We have gone to the Mayan Riviera and Puerto Vallarta many times but this was our first time in Cabos san Lucas. This resort topped all of the other places we have stayed. Staff are very pleasant and attentive.
Our stay was for 7 days only but there was plenty to do so that we could truly stay put and relax which is exactly what we wanted. In fact we only left the resort once for a sunset sailboat excursion out of Cabos.
The pools are large and clean with plenty of seating both in and out of the sun, the music is subdued and peaceful other than the music used for water aerobics one hour per day which even then was not obtrusive. The chairs on the beach are roped off from the public beach so that you are not bothered by people peddling their wares. There are plenty of comfortable seating areas inside and out, also firepits that they lit at night which was a real treat.
The whole resort is well maintained and exceptionally clean. Even the washrooms off the pool area are modern and cleaned regularly, far better than any others we've seen.
The beach is beautiful and again very clean, we walked 7 or 8 kilometers every morning and always felt safe.
The food is incredible and there are a number of bars (including a Martini bar and a sports bar) to suit your mood. We played pool on occassion while watching the Stanley Cup playoffs (after all.....we are Canadian and Canadians LOVE their hockey!) and used the well-appointed gym many times which was never that busy resulting in a really good workout.
My only complaint (and this may indeed prevent us from going back) is that there are many wonderful restaurants besides the usual buffet however they are SO loud you cannot enjoy a romantic dinner or pleasant conversation with new aquantances at all. We tried the Japanese one evening and left half way through our meal as a result of the noise level. Tried Italian the next night and left before we even opened the menus for the same reason. Most of the noise in the restaurants was the result of families with small (screaming) children. For a resort that has an adults only section in the complex I would suggest that there be set hours of seating in these restaurants for families, and specific hours (possibly later) for adults/couples so that ALL can enjoy the wonderful cuisine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport. Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront. This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo