“another great new find for lunch in San Jose del Cabo”
Review of Lolita Cafe

Lolita Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We have been to San Jose del Cabo 3 times and this is another great new find. Open only for breakfast and lunch but very easy to find just off of the downtown plaza. We always search for restaurants that offer both ambiance and good food. Lolita certainly meets our expectations. The sandwiches served on fresh home made bread are wonderful and the courtyard is a superb place to enjoy a leisurely lunch. We almost had the place to ourselves the day we were there (130pm) and the service couldnt have been better. The pulled pork sandwich I had was great and my wifes Loreto sandwich was outstanding. Now that Lolita has a liquor license, a margarita was an easy choice to add to our excellent meal.

1  Thank Dave B

Reviewed April 16, 2014

While on a last-gasp trip to San Jose del Cabos before returning to the Cabo airport to depart, we found this place next to the glass-blowing ' factory' on a side street. Peeking in from the hot street I spied a beautiful treed courtyard. There was inside seating but the courtyard beckoned. A group of local ladies appeared to be having their weekly meet-up, a couple of other tables were taken, and we had the best meal of our trip. Fresh juices, terrific lattes, to-die-for guacamole, sandwiches on great bread - we did not want to leave. Staff was so friendly, the music eclectic and such a quiet restful casual place. We will return! Might stay in San Jose next time so we can visit here more often!

1  Thank Farmerinthedell3
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The wonderful owners of this Cafe....have out done themselves again. This was the best coffee in town...when they were closed on Mondays....we didn't know where else to go. The breakfasts are delicious, lots of food...everything is homemade from the freshly ground coffee to the homemade breads, buns, jams and jellies.....egg dishes to die for . I recommend this Cafe to everyone ....you won't be sorry....outdoor lovely treed patio...with a breeze...dog friendly....our poodle loves Paola and Paco....this couple works so hard to please you personally.....we will miss this best ever restaurant..but will be back here again in the fall. Miss you two already......try it you will love it.

2  Thank Will F
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is my number one restaurant in San Jose. Beautiful coffee bar and dining inside, keep walking and you see a spacious courtyard with tables sheltered by huge mango trees. The music is amazing and everything is very tasteful, the staff are super friendly and it is a great place to relax, eat great food and enjoy the experience They serve breakfast, lunch and wonderful pastries. I order a latte and cinnamon roll or conchita while I decide what to order, which takes a while since there is a lot to choose from and everything I see coming out of the kitchen I want!! So far everything has been delicious! I love their bacon; the chorizo burrito french toast, pork sandwich, Loreto sandwich and soup are outstanding. They have their liquor license now and the Margarita was perfect with guacamole and hand made chips. Their fresh juices were very refreshing and their churros were the best I've had with a yummy dip. The latte was just right and the cinnamon rolls deserve to be mentioned at least twice. There's nothing else like it, we even have sandwiches and brownies wrapped up to take with us on the plane.

3  Thank kimback
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We loved Lolita when it was in Loreto. Loreto's loss in San Jose's good luck however. The beautiful garden is cool and shady. My partner had coffee and I had something I had been wanting and craving - a really good cup of strong black tea. The food is wonderful -fresh and tasty innovative baking and dishes by the lovely young chef Pauola. Front of the house is managed by her charming husband Paco. Food is full of flavor and beautifully presented. We found prices very reasonable. At least half the tables were filled with Mexican people - local and tourist, a good sign. Don't expect basic Mexican food - you will be offered interesting modern and lighter twists on classic Mexican cuisine. The delicious bread is fresh baked daily. Lots of vegetarian choices. And the final great thing? (He patio is dog friendly.

1  Thank ZLI