“Perfect for our group of 8 adults”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Location Map
Beach Access
Workout room on site at no extra cost
Workout room on site at no extra cost
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
mmdawley
Montgomery, Texas
“Perfect for our group of 8 adults”
Reviewed February 10, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

This home is very beautiful and well-appointed. We spent most of our time outside by the beautiful pool/hot tub/fire pit. The home was perfect for 8 couples. There is plenty of space to congregate, yet plenty of privacy when you wanted it. The staff, Susana and Maria, were excellent to work with!! They took care of everything we needed. I would say the beach is more than "just steps", as it takes you a few minutes to walk to the beach. There really wasn't anything to do at the beach, as it's not a swimming beach. We enjoyed the ocean "view" from the house and saw dolphins and even several whales one morning. We walked to Buzzards several times to eat, and we were VERY PLEASED with the food and service. We also visited Flora Farms one evening, and it was EXCELLENT!! If I were to have one complaint, it would be that the kitchen needs some TLC. It has gorgeous Viking appliances that all worked well, but the stainless and other surfaces could use a good deep cleaning. I did bring this to the property management's attention and I'm sure they will get it taken care of. We will visit again!

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Feb 13, 2018
Dear Dawn, Thank you very much for your comments, as they help us improve. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to have you here again! El Encanto Villas Team.
swimom13
Penngrove, California
“Knocked my socks off!”
Reviewed June 2, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I rented #30 Casa Royal Azul home in El Encanto Villas in San Jose del Cabo which is about 25 minutes from the airport, past Flora Farms. I traveled with my husband and son (28) and we were there for 6 glorious days. It is truly an amazing place, the entire development is beautifully maintained. It sits at the end of a court, 3rd row back from the beach with a nice blue water view. The house has 3 large, very nicely decorated bedrooms, all with on suite bathrooms, a movie theater and a huge living room. There is also a separate casita with one bedroom & bath.

The house comes with all amenities - blow dryers, shampoo/conditioner (unclear if they replenish), linens, etc. It also includes wifi, which extends to the backyard, Dish Network & Apple TV. There is a wonderful concierge service (thank you Alilat!) who helps with all your requests from housekeeping, chef services, excursions, also including restaurant reservations & taxi service. Housekeeping costs $15/hour and we had them come by once during our stay to change sheets and tidy up.

I did not cook the entire time we were there, I hired a local chef who cooked us wonderful, sometimes too rich but delicious food. I found that doing all 3 meals was just too much food, so after day one, we scaled back to breakfast & dinner. It can get a bit pricey though, in addition to his fee & groceries, he also charged us for his gasoline (which I was not expecting). I would definitely hire a chef again, but will be mentally prepared for the super expensive grocery bill plus the additional 20% fee which apparently does not include his gas(!). He provided us with all receipts and gets paid in cash.

The backyard in this house is truly awesome, the mosquitos are in heaven (MUST use bug spray)! It feels very private, beautifully landscaped with a gorgeous infinity pool and palapa with a swim up bar, lounging beds, hot tub, and firepit. There is Sonos music speakers throughout the home & backyard which is very nice. One big negative for us was the construction building 2 homes going on in the 2nd row of homes nearly directly in front of us. I was unaware of this until Monday when they began working. We easily heard all the noise, which got pretty loud on our last day. Needless to say, the outdoor music was played louder than I would have liked to drown out the sound and we all ignored it as best as possible. I need to say though, that this did not ruin my trip, I just would have like to have been forewarned.

The beach at this community is empty and beautiful. It is about a 3 block walk and so private. Buzzards Restaurant is just before the guarded gate entry and is fantastic. Definitely worth walking there and having local delicious food, meet the owner & staff who are all so friendly - they even do takeout!

We had such a wonderful time at this amazing home and will definitely be returning. Up until now, we have stayed at the One & Only Palmilla, but this place knocked my socks off! We felt totally comfortable and were quite happy going nowhere and seeing basically no one, although we did go to San Jose for dinner twice ($30 taxi each way). Next time, we will stay in - no need to leave! It was definitely more than I expected, what a fabulous time!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the backyard
Liked least: the construction noise
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jun 3, 2016
Thank you so much for all your comments! We appreciate all the feedback that you can give to us to be better each day. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at El Encanto, and we will be honored to have you here again. Hasta luego!
Saint Louis
Reviewed March 30, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
May 21, 2014
Thanks! We are very happy you had a great time, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing