2,117 results
All reviews bedroom villa full kitchen javier's restaurant serenity pool swim up bar flor de noche terry cloth time share san jose timeshare presentation directly across the street ocean view rip tides lounge chairs timeshare pitch tacos exchange rate
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I was skeptical to stay in San Jose del Cabo at first instead of Cabo San lucas since I heard Cabo San Lucas was more people my age (22) but this vacation was perfect! There were couples, family's including children, young adults, people of all ages were at this resort. The Cabo Azul hotel was under construction when myself and my 4 friends went but you would never be able to tell. The room was absolutely beautiful, with a kitchen and 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. My favorite part was the pool. Pictures do not do it justice and you could stay out there all day or go sit by the beach or have a pool side lunch or drink. There were quite a few things you could do at night, restaurants at the hotel were great, they also had a beach party one of the nights we were there or you can take a cab to cabo san lucas which is about 25 minutes away and head to some of the clubs there. The concierges at the hotel are amazing, they can help you out with whatever excursion you want to go on or where the closest grocery store is. The service in general was amazing, everyone really went above and beyond for us and you could tell they really cared.

The only downside was the beach. If you are looking for a beach to swim in, this is not the place. The waves are pretty strong and they advise you not to swim there. Apart from that, this place is was and absolute dream! I will definitely be back to this resort.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Melanie V
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Cabo Azul is breath taking. The decor is absolutely beautiful beds are comfy views are amazing. This resort has everything from a high end place to eat (Javier's delicious) swim bar bar with taco night very affordable to a deli/bakery all the food is hand made there on the resort. Views are beautiful from every room. Beach front and 3 infity pools. I cannot say enough goods things about this place. In one word Fabulous!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I had a 7 night stay in April. We chose to stay there because we wanted an apartment that had water views and was within walking distance of San Jose. The first 3 nights were in the penthouse (because all 1 bedroom suites were fully booked) and it was absolutely gorgeous. We loved the space of the rooms, the decor was understated yet stunning but best of all was the outdoor terrace overlooking the pool. Our remaining 4 nights were in a 1 bedroom suite - obviously a come-down on the penthouse but we still had a good time. Jardins restaurant had delicious food and a really good wine list. However the pool restaurant food was only ok. Even though the resort was incomplete when we were there, we were not inconvenienced or disrupted at all during our stay. We would highly recommend this place if you're looking for a luxury break.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The resort was extremely pretty. It had 3 infinity pools and the pools were really nice and not that crowded. The hotel is not in a part of town where there were a lot of things going on, but it was located near a "costco-like" store called Mega. it costs $5.00 US to get there and we were able to buy food and water for the room. They had pretty decent prices as well. There was also a Starbucks located in that little stripmall which was nice.

The hotel itself was very pretty. Everything was very clean. The pool chairs were so comfy and always clean and there were many available all day long. We didn't have to fight for them. There were also few families which made it nice because it was relaxing and very romantic. They have 2 restaurants that were also really good but if you ask me, a little overpriced. The cafe in the resort where they sold gelato had some good deals everyday. I looked forwarded to my 2 for 1 danishes after 7pm and the 2 scoop for 1 gelato on certain days. They also made very good coffee.

The gym was super clean, and I wish I had headphones on my trip because all of the machines had tv screens with quite a few channels. it was really great.

We took a cab ride to Los Cabos and ti cost us $35 US and it was a smooth ride and really fun when we got there.

All in all I have to say that the resort is really nice and far exceeded my expectations. the designs and the room was super clean. I couldn't say anything bad about it. I thought it was beautiful and I would go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Alecka
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I just stayed here with 3 girlfriends in the 3BR Oceanview villa. It was awesome. The resort is immaculately clean and the service is superb. People were friendly and helpful. We loved Javier's restaurant but were disappointed by dinner at Flor de Noche (the bar restaurant). The food from the cafe and market on the resort is surprisingly not a rip-off. Likewise, drinks are not outrageous. And we drank the filtered water out of our fridge and had ice in our drinks and everyone remained 100% healthy. Even in August the ocean breeze is pleasant. Even the fitness center was great! Definitely a place we'd love to go back to.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends