We travelled with our 2 young children (7, 5) Feb 15-22.
We had a great time and the resort is wonderful. Meals in both the a la carte and buffet were excellent, as was the service. There were a series of conference-type events towards the end of the week, when we noticed the resort getting busier, and service started getting a little strained then as in not enough staff at buffet.
We enjoyed both buffet and the a la cartes - of course buffets are easier with kids however we still managed to visit several of the a la cartes, expect the seafood one, Coral, as it was not open during our stay, perhaps our sole disappointment. At the Spanish restaurant, the hostess offered to bring over some items that our son liked from the buffet, great service!
Our kids loved the kids club, much better than other reports we have stayed at where I would not have trusted my kids alone with the staff. At one point my son called on the 2 way radio to let us know that he 'never wanted to leave, do not come get me!' he is 5! Carla and Marcela are terrific. My older daughter (7) loved it too. There were not a lot of kids but she made some friends for the week. It was nice for them to do some crafts and activities to change up the week a bit.
Pillows need some help, though, very huge and hard - tossed and turned a bit though both kids slept soundly the entire week. Not a deal breaker for us but if important, bring your own.
This is not a place for nightlife, which was fine with us; the martini bar, however, is excellent as are the numerous nighttime lounging areas on the property.
We took a city run bus to Cabo for the day where we rented a water taxi to go visit Lovers Beach, the Arch, etc, it was a fun day. As well, walked to San Jose del Cabo on the Thurs night to take in the art walk, lovely little town; take the bus back, super cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport. Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront. This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo