I have an unnatural fondness for villas in tropical locales. The ones found in Cabo Azul are top notch.
The resort itself is perfectly planned and features three infinity pools fronting the ocean. The beach is beautifully laid out as well, with gorgeous cabanas and lounge chairs. Unfortunately, it's best not to swim in the ocean as the riptides are very strong, but this is typical for much of this part of Cabo. There are several places to grab a bite to eat here; be sure not to miss the $2.00 tacos at Flor de Noche, the open building by the pool (done several times a week).
In terms of location, Cabo Azul is situated just a mile from downtown San Jose del Cabo, the quieter, more laid-back brother of Cabo San Lucas (which is a 30-45 minute drive away). The resort is also 5 minutes away from Mega, where groceries and sundries can be purchased (although these can also be purchase on-site as well). Best of all location-wise, Cabo Azul is an easy drive away from the international airport. Getting in and out of the country is very, very easy, which makes the though of returning to this location all the more attractive to me. While this doesn't reflect on the resort in any way, this part is good to know: as far as the airport goes, beware of the incredibly aggressive time share hawkers who will undoubtedly try to engage you as you make your way out of the terminal. A friendly but firm "no thanks" coupled with a sure stride towards the door should shake them off.
The villas themselves are quite luxe, with each bedroom having its own unique character. The kitchen is completely functional, the living room large enough to comfortably accommodate a good-sized group. If you can, get one with an ocean view.
Service here was consistently top-notch. Staff members are helpful without being intrusive, and area able to anticipate your needs.
I happened to be traveling with adults, but noticed that this resort is very child-and-family friendly. At the same time, it is somehow able to manage things in a way that keeps it from being dominated by kids and taking on a theme-park quality.
My experience here was top-notch and I have every intention of returning. Just keep in mind that this part of Mexico is geared towards the tourist, so while it is the perfect location for a lazy beach vacation, this region may not be the best choice if you are looking for a more authentic and typical Mexican experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort has a truly fresh look and feel, far superior to any Cabo San Lucas resorts. Our Cabo resort and spa stands out from the standard Cabo San Lucas resorts and hotel choices in the San Jose del Cabo area with Studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom luxury villas guaranteed to pamper your mind and soul. We truly provide the luxury vacation you've been dreaming of. From the abundance of luxurious amenities to the thoughtful interior design choices, Cabo Azul Resort has labored over even the smallest of details to ensure an exceptional experience with every visit to our Cabo resort's ocean side paradise. Don't settle for anything less than the best at other Cabo resorts, find the perfect vacation at Cabo Azul Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Vacatia, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo