“" Amazing vacation" - Joanna W”

Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
St. Catharines, Canada
“" Amazing vacation" - Joanna W”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I travel so many times a year to the different hotels but Hyatt Ziva was a one of the best.
Thank you Hyatt and all employees for a wonderful service I have received. There was no any single complaint right from the first moment I have entered this property until the last second I sad Good Bye to all. I had a beautiful time for an entire my vacation- everything was just great: room service, food, people, beach, location, fantastic ocean view room, etc.!!!!!!!!! Especially, I would like to say "many thanks" to Mr. Hernan Vanegas - General Manager, Mr. Javier who was assisting me during a check in/out as well as to Ms. Claudia Rosas - Room Division Manager for their service in a very professional, excellent way. It was a pleasure to deal with them -they are awesome people.
Thanks a lot to you all. Would definitely go back again. I love it.

Room Tip: Full ocean view room on 6th floor with a beautiful balcony in the building no. 3.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that your stay with us was more than perfect.

Our staff is attentive to fulfill our gests requirements, always with the best service.Your comments help us to improve day by day.

We are looking forward to see you soon.

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (898)
  • Turkish first
Dallas, TX USA
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Looking for last minute choice for a long weekend getaway, my husband and I chose to spend two nights at the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos. From the moment we stepped out of the taxi, the staff was always courteous, friendly and willing to do whatever they could to ensure we had a great stay.

The resort is beautiful with meticulously maintained grounds and expansive sparkling pools that lead to the beach. Our room in building 3 was large, had a balcony, was perfectly clean and an amazing, comfortable space to spend our weekend. The bathroom had a separate wet shower area along with a jacuzzi tub that opens into the bedroom. The martini bar, open in the evenings, is on the veranda walk just outside our room. How perfect is that? :)

All the food was tasty and well-prepared, served with excellent service. We had dinner in the French and Japanese restaurants, ate our breakfasts and lunch in the buffet and had afternoon snacks at the poolside bar. The French restaurant served the best Nicoise Salad I've ever eaten followed by an excellent preparation of sea bass. The buffet had an enormous variety of well prepared, fresh and tasty food. The weather was nice so we always sat on the buffet patio and had excellent service from service staff that always remembered us. The pool bar offers beer and a tasty variety of tacos, cheerfully served by Ivan from La Paz.

One morning we walked 3km to San Jose town square. The city bus goes there as well. Its an unspoiled, non-commericalized little Mexican town. San Jose Cabo seems to be more laid-back and relaxed than Cabo San Lucas, about a thirty minute drive west. We enjoy vibrant nightlife and learned that San Lucas is where to find it. We considered taking transportation to there but decided not, because we were perfectly content at the resort.

We really enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to return. The only regret we have is we should have made it for three nights, rather than two.

Room Tip: We had a third floor room in building three and it was perfect for us.
1 Thank sdflyer
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words.

Our main goal is to create beautiful experiences and memorable moments, we are happy to know that enjoy all the facilities that were created to offer you the best comfort and make you feel like home.

Next time you visit us I am sure will be for more days.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed there last weekend after being bumped from a United Flight. Beautiful Hotel. Wonderful Facilities. Excellent Staff. Outstanding Food. But I've never had such a fright in my life.

We were assigned room 1406 above the main lobby. Great room - like all - but not much of a view. But it didn't matter we were just there one night. My kids (almost) 5 and 2 1/2 were playing on the balcony and we were just inside changing. Specifically these were the balconies with the plexiglass walls (most seem to have normal iron rails). On the opposite side of the balcony was about 30" wide cement ledge followed by a sloping tile roof with about a 2 1/2 story drop. As I was changing I heard my wife gasp and tell me look outside. The little guy had gone through a gap in the plexiglass (only about 5" wide it seems but they can go through sideways) and was standing on the other side facing in smiling at us. Fortunately I had my wits about me and just wordlessly skooted over grabbed him under the arms and yanked him back over. Fortunately his current habit of running away from laughing when I go at him did not kick in and we all took some deep breaths.

I went down and spoke to a staff member about it - he seemed Managerial - and he listened intently, took notes and offered to move us immediately. All good. We were just there that one day so we passed on the offer and just kept the kids indoors. I know they took this over from another corporation and there is likely a lot to look over and change for them but needless to say children going through balconies would be a potential disaster for everyone. And for all I know it could be just that this one balcony in 1406 has an unusually wide gap in the plexiglass. I dropped them a note on their direct feedback website as I didn't think it was fair to go to Trip Advisor immediately but never heard back.

But again, it's truly outstanding resort experience.

Room Tip: Keep your small kids out of 1406.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Laffrat
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you had a beautiful time during your stay with us.

Being attentive with all or guests is our priority, we always try to fulfill our guests requirements, we are sorry to learn that you had that inconvenient with your little one, our Front Desk Manager is aware of the situation and we will try not to assign these rooms to families.

We cannot wait to have the opportunity to host you again.

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My wife and I travelled (very last minute) to the Hyatt Ziva near the end of January and we absolutely loved it. Typically if we are travelling somewhere warm in the winter months you’ll find us in the ocean for the whole week – I think it’s a testament to the Ziva, that we didn’t mind not being able to go in due to strong currents and safety issues (well other than some initial disappointment). The food was fantastic wherever we went, especially the Japanese restaurant and the shrimp tacos at Coco Loco which quickly became a lunch time ritual. The spa had a great deal on and we got the best massages ever (ask for Claudia – she is a magician with her hands). The rooms were lovely and well equipped – not that we ended up spending much time in it. Throughout our stay the staff was great – from front desk, to servers, to entertainment. We were a little disappointed that the big pool wasn’t heated initially, but then had no issue spending the rest of the week in the swim up bar pool. All in all a great place to stay, and my wife and I would go back in a second.

Room Tip: If you're not getting an ocean front room - you can either look over the kids area, or the adult...
1 Thank Ben M
Dear Guest,

We would like to express our appreciation for your kind comments.

We enjoy creating unique moments with all our guest, from the first to the last moment during their stay, we are happy that you enjoyed our facilities as our Spa, Claudia and all our therapists are committed to offer the best experiences with their services.

We are looking forward to see you soon.

Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is beautiful, immaculate and staff could not be more attentive and pleasant. We had a beautiful ocean view room on the top ( seventh) floor of the third building. The beds were fantastic as were the temperature controls and housekeeping . We are "Hyatt people" but do not generally like all inclusive facilities but we were pleasantly surprised. Always an array of fresh fruit being cut in front of you and fresh cheeses and breads. Breakfast had standard food including eggs to order. Lunch always had a great fresh salad bar available and numerous choices of entrees including pizza and local dishes (we are relatively plain eaters and did not sample most of the foods but others seemed to enjoy them). Having other restaurants for dinner was a plus as buffets get old. The dinner buffets do change every night and we did do to the seafood buffet which was excellent. Fresh grilled lobster tails were delicious. The Japanese restaurant Lotus was great as was the French restaurant Bon Vivant (which surprised me because I do not usually like French food as it is rich with sauce but the sauces were mild and placed on the side and the portions were not overwhelming).
My only complaint was that we paid the extra price for premium alcohol but it was only available in a room on the fourth floor. I thought it would be available in all bars (which are numerous) and restaurants which it wasn't . Seems like they could have had several premium alcohols and wines at each venue. As such, the additional price was not worth it.
I don't know how full the hotel,was but there seemed to be several corporate groups. There was never any difficulty finding lounge chairs or seating at restaurants and it never felt crowded which was a definite plus.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank DRELS
Dear Guest,

We truly value your comments and your preference for Hyatt.

We are happy to know that you had a wonderful time with us. The Bon Vivant and Lotus restaurant are the most famous due to the excellent service and quality in their plates, our Food and Beverage Team is in continues improvement to exceed our guests expectations.

Nowadays the premium liquor is offer in all the Bars to provide a better service.
We hope to see you soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We traveled to this wonderful resort for a destination wedding. Traveling with a toddler, we were pleased to find out that the resort was only twenty minutes away from the airport. Upon our arrival, the resort itself looked beautiful. We were greeted by friendly hotel staff. After signing in, we were a little disappointed that there wasn't any staff member that was able to guide us to our rooms with our luggage. Aside from that, we found our room which was located in building 1 (ocean view room). The room was fully equipped with everything you would need and it was spacious and clean. The fridge was fully stocked as well :). The pools were great! We mostly spent our days at the smaller of the two pools, which had the swim up bar (Marco Villanueva - the BEST bartender around) and it was heated. The larger pool was freezing so we opted not to spend any time there. The fire pits at night were amazing. I was disappointed that the cabanas on the beach were not included. The food was awesome, especially the Japanese restaurant. The entertainment was lacking. A disco would have been great to have at nights as another option. Overall, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Linda B
HyattZivaCabos, Manager at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you so much for you time, we appreciate all your comments and promise to be even better next time. I am sorry that no staff member was able to guide you to your rooms with your luggage, Marco our Guest service Manager usually does not let this occur. Our Japanese restaurant is one of our most preferred restaurants among our guests and the Tatami section one of the most asked one. We are working on night entertainment besides our nightly shows for all our guests.

Best Regards,

The Management
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We had to stay here for one night due to our flight delay. The hotel staff were friendly and went out of their way to please you. The room was amazing and the beds were very comfortable. In all the hotels I have stayed at in Mexico, this was by far the best one I have stayed at. The buffet for dinner and breakfast was outstanding. Would definitely go back again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 1ND
We are sorry your flight where cancelled but we are happy that this gives us the opportunity to know you and serve you. Your comment makes all our team proud because we achieved in few hours to obtain your trust and your confidence to come back again. Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

ME Cabo
#14 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos? Share your experiences!