“Great super clean new hotel ”

Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Sydney, Australia
“Great super clean new hotel ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Hyatt place after our stay in a resort in Cabo San Lucas so we were fine with the non-resort style of the hotel as we had gotten our resort fix already.
The hotel is brand new which I loved! Everything is brand spanking new!

The only minor issue is that when we checked in early the reception gave us room 525 and when we got up the room wasn't done up and clearly housekeeping hadn't made it to clean up after the previous guests had checked out. Reception quickly changed us to room 523 which was next door and all clean and sparkling so we weren't bothered by it at all.

I'll try break my review up into smaller sections:

Room: the room is very spacious and has a large bed and there's also a very large L-shaped couch which is so new it even smells new haha. The bed is so comfortable - nice and firm which I appreciate as I get back pains if the mattress is soft. There's also a big flat screen tv and a desk for those who wish to do any work. Good setup for business travellers I reckon.

Bathroom: again very spacious and clean! The towels are so new they're super fluffy and I love this. There's a large shower instead of the shower-in-a-bathtub which I really appreciate as this makes it much less messy and wet.

Location: it's a 2 min walk across the road to the beach although it isn't a swimmable beach according to hotel staff. We did see people swimming but I guess that's at their own risk. We actually saw a baby turtle whilst walking along the beach! The hotel is also a quick 10min drive to downtown.

Service: great impeccable service! As the hotel is brand new it is reasonable to expect a few kinks here and there but everyone is so lovely that it doesn't really matter!

Breakfast: hot buffet brekky is included free of charge so that's great, there was bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, refried beans, hot cakes, pastries, bread, fruit, cold meats and cheeses, yoghurt, coffee, juices, cereals, milk.

All in all we had a great stay at Hyatt place and would most definitely return!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DK020509
LosCabosHyattPlace, Director Comercial at Hyatt Place Los Cabos, responded to this review, April 4, 2015
We truly appreciate your comments.

We are happy to announce the upcoming reopening of Hyatt Place Los Cabos.

Please join us to celebrate.

Cordially,

Hyatt Place Los Cabos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have stayed here for the last ten days and I will be leaving tomorrow. I really enjoyed my stay. The rooms are spacious and clean. My room was cleaned every single day I stayed here. The hotel is not on the beach but it is a walking distance from the beach and within a walking distance to the mega, cabo dolphins. I enjoyed the free breakfast in the mornings and the staff is nice and accommodating. The price was more than reasonable, but I am guessing that may change once more people discover this gem, Overall, I enjoyed my stay. Please be warned, this is not a resort, but it worked for me on this vacation because I was gone almost everyday doing activities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank baza492
Thank you for your kind comments.

We are happy to announce the upcoming reopening of Hyatt Place Los Cabos.

Please join us to celebrate.

Cordially,

San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

One guy can make your stay here especially delightful. That guys name was jesus. The entire staff was accommodating and friendly. Everyone was smiling. We had a light meal on the balcony after a long day of travel. The fish tacos and shrimp guac were delicious. The facility is brand new....everything is clean. You are a short walk from the megga--which we will venture into tomorrow. The pool looks picturesque. Maybe this place is cabos best kept secret, not for long though. Business travelers are going to love this hotel. Internet is reliable too. Yay jesus, yay hyatt place. *****

Room Tip: Slight hwy noise - you could request a different exposure. I slept well though.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amie H
LosCabosHyattPlace, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Los Cabos, responded to this review, February 19, 2015
We truly appreciate your kind comments.

Please give us the opportunity of welcoming you back after our upcoming reopening.
Buenos Aires
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I am, not sure if this review fits Trip Advisor - this is a pre-stay/pre-opening review. This new hotel is a much needed addition to San Jose del Cabo, where I live six months of the year. We've needed a great non-resort hotel. Now we have one. I knew from the local paper the hotel was going to open tomorrow (December 10, 2013), so today I drove up and walked in. I explained what I was up to. One of the staff walked me around the first floor lobby. I like to use hotels where I live for meetings with coffee - but the resort hotels here are a pain to enter. I'll use the Hyatt's coffee shop. I was treated nicely and shown the rooms from the double queen or king room (from US$95 plus taxes) to the suite (US$215 with taxes). I will recommend this hotel to friends and family coming to visit. The location is in the middle of all my local places. If you want a first class (in the generic sense) hotel in San Jose, one block from the beach, but want to avoid those all-inclusive resorts, this hotel should be your choice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the hotel's east and south sides all have views of the beach and bay. The east side lo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank GuillermoWilly
Miroslava B, Director Comercial at Hyatt Place Los Cabos, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear GuillermoWilly,
Thank you so much for sharing your impressions of Hyatt Place San Jose del Cabo with us and other Tripadvisor travelers! We are very excited to open our doors in Los Cabos with the first Hyatt Place hotel in Mexico, along with bringing Hyatt’s authentic hospitality to this wonderful destination. We are pleased to know that you felt welcome and comfortable at our hotel and that you plan to visit us and recommend us to your friends in the future. Our hotel offers complimentary wi-fi and hot breakfast buffet, as well as many other convenient facilities for business and leisure. I look forward to giving you a warm welcome back in the near future.