“Original Brazilian all you can eat!”
Review of Restaurante Amazonia Brasileiro - CLOSED

Restaurante Amazonia Brasileiro
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Stanford, California
“Original Brazilian all you can eat!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I just flew to San Jose and missed lunch because of my flight so I was looking for a place where I could have a large dinner and the magic "all you can eat" words came up as I was searching for a place close by my hotel… after a little bit I decided to go.
It's the real deal. The waiters are Mexican (but speak a good English, like most of people in the Cabos area) but the owners and some of the chefs are Brazilian. It's an all you can eat buffet, but you stay at your table and waiters come and offer you treats of delicious meat.
The buffet consists of a choice of assorted veggies, some potato croquettes and of course meat. Plenty of meat, mainly beef and pork, some chicken and turkey. It was just very, very good and even though I don't eat out often when I'm at home I'm still a pretty picky eater… Drinks are not included.
The staff is friendly and check on you quite often, especially since both times (yes, I came back - it was that good) it was just me and another family in the restaurant, probably because I went during low season. They have a couple large TV screens inside.
The only (admittedly, big) problem is that they basically have no AC. They have some ceiling fan but the open space where you eat is large and quite tall too, so it's pretty much impossible to keep the room at a decent temperature. It's uncomfortable to start sweating a lot during your meal, but if you can get past it the restaurant is really worth a try. With some improvement to the AC I'd have given them 5 stars.

Visited July 2014

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Delicious and for a very good price!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I had heard good comments about this new restaurant but since I am not a big meat eater I wasn't sure I wanted to pay an all you can eat fee for just a couple of cuts of meat. I am so glad I went! The place is spacious and clean and they have great service. They keep bringing the food at all times and they have a nice variety of side dishes but the best part was by far the meat. Great quality which I wasn't expecting and the taste is very very good. I just couldn't stop eating Picanha! As for the drinks, their caipirinhas are really good but strong so watch out! I highly recommend it as a new and different alternative in Cabo.

• Visited July 2014
SanJoseDelCabo
“Attention Meat Eaters!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

San José now has their First Brazillian Restaurant! It's not fancy, however You Get to EAT all The best cuts of Beef, Chicken and Turkey served on a Sword for One low price of $23 dollars for ALL You can EAT!! It Is accompanied by several salads and side dishes. The Fried rice balls and Cheese bread add to this Brazillian Feast! Súper, Friendly, attentive service!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank wowme2
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We hesitated to go into this place, because there was only one other table filled. We are so glad we stayed. The service was excellent and the meats were incredible. The price was very reasonable, as well. We eat in San Jose often, and this place is one of the best places we've been. We will definitely go back.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Bright Spot on the San Jose Restaurant Scene”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Amazonia has been open for little over a month but it operates like it has been open for much longer. The staff is very attentive, efficient, knowledgeable and customer friendly. It is located across from the Hotel Barcelo Grand Faro next to Madero Associates Real Estate office. The location is a large palapa roofed building with plenty of ceiling fans and the ventilation is great. There is a small play area for kids.

This is an all you can eat restaurant so go hungry. They start off with small appetizers, salads, bread and drinks. The drinks are extra. Next come different types and cuts of beef, chicken and turkey. The food is very good and there is plenty of it. I passed on most of the appetizers and salads knowing that the meat was coming and come it did. If you want more of a particular type or cut just ask for more and it will arrive at your table in a few minutes.

The meat was mouth watering and very tender cooked the Brazilian way. I finished dinner with a milk based Tapioca desert that hit the spot. The Brazilian coffee is very strong.

This is restaurant definitely requires a repeat visit. A nice bright spot in San Jose del Cabo.

• Visited April 2014