The Club Regina is located on a "non-swimmable beach" (not unusual in Cabo) hanging off the side of cliffs next door to the Westin Regina Hotel. Our two bedroom unit was just above the crashing waves with a wonderful view up the coast from the very private, nicely-sized balcony. Nice large bedrooms with king-sized beds with a living room and kitchenette/dining space in between them. A very large in-room spa tub went unused during our stay...
In addition to Club Regina's 3 pools and restaurant (Inizio) overlooking the beach and waves, there is easy access to the Westin facilities next door via a beach walk or golf carts that are easily summoned and free. Breakfast buffet changes daily and is excellent. What a treat to start the morning sitting on the Inizio terrace having breakfast with the waves pounding the beach below. And a dinner in the same place under the luna llena is not bad either. However, both the lunch menu and the location of the cafe are underwhelming. This is easily overcome by ordering lunch to be served poolside or wandering over to the Westin for lunch.
The reason it does not deserve a 5 star rating is the total lack of luxe in the decor and finishing touches. However, it has a certain very casual and nice beach style to it and the entire staff from room check-in to room service is efficient and very friendly. I enjoyed a very good, vigorous massage from Ana at on-site (not spa, but a room dedicated to massages).
All in all, an excellent experience and a good value to boot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Regina Los Cabos’ is a beachside resort located just a short drive from San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos’ two main towns. The resort sits at the intersection of the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean, a major migratory site for whales and dolphins. In fact, it’s not unusual to see whales breaching in front of the resort from November to March. Club Regina Los Cabos’ gorgeous views and fantastic location makes it a great place to stay during your adventure in Baja California Sur. The resort’s orange adobe walls perfectly complement Los Cabos’ rugged desert terrain, and every room faces the sea, most offering fantastic views of the crystal clear waters of the Sea of Cortez. Each unit features flat-screen TVs and either jetted tubs or kitchenettes. Two on-site restaurants, a coffee shop & bar, and four swimming pools (two with their own bar) give guests plenty to enjoy during their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Club Regina Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Regina Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Regina Los Cabos
- Resort Regina Los Cabos
- Club Regina Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo