“Lucy (I love??) Rolls ~ our favourite!!”
Review of Spicy tuna

Spicy tuna
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was our first time in SJ, and we stayed just down the street from the Spicy Tuna (Grand Mayan) and we ate here twice in two weeks!! There are so many restaurants to try, but this sushi place was awesome!! No liquor license yet, but they allowed us to bring in a bottle of wine and they poured it for us, no corkage fee either!! We sat on the street side tables one night, the other time upstairs with the open air window to the street. GREAT little place to eat, and FABULOUS sushi!! Lucy rolls and the tempura rolls were probably the two favourites from our foursome...

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is probably the best sushi I've had. We recommend the Cilantro Tuna Sashimi and seafood salad, and the Black and White Tuna Sashimi. The seafood is fresh and high quality. The tuna literally melts in your mouth. The fusion of flavours is amazing. I can't wait to come back next year.

1  Thank Josie D
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We are SO happy that Plaza del Pescadores has opened and added this terrific sushi/sashimi bar. Clean, bright and looking very European Spicy Tuna is a terrific place to stop and grab a bit of lunch of dinner. The fish is insanely fresh. The outdoor seating area has a lovely vantage point for people watching. The service is excellent.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This little sushi restaurant has a lot to offer a visitor to San Jose. After staying here for 3 months this restaurant was the cleanest I have been in, including some high end local restaurants. Yes it is going to cost a fair bit but it is located on hotel row so you expect that. I expected real crab in my rolls but was disappointed, most sushi restaurants let you know it is fake crab.

1  Thank vekel
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family and I had dinner at Spicy Tuna, while on Christmas Holiday 2012. The food was wonderful and fresh, the service was top notch and the resturant was very clean.

We went back to our hotel and told anyone who would listen about this place. And I recommend you try it too!!