Cabo Azul Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Solaris Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Las Quintas De Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Room Service
Viceroy Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Breakfast included
Posada Real Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Breakfast included
Park Royal Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Pool
Royal Decameron Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
2,017 results
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom villajavier's restaurantserenity poolflor de nocheterry clothswim up bartime sharesan josetimeshare presentationdirectly across the streetocean viewtimeshare pitchrip tideslounge chairstacoscab ride
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I never thought I would purchase a timeshare, but 4 years ago we decided to take a leap of faith and purchase into Pacific Monarch Resorts, because of Cabo Azul - a beautifully constructed resort in San Jose Del Cabo, the sister city to my hometown of Carpinteria, California. Pacific Monarch had 9 resorts and Cabo Azul was definitely the jewel in the crown. It is still beautiful with the most amazing pools and outdoor swim up bar. The service is wonderful. The villas are gorgeous and they have so many amenities. When we first joined they had wonderful yoga and salsa classes which they no longer offer. They have a gym and spa however, and can arrange for private yoga lessons. Unfortunately, Pacific Monarch has gone bankrupt and this resort has been purchased by Diamond. They are honoring Pacific Monarch memberships. It seems like Diamond has enough funds to finish the front of the building. Unfortunately, it costs a ton more money to become a Diamond timeshare owner than it did to become a Pacific Monarch owner and after January 1, 2013 they are only allotting one building to the previous Pacific Monarch owners - Building six which faces the pool. The rest of the resort will be for Diamond owners. We suffered through the timeshare spiel yet again when we visited this time - mainly because we wanted to see what the Diamond buyout means to us. The saleslady could not believe it when we said we don't want more choices but less. I like simplicity in my life and too many choices is confusing. Anyway, we wait to see what happens to this resort under Diamond and whether or not we will be able to get in when we want as Pacific Monarch owners.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank starsshadows
Reviewed November 17, 2012

To begin I have to admit the resort was beautiful and the villas were gorgeous BUT I had such a horrible experience I can't believe they have such a high rating.
It really began when we got there, and they took FOREVER to check us in. They were disorganized and just kept forgetting about us. We had a 1.5 year old little kid with us and there was no lobby because of the construction so we had to sit in the parking lot. They just made us wait and wait and wait. If I remember correctly it took and hour for them to check us in and show us a room. That is the LONGEST I have ever waited to check into a hotel.
Then they gave us a room. Which was beautiful, we were super happy until about 12 hours later the banging and skills saws began. They were doing construction of some sort in the room directly below us. It was so loud our floors were shaking. We quickly called the front desk and told them about the problem. They told us they would call us back and figure something out.
Three hours later. Floors still shaking. Our son couldn't take a nap. They still hadn't followed up. We called again. Then again. It was now 11 pm and this was still going on.
I went downstairs and they said they would stop the construction and move us in the morning. They did neither. The construction went on all night.
After a sleepless night we called again first thing in the morning and they still didn't move us until 1pm the next day.
It was just a nightmare. The hotel wasn't even full. They just seriously had no concern for their guests. More than half of our anniversary vacation was ruined by the horrible unresponsive service.
No one ever apologized, they didn't even comp us a drink ticket. Nothing.
I'd rather stay have good service then a beautiful room with construction going on downstairs.
After we moved we had a nice time, there were plenty of nice people there but my experience was not up to par.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank Justine C
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great facility. Wonderful pools nice and warm. There are actually three large pools that step down from the property to the beach and each one is set at a different temperature from warmer to cooler but still very comfortable in November. At night the resort is lit with firepits and just lovely. Javier restaurant on the property. Great service from the staff. We had a 3 bedroom suite with full kitchen large seating and dining area and huge balcony. We will return next year. Currently there is a deal on travelzoo for 1 and 2 bedroom units. Went into the little town for dinner, a short cab ride away and walkable too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the last week of Oct. with 3 friends. I loved and enjoyed every minute of my stay and so did my company. The service is very personal and people at this resort make it feel as their life mission is to keep the guest happy. We stayed in a 3 room suit and everything is impressive. The beds, the view, the location of the hotel, the drinks...
please while there, visit San Jose del Cabo and dine at the restaurant called "Salsitas". We discovered this restaurant just by accident and what an awesome experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank adila9119
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to Cabo Azul for a full weel in October with another couple. The hotel is wonderful. Yes the second bedroom was rather dark, but the second day we were there they did something and it was a lot brighter. The pools are wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The area is wonderful and I enjoyed the desserts in the store more than anything in the restaurants and they are much more affordable than in the restaurants. My view of the ocean was gorgeous.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view...I could see both the ocean, the pool and everything.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple