“A must go!”
other travelers have booked this property
Front of the house
Patio out side bedrooms Dinning area
Check Availability
Doubles bedroom
Kitchen
Stair way up and down
Back of the home
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ShaylaRKW
Winnipeg, Canada
“A must go!”
Reviewed February 2, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Had a great week in San Jose this past week. The weather was a little cool and rainy our 1st couple days but the rain was so light it didn’t stop us from doing anything. The house is on a great street with some amazing houses. There were cars from BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan all down the street, so we felt right at home. We did many nice runs down and around the block, along the ocean and into downtown. It is about a 15 min. fast walk to the beach, downtown or MEGA, but it is very hilly so it wouldn’t be very fast if you have mobility issues or are walking with small children (like we were). Thankfully Chris rented us his vehicle that allowed us way more mobility then we would have otherwise had. We drove to Cabo San Lucas one day and did a boat tour to Land’s end, Lover’s beach, Divorce beach and the sea lions. It only cost $30 for the 4 of us, which I thought was very reasonable for the 45min. tour. On the warm days we drove to Chileno beach and Playa Palmilla. The water was swimmable here and the sand and the view were great. The beaches and San Jose for that matter were very laid back and quiet. No one tries to sell you things on the beach, which is very nice and even downtown you really didn’t get harassed much. Cabo San Lucas is way busier and more people harass you to buy things. We asked and San Jose is a little more quiet then normal right now since not all the hotels have reopened after the hurricane. You will see a lot of construction and the palm trees look damaged. Abraham the house manager is great! It is so nice to have someone to call if you need anything, if there are any issues with the house or just to ask what beach to go too. Thanks so much Chris! You have a great house that is very well equipped, we look forward to returning some day.

Traveling group: Young Children
Kim D
Calgary, Canada
“Relaxing family Vacation”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

When travelling to Mexico we have always booked all inclusive so we were a bit nervous at first to book. We had such an amazing vacation and would go back to this home in a heart beat. The only upset we had was when we first arrived the guests before us were still there and had left the place in shambles! It took the maid 7 hours to clean so we had to find somewhere to be during this time. I wasn't happy after a long flight you want to relax. The bonus was Chris rented us his vehicle so we were able to explore the area. Note to owner, always make sure guests are spread further apart it, took awhile to see past their disaster. Very minor and we quickly settled into our vacation. The house was amazing and spacious. The kitchen was set up with professional appliances so we had fun cooking many local dishes. We loved the local fisherman that came to the door with the catch of the day - mouth watering. The pool in the back yard was great for the kid's to cool off in at the end of the day. It was nice to be able to sit and enjoy your coffee poolside instead of running to the beach. This home is on one of the best street's in San Jose! I ran every morning with no worry or stress about where I was. It was also easy to get to downtown where they have an amazing art market and festival on Thursday's. Very casual relaxed shopping and dining everywhere in San Jose. The home backs on to a beautiful golf course which we had to try. My son had fun driving the golf cart around. I def. recommend renting the car as we found we drove everywhere. The beaches along the hotel strip are not safe to swim in with the kid's. We found an amazing beach 5 minutes down the highway at the Palmilla Resort. It was quiet, the water was calm, and the view was beautiful. We spent more than half our trip at this beach! An overall wonderful vacation and would recommend this home to anyone. The owner was kind and helpful.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and private pool
Liked least: BBQ didn't work
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Kirsten T
Broomfield, Colorado
“Property Owner Lurking”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

The listing is as accurate as can be, the house is exactly as described. The property was clean and we found many great attractions nearby (shopping, a winery, and downtown San Jose is walking distance, and there are beautiful beaches minutes away by car).

So why the extremely low rating?
1) I had to track down the owner through 3 separate phone calls just to get the address.
2) Upon arrival he let us know he would be STAYING in the maids quarters! (which is essentially attached to the house). Since the bedrooms are on the ground level, every morning we were woken up by him watering the grass OUTSIDE OUR WINDOW! Every time we left the house and came back he was right out front. His car was in the driveway our entire stay, it felt nothing like a rental and more like we were intruding. He even let us know one day after returning from the beach that he had been INSIDE to "fix the internet" (which had no prior problems). I would not have chosen this property if I knew the owner would be on the premises.
3) Also, the pool was not clean or full at first, but he had that cleaned and filled on the first day (although the water was too cold to swim since he kept adding water during our stay).

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS LISTING FOR ANYONE WHO LIKES PRIVACY: DON'T TAKE A CHANCE, STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Feb 19, 2014
My listing is based on honesty with my clients,this is the first time that I have been at my home while it has been used.i stay in my maids quarter which is separated from the house,I was only staying there for three days for I was ask by some friends to look after their home for they had workers there,but I still would stop by daily to water the garden and make sure the pool was cleaned early in the morning so not to have any interference with the clients.The house was rented out to one couple,they came from the airport with another couple that stayed in the house,all the beds in the home were used for they had to be redone,there was at least seven or eight laundry cleaning including sheets and every towel in the house,there are a lot of those.The pool is not heated and I fact the water added by tap is warmer water.Due to this situation I felt that I would try and make myself more present so to restrict any other problem entering my home and at the same time allowing the privacy.I will inform you that I will not rent to them again and will not recommend them
Demonsden
Chicago, Illinois
“Location, Location, Location..and Weather”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

While I am a senior reviewer on trip advisor, this was the first time that we rented a house so we were not sure what to expect. All I can tell you is that we will always look for a rental before a resort first, at least while visiting San Jose del Cabo. They always say Location, Location, Location and you don't get any better than with this house. The house is ideally located in the "Beverly Hills" area of San Jose and is literally minutes from the local grocery store (Mega), Walmart, Starbucks, the center of town and the public beach. The owner Chris arranged for the use of bikes while we were there that extended our exploration range to include the Puerto area. We wanted to get a feel for how it felt to live like locals, for the two weeks we were here, to see if San Jose is the place we wanted to retire to part of the year. Our experience with the house, the people, the area, the weather just confirmed that we are on the right track!

After reading the previous review I was a little worried and contacted Chris with my concerns. He told me that the house had just been opened up for the season and he was sorry that he had not come down himself prior to their visit. He assured me that everything would be in order for our visit. We found water in the pool. We found the house stocked with everything you could need. The house is large enough to accommodate three couples comfortably and laid out that each would retain a good amount of privacy. The house has a phone, cable television, internet if you choose to use them. It also has a beautiful view, across the golf course to the ocean and I preferred to watch that or walk to the beach.

The house is so close to town that we would find ourselves on impromptu "Cantina Crawls" several nights. This is where we discovered some of the hidden gems of the many restaurants, cantinas and personalities in the area (see my other reviews). We had some wonderful meals, great margaritas and made some good friends just steps from our front door. We are looking forward to booking this house again next year and one day meeting our future neighbor, Chris, in person.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Leaving
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Norhter california
Reviewed December 7, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Management Response
Dec 7, 2013
Hi,will send a new more thought out response,thanks Chris
Denver
Reviewed April 16, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing