We are an owner at Club Regina and this was our third stay in over 12 years. We have always had a very nice stay and the service/staff has always been really great. The staff really goes out of their way to make you feel welcomed. I will list the pros/cons so you have an expectation of the property. I will also try and give you tips that we have learned over the years to enhance your stay!
- We like being in the "sleepy" part of the corridor. 12 years ago the location felt more isolated but now it seems like people are finally realizing that this area is the place to be - great beaches and local food in San Jose if you venture off property (shhhh don't tell)!
- We love the look and layout of property. We don't mind walking all the steep walkways and steps (worked off my week of indulging in margaritas and homemade flour tortillas!). BTW, we are not kidding that you walk everywhere so be prepared. Staff will pick you up in golf cart if you need it (very accommodating). Hope they keep the property up - we noticed some of the exterior areas and pool areas were not well kept (peeling stucco, tiles to be cleaned/replaced, pool speakers seemed blown out!)
- They have definitely upgraded the rooms since our last visit (full fridge, granite countertops, nicer bedding, flat screen TV's). However, if you are just staying here for the first time you may think the rooms are "tired" looking and need a facelift. They STILL need to upgrade the couches and chairs in the living room! KItchen was well stocked and when our coffee pot broke they immediately brought us a new one!
Cabo/Club Regina Tips:
- Car rental cost us $500 with the CDW insurance. Worth it if you adventure out and you use it to go to Mega Store or CostCo and get all your food and drink for the week. I would recommend venturing out to Todos Santos. Parking out front is frustrating (all the spots are taken up by their on-site rental cars). They always helped us find a spot but it did take time!
- Buy your food at Mega/CostCo and eat in your room!!! - Your room has the best view (plus you can eat in your robe on balcony watching waves crash against rocks!). We ate almost every meal/snack in the room and it was totally worth it…
- Local Food - our best meal was at a very local spot called "Mariscos El Toro Guero" located about 20 minutes from property towards airport. BEST seafood and ceviche. You go here for the food not the view (right off highway on dirt road)… trust me you will have a great meal (salsa is REALLY spicy so beware!). Remember to order extra ceviche so you can put in fridge and enjoy on balcony! We also took big group to "Zippers" for casual dinner. Not the greatest food (however, my fish and chips was really tasty!). Can't beat live entertainment and view of surfers! Kids had fun playing on the beach...
- Deli On-Site - Check out the daily breakfast and dinner specials. You order at the deli and the restaurant delivers. Not as pricey as the restaurants. We ordered (3) roasted chickens with salsa and tortillas and fed 8 people (with leftovers). We were able to pick up all the other "fix ins" at CostCo (beans, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, etc…) so it was REALLY great!
- Activities - Take part in the fun! We always meet the most interesting guests when we took part in the fun - yoga in the cove, water aerobics, pool volleyball, bingo and poker at adult swim up bar, roasting marshmallows on the beach, etc… wish they would rotate more activities! Brent (Activities Coordinator) was so great - seek him out and you will have a great time!
- Bring a soft cooler - We took beers/water to pool but bought our frozen drinks at pool. If you bring your own drinks to pool, at least tip the pool attendant!
- Keep all your receipts - it was easy to review final bill when we had all our receipts!
- Westin Spa - We had a great massage (beach cabana) down at the beach. Only downside was construction noise from pool (still relaxing and great therapists). Westin Spa had nicer features and you gett a 20% discount if you are a Club Regina member.
- Westin Gym - really nice workout facility…
- Club Regina Kids Club was NO BUENO!!! Small little room and no activities. We should have tried the Westin Kids Club. Check them both out BEFORE you drop the kids off!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Regina Los Cabos’ is a beachside resort located just a short drive from San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos’ two main towns. The resort sits at the intersection of the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean, a major migratory site for whales and dolphins. In fact, it’s not unusual to see whales breaching in front of the resort from November to March. Club Regina Los Cabos’ gorgeous views and fantastic location makes it a great place to stay during your adventure in Baja California Sur. The resort’s orange adobe walls perfectly complement Los Cabos’ rugged desert terrain, and every room faces the sea, most offering fantastic views of the crystal clear waters of the Sea of Cortez. Each unit features flat-screen TVs and either jetted tubs or kitchenettes. Two on-site restaurants, a coffee shop & bar, and four swimming pools (two with their own bar) give guests plenty to enjoy during their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Club Regina Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Regina Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Regina Los Cabos
- Resort Regina Los Cabos
- Club Regina Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo