We have visited this resort 5 times now and have a return trip scheduled this spring. The rooms are gorgeous and spacious, and the balcony area is larger than most. I agree with many reviewers that the lighting in the bathrooms is too dark to easily do makeup, but I do not agree that it's too dark to read. There is a dimmer switch in each room, and perhaps some people did not discover this. The restaurants on site are expensive, but so are most of the restaurants in town. We usually have a late lunch at Flor de Noche (the poolside restaurant) on the day we arrive. The food is tasty and chips and salsa are delicious. My only criticism is that the menu needs to be expanded. Take advantage of the happy hour drinks here. Otherwise, go to Mega down the road (kind of like Walmart) and buy food and drinks to prepare your own. There is a blender, pots and pans, etc. in each unit. The stars of this resort are the staff and the pools. Many of the same staff members have been here since the first time we visited and are always gracious and go out of their way to make you happy. Amazingly some remember our names when we visit! The pools have areas where we have noticed children enjoy playing, but are so large that it's possible for couples to feel like they have space of their own. Our adult son enjoys swimming laps in the early morning on the days he doesn't use the gym (which has modern equipment and TVs on most machines). San Jose del Cabo is a perfect location for us because we like more of a quiet atmosphere, but if you like to party you may want to consider booking a room in Cabo San Lucas since there isn't much nightlife here. (We bring DVDs to view in the evening using the DVD player in the unit-- TV channel selection is limited.) I recommend booking a rental car for at least some of your visit unless you just plan to sit by the pool the whole time. Some of the excursion companies will pick you up at the resort, but many require you to drive or arrange your own transportation into Cabo San Lucas. It is possible to walk into San Jose del Cabo from the resort for restaurants or shopping, but in the summer the heat can make the walk miserable. The incentives they give you for attending a timeshare presentation here are helpful if you're on a limited budget, but don't do it if the pressure is going to put a damper on your vacation. There are seemingly timeshare hawks everywhere (the airport, Mega, downtown San Jose, downtown Cabo San Lucas, even the beach). They work for different resorts, often offering large incentives-- it's up to you whether it's worth your time. If they promise a 90 minute presentation it may turn out to actually take 3 hours. Avoid the "helpful" guys in the orange vests at Mega. They seem to be working for the store and will help you find whatever you're looking for, but really they try to book people for timeshare pitches. If you want help finding something at Mega ask someone who's stocking shelves. I highly recommend Cabo Azul-- it's completely unlike most timeshare properties, and we have had a wonderful vacation each visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort has a truly fresh look and feel, far superior to any Cabo San Lucas resorts. Our Cabo resort and spa stands out from the standard Cabo San Lucas resorts and hotel choices in the San Jose del Cabo area with Studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom luxury villas guaranteed to pamper your mind and soul. We truly provide the luxury vacation you've been dreaming of. From the abundance of luxurious amenities to the thoughtful interior design choices, Cabo Azul Resort has labored over even the smallest of details to ensure an exceptional experience with every visit to our Cabo resort's ocean side paradise. Don't settle for anything less than the best at other Cabo resorts, find the perfect vacation at Cabo Azul Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Vacatia, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo