2,161 results
All reviews javier's restaurant full kitchen bedroom villa flor de noche serenity pool swim up bar terry cloth time share san jose timeshare presentation pool side ocean view rip tides tacos lounge chairs sales pitch cab ride
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Not only is the location absolutely beautiful, the resort is as well..

Let me start with our room.
I was slightly disappointed because we were told it sleeps four comfortablely.
I know this is my fault because I knew it was a one bedroom.. But it was very... small for four people. So my advice if you travel with four people, make sure you spring for the two bedroom.
And the shower totally leaked!! Everytime you took a shower the bathroom flooded.
But the view was really pretty, it over looked the pool and beachish.
We really enjoyed sleeping with the doors open and curtains drawn it was heavenly to wake up to. But one night they did power wash at like midnight and we had to shut the doors. But once the doors were shut you could barely hear it.

The pool was soo unbelievablely relaxing. They had these little "nests" we called them around the pool and down close to the beach and I spent a good chunk of time relaxing and reading in there. I loved how the pool had three different infinty pool levels. The top pool was the warmest and they got cooler as you went down. The middle pool was my favorite.. which brings me to the bar...

Oscar made are trip. Hands down. Our bartender couldn't have been any better.. he took care of us, kept the envoritement fun and relaxing. The day he was off, we realized just how much he made our trip.

We also had the kitchen make the durado we caught on our fishing trip.. WOW! I have not had better fish in my life. They cooked it 5 different ways..holy hell it was amazing.
Our favorite server in the For de Noche resturant (which is the one that looks like a jellyfish at the pool) was Sergio. He was very attentive. Another night we were there and order the steak... it was so good I wanted to order a second and I was stuffed! We also ate at Javier's but it felt like a waste we could of been eating at Flor De Noche.. My advice skip Javier's get it when you come home.. it tastes the same.

One day well the boys were out we went and got massages on the beach.. It was so relaxing.. But our masseuse had attitudes and cut our massage short.. we paid for 50 and they showed up 15 minutes late and they only gave us 35 minute masages.. We didn't let it ruin our trip. We just went to their manager and politely told him what happened. We didn't want anything in return, just a heads up for there future clinets. The manager was very apologetic and nice about it and gave us a free 30 minute masage and access to the spa for the rest of our trip.

Bottom-line I'm coming back here.. again and again. What an amazing trip we had.
I haven't shut up about it since we got home.

Room tip: We got to look at the penthouse suite one day... So amazing next time we come we are staying there. One bedroom doesn't really fit four comfortabely.. Unless its you and your kids, but two couples it's two small.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie D
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Summary: Quiet, clean place with very friendly service. Nice pools and small, but clean beach area. A great place to do nothing but relax by the pool.

Used a TravelZoo deal ($800 for 4 nights - 2bdrm villa), so it was a great value for us.

Pros:
Rooms: Clean. Quiet. New appliances.
Staff: Friendly staff (reception, servers, concierge)
Fitness area: newer machines with individual TVs + free weight room
Beach: Private beach area small, but clean …not a swimming beach
Pools: nice infinity pools with swim up bar
Internet: free
Restaurant: (Flor de Noche) very good – especially the ceviche and tuna tartar.

Cons:
Dark rooms – need better lighting
TV in living area a bit small (for a new, luxury resort).
Weak Wi-fi around pool area.
Only wired internet in room
Not much to see/do walking distance from the resort

Other:
Didn't go to the main restaurant (Javiers), so no comment there.
Lunch at timeshare presentation was awful (on par with airplane food).
$5 cab ride to San Jose del Cabo, $35 to Cabo San Lucas
MegaMart about 1 mile away. There's also an onsite mini-mart.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank CiaoFunn
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This place is literally perfect. But a bit too perfect for me. It is a resort with restaurant pool spa gym etc all designed in classy luxury . However, very little of authentic Mexico is there for viewing. It has a somewhat Vegas-y sanitized style to it. You will be totally safe here, you will not get food poisoning and you can just switch off and lounge by three of the most beautiful infinity pools you've ever seen.
Also they tell you not to go into the ocean because od rip tides. But I think that more out of fear of lawsuits than real danger. I went in on the last day and regretted not having going in earlier.
If you have the money to spend (and spend it you will - the prices are equivalent to a resort in the US) and you don't want to lift a finger. This is the place for you.

1  Thank nicolab478
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at Cabo Azul in May. It was absolutely amazing. The grounds are extremely lush and well kept. Everything was extremely clean. The pool area was amazing, probably the nicest that I have ever seen. Beautiful infinity pools overlooking the beach and ocean with a swim up bar. Even cooler at night with torches around the pool area. The lounge chairs and cocoons were extremely comfortable and the covers were changed daily so they were very clean. The rooms were beautiful and huge, everything is top notch and very luxurious. The service was good and the tacos at the pool were awesome.

There really isn't much about this resort that could be better. One small disadvantage is the location is at a no-swim beach, but I am not the type of person that would swim in the ocean over the pool anyways, so that did not bother me a bit. A plus of the location is that it is a short walk away from a grocery store where you can stock up on food for the room to save a bit of money on meals.

I highly recommend this resort and would definitely like to stay here again in the future. I have always been skeptical of timeshares, but after staying here, I will even give some consideration to one.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had 5 adults with 3 kids for a family getaway. The resort was really great. From the first reception at the lobby to check-out, we really have no complaints. We were greated warmly, the bellman helped unload the car and delivered the bags to our room without delay. The check-in was easy - we got the Villa we reserved. The upgrades that came with our room were presented quickly by the concierge and we were on our way to lunch to feed the hungry kids. Lunch in the pool side restaurant was quick, good quality, and the service was just fine all 3 times we ate there.

Dinner at Javiers is quite good. It's always a nice portion, well presented and executed. It's definitely worth a visit during your stay. The outdoor space is great just by the beach.

The pool and poolside bar were great. Big space, plenty of cabanas and lounge chairs. You don't need to rush out in the morning to reserve a spot. It's adult and kid friendly. There are 3 pools all casading down into each other. The beach is clean and fun, but you should not swim at the beach in Cabo. It's just way too rough and wild to take a chance.

We went on a horseback ride at sunset with the kids and 3 adults. That was great as it went allong the beach. It's beautiful and fun. Was a memorable experience for all. The hotel included this little perk as part of our package.

Our room was a 3 bedroom villa. It was literally on the waterfront. It included jacuzzi's in two rooms, huge walk-in closets, TV's, dining table to seat 8, and a full and well equipped kitchen. The large outdoor balcony also had a King size bed lounger adjacent to the even larger out-door jacuzzi. We loved that little extra feature.

The on-site market also made it convenient to get basic groceries, and there is large grocery store a very short distance away if you need to really stock-up. Also, for the kids, the on-site market rents DVDs!

Finally, the event staff helped us cater in a buffet breakfast in our room to celebrate a big birthday. They arranged a nice flower arrangement and full table setting at our in-room dining table. They arranged for room service to deliver the room service menu to us but presented family style on our kitchen island. It was a real treat. And it really made us feel at home in our hotel suite. It was a nice way to have a family moment - and it was worth the modest cost to get it all arranged.

• Trip type: Traveled with family