“Most Amazing Vacation Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cabo Azul Resort

Cabo Azul Resort
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Mesa, Arizona
“Most Amazing Vacation Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I went to Cabo Azul the first week of June and it was one of the most amazing vacations we have ever had. Cabo Azul far exceeded all of our expectations! As a matter of fact, we are already planning our next vacation there for early 2013! Where should I begin: the staff is first class and so friendly and helpful that I wanted to hug them constantly! A big shout out to the Front Desk Manager, Eleno, one particular bellhop and the entire Concierge staff – in particular one by the name of Dulce (which means sweet which she most definitely was!) This does not mean the rest of the staff was not outstanding because they were. One particular waiter at the pool area just spoke with us once (we didn’t even buy a drink at that time) and he learned our names and constantly greeted us each and every day by our first names! The resort is definitely a five-star hotel and everything was beautiful and clean and gorgeous – everything you want from your vacation place. We had a wonderful villa, with a view to the ocean and opening the sliding glass doors in our bedroom and listening to the ocean waves in our bedroom was heavenly. We took afternoon naps in a cabana that was overlooking the ocean and I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful that was! I have a stressful job, so San Jose del Cabo was definitely a “de-stressor”…I am very glad we did not stay in Cabo San Lucas which is only about 20 or 25 miles away. Our favorite Concierge arranged for us to do fun things like a snorkeling tour aboard the Pez Gato (highly recommended), deep sea fishing where we caught 3 big fish, one of them weighing in at almost 40 lbs!, horseback riding, etc. We also golfed at three different golf resorts and they were amazing, as well. We walked about 2miles (maybe less) to the Mega Supermarket where we got everything we needed for when we didn’t want to go out to eat. Another day, we took a cab to the small down town San Jose del Cabo and it was really cute and we did some fun shopping. I could go on and on about what a wonderful time we had, but you get the drift. Don’t miss out on the Mocha Coffee and pastry special they have at the deli in the Cabo Azul resort…Yummy and so cheap at about $3 American dollars per person. The weather was a little warm, but nothing that two Arizona residents couldn’t handle! Please go to this wonderful resort—you will not be sorry!!! Norka and Manny

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Norka C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Upon the moment we got there I knew it was going to be a great vacation. The property was breathtaking, and so was the room! We stayed in a 2bedroom/2bath villa. Very nice! I just wished we had more light in the villa, but that was such a small thing. Loved the pools and seating at pools and beach. Service was awesome! Didn't want for anything! They need to work on getting better internet service because It was not available! Only could get it in a small area near 1 of the pools, could not get it at the pool closest to the beach. Should really be able to get internet access in the room! I can't tell you a time where I needed to go to an internet cafe in a hotel. That was so 5-10 years ago! Service at the main restaurant there was TERRIBLE! Took well over an hour to get us chicken tacos! I would say have dinner outside of the resort anyway, so many great places in San Jose del Cabo! Went to Flora Fields Kitchen-beautiful and great food, Meson del Angel-great food and great service! I can't wait to return next year! Oh had one of the best massages ever! And I'm a spa junkie!

Room Tip: Go to the market and buy some breakfast foods to make in the room! Go off resort for dinner. Lots...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank sunshine11
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

After another restful vacation at Cabo Azul, it remains one of our favorite places to visit. The staff is very attentive, the facilities spotless and the atmosphere is extremely relaxed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Horatio987
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I and our 3 children went and spent 4 days in Cabo Azul. I cannot even express my enjoyment and gratitude towards the staff and the resort. It exceeded our expectation in ever way! The kids wanted to stay in Cabo San Lucas because after all that's where all the fun is...but when we went during the day the screamed for some tranquility and Cabo Azul delivered. We rented a car and drove to CSL for a few hours and then drove back to Azul. No problems at all! Just be aware, that if you want a resort where you can swim in the ocean then this is not the place for you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank CLoera3289
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

We absolutely fell in love with this place! We were planning to take a trip and I was researching everything from Mexico to the Virgin Islands. I'd always wanted to go to Cabo so when the Groupon for Cabo Azul showed up on email I immediately got online and read all the reviews and we decided to book it and added extra night! SO worth it! This resort is so beautiful and classy! Everything from the rooms to the pool are pretty, clean, and comfortable! I couldn't believe the rooms, the bed is the best I have ever slept in. The pool area has 3 infinity pools running into the next towards the beach with a swim up bar & restaurant. The lounge chairs comfy and nice! The food is very good and reasonable. And the whole entire staff was awesome! You will be asked to listen to a presentation for 90 minutes, it's worth it. They will give you free massages, dinner, etc.. I have to be honest it was not what I expected so go with an open mind. This isn't your typical time share like you hear about. If you travel just once a year it makes since.
Miguel at concierge was great! He will help set up any activity. Make sure you are clear abour what you want to do and how long to make sure you get it. We wanted to go catch Marlin, tuna, wahoo, etc but didn't realize you have to go the whole day/8hrs. Also if fishing make sure to ask about food, drinks, cooler, etc..We didn't and there was nothing but the little bit we brought and we couldn't take our fish because we didn't have anything to put it in. The restaurant will cook it for you at the hotel!
This is truly a romantic get away for couples. The resort is small, only 144 rooms, so you don't have a bunch of kids running around. Mostly very nice couples there just to relax!
We are already planning our next trip!!
Book it! You won't regret it!

Room Tip: Garden view bottom floor is actually very quiet and private and only 25 steps away from pool so you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cricket0374
Chino, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Just got back from a trip with my boyfriend and I, and another couple. They actually used time share points and upgraded to a 2 BR villa for $95 total (which I paid).

Got in around 8pm - Jorge from Victor's Cabo Transportation was amazing. We rode in a nice suburban with free beer and water, and he even went inside the grocery store with us and helped us shop. We gave Jorge a nice tip :)

Checked in to the hotel probably around 10pm. I think we were too late for a welcome drink. Paola gave my friends all of the info for the stay - and then got them to sign up for a timeshare presentation. I guess since they are already owners, their company was acquired by someone else and it would be informative for them. I personally didnt like how they lied and said "our keys were being made".. to get us to talk to her.

Checked into our room and it was gorgeous. My friend requested a "full ocean view" - but I guess at CA this comes with a full pool view too. They said "Ocean Front" would describe a typical full ocean view. (more trickery...right?) The full kitchen is nice, comes with coffee, all appliances, even a blender. The living room has a very outdated TV, and a white outdoor type of couch which had no throw pillows on it and was uncomfy. The patio is HUGE but not very usable. Would have been nice to have lounge chairs vs. a table and chairs. The master bedroom was very nice, with a Jacuzzi tub in the middle, then a closet and bathroom and nice TV. Also has a door to the balcony. I thought it was weird that the tub and bathroom were not next to eachother though. The guest bathroom was nice with a shower - but the toilet doesnt have a separate door though, the room doesnt have a tv, and the bed is a bit small. Also, as everyone has said - the room is VERY low lit.. need more lighting for sure. The maids came every day, and the A/C was bueno. Pillows on the bed are too big too.

The pool is nice. Infinity waters, 2 spas, and nice chairs. The lunch wrap was good, and the swim up bar is always nice. The cocoons are cool looking, but a little silly in my opinion. They should have a few more cabanas if they are going to be free.

The beach is nice, but a bit windy, and of course, not swimmable. Only 2 vendors on the beach, who were selling hats but also told us they have drugs. Yikes. Maybe be careful letting your teenagers go to the beach alone! lol

For our timeshare thing, we had lunch at the pool restaurant. It was a set menu, and terrible. And awkward. We got $40 off of the spa for each couple, and $100 to Javier's for each couple - so that was nice. We toured the penthouse and the wedding chapel, and then our friends had to sit through some more sales pitches before they were freed.

Cooked breakfast every morning.. 1st night we had dinner in the town of San Jose, 1st full day we walked around San Jose and ended up eating at Applebees at night because nothing was open due to Presidential voting that day - 2nd full day we took a cab down to Cabo and had lunch and walked around. Took a glass bottom boat to the Arch & took advantage of our free Javier's dinner that night. We didn't spend enough, but still tipped nicely. The service was great at most places we went in SJ. 3rd final day, relaxed at the pool, got a massage at the spa (very nice, but the masseuse woman didnt leave the room for me to change before or after the massage, which was weird to me. Then went to Nik San for dinner that night. Amazing food and service. Oh, went to the gym one day at the hotel which is very nice, but lacks a ocean view, and the market at the hotel has everything you can think of.

Probably won't stay here again because we also like the choices in Cabo - but if I could create the perfect Cabo experience, I would pick up Cabo Azul and put it in Cabo SL :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gretchstars
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

The resort is just BEAUTIFUL! Very relaxing at any time of the day or night. Everyone has a book or magazine out and just soaking up the sun and relaxation. The staff are on it! They are so attentive and have a "whatever it takes" attitude to make your stay more pleasant. They are also constantly cleaning and maintaining the resort, which I really liked. They have an on-site mini market which pretty much has everything you need if you want to cook your own meal in your room. The restaurant (Javier's) has delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner (I tried all 3). Any activities you would like to do in Cabo San Lucas can easily be booked through the front desk or simply by calling from your room. Also, there is pretty much no nightlife near the resort or in San Jose Del Cabo. You must drive or take a taxi to Cabo San Lucas, which is about a 25-30 minute drive down the coast. We rented a car since we found it to be cheaper than paying $35 for a taxi ride each way to Cabo San Lucas. There is free valet at the resort. Once we got to Cabo San Lucas and saw the atmosphere, we were happy we decided to stay at Cabo Azul in San Jose Del Cabo even though it required a short drive to Cabo San Lucas for all the water sport activities. Also, there is free wifi near the pools and internet is available in your room using an ethernet cable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor near the pools are the best because you get to walk in and out of your villa...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#13 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,961 reviews
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
#15 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,539 reviews

Been to Cabo Azul Resort? Share your experiences!