“Good Value Good Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Penticton, Canada
“Good Value Good Food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I tried this restaurant on my last day visiting in San Jose. It was very good. Service was a little slow initially in regards to being given a menu and offered a beverage, but otherwise, it was fine. The restaurant itself is open air, with a room on top. You can see your food being prepared. I enjoyed watching one of the cooks juicing the limes--he had a tool I'll be looking for the next time I'm in a kitchen shop!! I couldn't believe how many limes he juiced in a short period of time.

Our scallop and shrimp taco's were both delicious. There were lots of choices in the central salad bar. I would be braver in my selections if I had the chance to go back a second time to this establishment. This food was really tasty.

• Visited February 2013

“Excellent”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Best tacos in town,great staff and service. Very clean. Have been many times. My Buėno. Mucho gracias to all the staff:-)

San Francisco, California
“Yummy Yummy, Slurp!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed 3 days in San Jose del Cabo and ate here twice. Love the food here especially the Marlin Toritos. My husband had other food too like enchiladas, tacos and I took a bite. They were good.

If you order one toritos, you get one in a big plate. Some tourists were puzzle "is that all?" Well, actually, there is a salad bar in the center where you can add vegetables, salsa, beans, whatever they have for the day.

My husband and I had quite a decent meal, with beer, drinks and desert and we paid like $15 USD. Really value for money. This place is packed during lunch. You can park your car along the road. Open air restaurant, clean toilet.

Some of the waiters and waitresses don't speak much English so it's hard to ask for recommendation of what food is good. Well, everything is good so it doesn't matter.

If you have extra room in your stomach, try their flans. Truly home made style.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank codebeans
Roanoke Landing, New york
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comida Mexicana y cervezas frios”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place is a little jewel. By all means it's like a fast-food joint or a luncheonette. The fare is simple, straight up and completely Mexican. But don't let that fool you. The food is stupendous. Smoked marlin tacos, huitlacoche, aguas chiles, ceviche, freshly shucked then fried oysters in tacos...everything is made to order. And there's a "fixin's bar" with slaw, salsas and fried onion rings. Let me tell you something...when you see that the seats are packed with locals, you KNOW the place is a ringer. Busy, quick, and satisfying.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Casa_Zedzo
Spruce Grove, Canada
“Best Local Eatery”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

we were referred here by a local who recommended that we try the fish tacos...so we did, and they were amazing! the menu is large and cheap! Sure to please the taste buds and the wallet. A real authentic restaurant that attracts lots of locals and tourists alike.

Visited January 2013