3-5PM includes 2 for 1 of select cocktails. Suggest the first day you chat up the towel attendants or pool waiters to ask the dates of planned specials/activities - we missed Taco day but did go to the Christmas Eve Beach Party which included band, firedancers, food and some beverages and fireworks. The food was just OK but glad we went.
Onsite we dined in Javiers the first night, the Pool restaurant one night, and got PIzza from the Cafe one night. We ate or snacked poolside often. Overall the food was good or very good.
Offsite we dined in San Jose at Mollys, Habeneros and Le Dolce. All were good and suited our mood - but Le Dolce was excellent Italian - a nice change from Mexican fare the rest of the week.
We walked to Mega and took the cab back - stocked up on Water, breakfast and lunch snacks.
Concierge staff - all ot them - were very helpful! We took the ATV excursion on beach/sand dunes which great - a long ride to get there (40 minutes but included in price) but a full 2.5 hours around desert, beautiful beaches.
The hotel raised a red flag on the beach all week signifying no swimming - but based on prior reviews this was expected. Morning walks on the beach were wonderful - and if you are up for a horseback ride the horses are right out front.
Will include my minor complaints - but these would not prevent me from returning:
LIGHTING: Lighting around the resort / hallways while lovely is almost too dim. I had the thought that for some (older folks or with poor eyesight) it might be dangerous or lead to a fall. The lighting in the bathroom and bedroom vanity was poor - small spots overhead cast shadows on your face - clearly designed by a man who didnt need to apply make up. One other guest we met told us they brought additional lighting for her bathroom upon request - we had only one day left so didn't bother to ask.
TIMESHARE PITCH: When I called to confirm my reservation a few days out the Concierge first asked me to take the 90 minute tour. I refused, and refused again upon arrival...but eventually caved. They offer ~$200 USD - either in free excursions, food credits, taxi service to airport/etc. As with all time share pitches it lasts more than 90 minutes (2:45 arrival to release) - you just need to decide if your time is worth the incentive. I downplayed my annual vacation days and spending and did not feel overly pressured to buy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort has a truly fresh look and feel, far superior to any Cabo San Lucas resorts. Our Cabo resort and spa stands out from the standard Cabo San Lucas resorts and hotel choices in the San Jose del Cabo area with Studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom luxury villas guaranteed to pamper your mind and soul. We truly provide the luxury vacation you've been dreaming of. From the abundance of luxurious amenities to the thoughtful interior design choices, Cabo Azul Resort has labored over even the smallest of details to ensure an exceptional experience with every visit to our Cabo resort's ocean side paradise. Don't settle for anything less than the best at other Cabo resorts, find the perfect vacation at Cabo Azul Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo