TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
7,606 results
All reviews coco loco french restaurant adult pool coffee house la plaza bon vivant martini bar tacos sports bar international buffet club level all inclusive resort main pool los cabos swim up room beautiful resort sushi
Selected filters
Reviewed November 9, 2018

Upon checkout at the Ziva Los Cabos, I was informed that due to a system error I was overcharged an outrageous amount of nearly $2,600 USD! This was back on October 23rd. Over a week later I was credited most of the money but not the total amount I was owed. I have emailed Laura Avila, emailed Israel Cambray twice and have spoke to a representative at the front desk and I have not received any response. I am completely dissatisfied with this lack of customer service and will never return to this resort again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Road812316
FranciscoJaSilva, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2018

Dear Road812316,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos as host for your recent vacations and for taking the time to share your feedback, your comments are extremely valuable for us as they show us opportunity areas for improvement.

I want to apologize for the misunderstanding with the administrative process for the devolution, due some procedures the refund takes more than usual; I would like to highlight that helping you was always our priority, that is why we highly regret the communication was not the appropriate from our Front Desk Staff causing a tracking error. We are glad to inform that the total amount has been credited.

On behalf of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, we genuinely wish this unfortunate experience does not diminish your preference for Hyatt.

Reviewed November 8, 2018

My wife and I just got back from a week at the Hyatt Ziva. It was a very relaxing vacation, but we were a little underwhelmed overall.The hotel property and staff were nice. This was my first all inclusive. From other reviews I was expecting the food to be better. Everything we tried was mediocre. One thing that I didn't know ahead is that all the restaurants aren't open every night. Out of the 5 restaurants, 1-2 are closed each evening. IMO, that should not be the case. This really is a nice hotel and I'm sure will work for a lot of people, but for us I don't think all inclusive's are the best choice.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank bskiff
FranciscoJaSilva, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2018

Dear bskiff,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos as host for your recent vacations, and specially, thank you for taking the time to write with us a review, the feedback from our guests is a powerful resource for improvement.

We are proud to know the facilities and accommodations of our All-inclusive Resort are in excellent condition. On the other hand we are so sorry the food in our restaurants didn't exceed your expectations, please trust your comments will pass to the F&B Manager.

On behalf of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos family, we truly hope this doesn't diminish your preference for Hyatt Ziva and will be glad to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon to showcase improvements.

Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

I was more than impressed with this resort, the staff, restaurants and food, rooms were all great. Pool was nice and clean as well as being a great size, adult pool was like a paradise, only drawback was the undertow which prevented ocean swimming but the large pool made up for that overal a great place to stay

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Darrell B,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos as host for your recent vacations and for taking the time to share with us a five stars review about your experience at our Resort.

We are delighted to know you got a dream vacations at our All-inclusive Resort due the service and attentions from our staff members as well as the facilities and restaurants which exceeded your expectations. One of our main commitments is to assure all our guests enjoy a relaxing vacations at our resort.

On behalf of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos family, we genuinely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2018

This destination was fabulous! After talking to many of the other guests I quickly learned that this is a repeat destination location. I can totally understand why this place is a location folks come back to again and again. Here is a list of some of my favorite amenities/services.
- Pools: So many pool options. I personally love the infinity pool overlooking the Sea of Cortez. There is plenty of space/chairs and different types of "spots". On day one we were a little late to the "chair reserving" so we splurged for a shaded cabana in the water. It was great for a couple of reasons. 1) We didn't get burnt! My group of friends and I were celebrating vacation and were grateful for the shade because we likely didn't reapply sunscreen as often as we should have day one... but with the shade we didn't need to! The website likely lists all the pools that are available. We spent time at the infinity pool, the pool behind that, and the adult only pool.
- Food/Restaurants: So many options! I felt like I needed more time to get to all of them. The Asian Fusion (Dozo) was my priority. I had sushi one evening and then our group did the Hibachi another night. We made friends with our fellow Hibachi guests and it was that much more enjoyable! The Adult Only Pool has a great lunch menu. Their tacos were delicious. Coco Loco was the lunch/snack bar available poolside and it also had fantastic tacos and snacks. My favorite were the shrimp tacos.
- Beach: the view of the beach/ocean from the pool was unobstructed and amazing. That is where we spent most of our time... soaking up the sun and gazing out into the ocean. The beach was easily accessible, steps away from the pool. There were also beach activities: volleyball, soccer, cabanas, weddings, etc. There was a definite area that was considered "private" and only hotel guests could access and then as you got closer to the water there were locals selling souvenirs. I appreciated that they came to us, as I didn't leave the resort, but was able to get some souvenirs outside of the gift shops/airport. They were very friendly and easy to communicate with. One morning after watching the sunrise I went on a beach stroll. I was so lucky to have stumbled across baby sea turtles that had just hatched and were climbing out of the sand and navigating towards the water. That was an amazing site to see. A small crowd formed and protected the turtles.. as well as beach patrol and the resort. The Sea of Cortez water was still very warm (November 2018). I only got in about ankle deep. The undertow is very powerful and amazing to watch.
-Spa: As part of my vacation package I received a $75 USD spa credit. I was happy to use it. The facilities were very nice. Whirlpools, steam shower, dry sauna, all the works! I was very relaxed and wish I could have spent more time there, but I just had so much else I wanted to do. We had fantastic weather the entire trip so I wanted to spent all my time outside soaking in the rays. I can imagine spending a whole day at the spa if i was cloudy or rainy. There was definitely plenty to do there. I had access to the entire spa the whole day of my appointment.
- Views: Our package included premium services under "The Club". This meant our room was 5th floor, 6th floor, or 7th floor... the top floors. We also had a ocean view from our balcony. We were originally selected to be in the main building (A) and I voiced my preference of being in building C and they easily accommodated us. I was able to watch the sunrise from my balcony (and capture time lapse videos) with such ease. Our room faced the east in building C.
- Staff: The staff was so friendly, attentive, accommodating, and fun to spend the day with! We enjoyed all the staff. Some of the staff we interacted with throughout our stay included Alberto. He was our cocktail waiter poolside a couple of days. He made my first day so exciting by personalizing a birthday dessert and making sure I felt special, in addition to the fun of the cabana. Margarita was our hostess at La Plaza (breakfast buffet) and she was such a pleasant person each morning. Our other poolside waiters included Victor, Rodrigo, and Saul. Each were fun and great!
- Nightlife/Entertainment: This resort has it figured out! So many day time activities as well as a balance of night time activities. I enjoyed the fire pits and reflecting pools in the evening. I did not participate in the tequila tasting, but the area where that is hosted is very beautiful. The piano bar in the lobby had great entertainment late night. Sunday night karaoke was something I looked forward to. I ended up going to bed before it got busy (my body never adjusted to the time zone, so was always up early and in bed early).

I'm not a big fan of returning to the same destination, because there are so many places in the world I have yet to see, but I would definitely recommend this place to anyone desiring to relax view a great view. I may even return here again someday because I feel like there was still more to see and do (and eat).

4  Thank mjs545s

Dear Marley S,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos as host for your recent family vacations, we highly appreciate your preference for Hyatt Ziva properties and the time you have taken to share with us a five stars review.

We are delighted to know you had the best experience at our All-Inclusive Resort and mainly because of the genuine service from the heart provided by every staff member. Likewise, we are proud to know the quality and taste of the food in all our venues exceeded your expectations, we have a whole crew at every back kitchen working roughly and comments like yours, really motivate us to improve and be even better.

Allow me to thank you once again for your comments and on behalf of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos we wish you a Happy New Year and we genuinely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Hyatt Ziva Cabo is a well-designed and decorated resort in an incredible setting, right on the Sea of Cortez. We were there for a perfect sunny 82 degree week. Even more amazing, was the always helpful, caring staff, ready with a smile and a heartfelt greeting-from the security, bellmen and front desk staff, all through the various restaurants, poolside and even gardeners and cleaning and maintenance staff!
Eric took great care of us when we checked in, getting us set up in a great room with a view. Margarita, buffet manager, became a favorite face to see for breakfast and lunch, and sent us off with big hugs to enjoy our days in Paradise.
Having some dietary restrictions can make it hard to travel, but not here. I was amazed at the care I got, especially from Cesar, Head Ziva Sous Chef. He walked me through the buffet and explained what I could eat, always offered to remake anything I couldn’t eat, as it was, and also introduced me to several of other restaurant’s chefs. They in turn, took great care of me-especially Antonio, everyday for breakfast, in La Plaza, and the chef of Zaffiro-what an amazingly delicious seafood dinner!!
There were a few other servers and waiters that took me under their wings-like Kasim and Ernesto
in La Plaza. Thank you, all!
It was nice to have the option of the more active all age pools, and the more laid back adult only pool. Attendants had a nice way of connecting with you, especially if you spent much time at the adult only pool. We loved Genero’s ready smile as he checked in to see if we needed anything.
It was hard to leave. Looking forward to another visit, for sure.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
FranciscoS4753, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2018

Dear Lets_GO,

Thank you for choosing once again Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos for your recent vacations, we highly appreciate your preference and the time you have taken to share with us your five stars review.

We are delighted to know the accommodations in your swim up room exceeded your expectations in comfort and amenities; on the other hand we are truly proud to know the food quality and taste was consistently first class as well as the service you received from every staff member.

Allow me to thank you once again for your comments and on behalf of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos we genuinely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.