“well worth the money.”

Cheyenne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“well worth the money.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Fished 2 days on the 32' California cruiser, both the Captain and the mate did a great job. The cruiser was in good shape and maintained well for a boat that gets daily use. Captain and mate had the fishing lined out and we were on fish early and able to get plenty of fish. 2 billfish some dorado and lots of yellow fin.
I'd fish with them again and will.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank LarryJ2

San Diego, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great day of fishing”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My son and I chartered a cruiser from Gordo banks pangas and caught 10 yellow fin tuna and 4 Dorado.The crew was great and very experienced and got us on the fish.I will be fishing with them next yr when we go back for sure

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kenny D
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Disappointing Experience”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Let me start with a little background. I have been deep sea fishing in Baja for 20 years, and a majority of the time off of panga boats out of La Paz and San Jose del Cabo. I prefer the panga boats to the bigger cruisers because for me they provide a more intimate and interactive experience. They are also a good value and you don't have to deal with diesel fumes, which sometimes make people get sick.

I had a very disappointing experience fishing with Gordo Banks pangas. First, the owner Eric, is rude and in his own world. He doesn't do a whole lot, except meet you at the dock, collect your money at his truck (by the way his website says he takes credit but if you ask to pay that way he pitches a fit), and with me at least all he had to say was to complain about dwindling business, other fishermen that were late that he was unhappy with, etc. This is not the professional, engaging positive attitude one would expect. He is just difficult to talk to and has a bad attitude, not sure why. Second, the captain he set me up with was a decent captain, and we caught a few small dorado. However, at about 10:30 am, we left the fishing grounds near the Gordo Banks sea mount where most of the other boats were, and motored back a few miles directly out front of the marina, where we proceeded to troll in circles for 3 hours. Felt like I was being taken for just a boat ride for the last half of the charter in order to conserve fuel. Third, whereas in the past with many panga charters, your captain filets the fish you catch, at Gordo Banks separate people at the dock do this. This means that you are expected not only to tip your captain, but also the people designated to filet the fish. Panga fishing is all about the value, so I find this practice to be somewhat of a racket. Fourth, after having my fish fileted, I went over to talk to Eric again and see if be had some change for a $20 so I could tip the guys who fileted my fish. He was rude again and said he did not, seemed put out by my question and seemed disinterested to talk to me and deal with me. Again in his own world, preferring to talk with the locals at the dock. Then I asked for some ice for my cooler to keep the filets cold. Generally panga operations have this, take care of these expected details to provide the value I mentioned. Again Eric was put out by my question and did not seem interested in talking to me. No ice. He told me to go to the store and buy it if I wanted ice.

Overall, I think Eric (while responsive enough when you books the charter), is difficult, unprofessional, rude and disorganized after that. Does not provide the attitude, experience or value that I have grown accustomed to with other fishing charters. While the fishing is great in San Jose del Cabo, it is safe to say I will never fish with Eric's operation again and I wouldn't recommend that anyone else do so unless Eric changes some things and brings a better attitude to the table.

Visited August 2013
16 Thank cj_227
Atlanta, Georgia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Fishing...AGAIN!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been fishing with Eric's "crews" (Tony, Jesus, Chame) for nearly 20 years and they never disappoint!! On this trip we charted a 30' cruiser for myself and 2 buddies on Sunday and then my wife and I on Mon-Wed on the Super Panga with Tony.

Sunday was a late start as Tropical storm Ivo played havoc with the area and closed the port, but we fished and had a pretty good day with Dorado & Tuna; had a stripey and sail up too.

Monday my wife and I caught Dorado, Tuna & Wahoo; her first Dorado & Tuna and my first Los Cabos Wahoo (after multiple trips to catch them)

Tuesday was slow with only a couple of Dorado...The fleet was slow and we covered a lot of water looking...

Wednesday was a great day with two big bull's and a couple smaller ones; and my wife caught the bigger of the two bulls!

Will fish again with Eric and specifically Tony! Thanks for being consistent over the years!!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mike P
Houston, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“As advertised..”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a great experience with gordo banks pangas. We met up with Eric B. around 6:15, we paid, and maybe 30 min later we were on our panga. There was only me and my girlfriend, and we had chartered a 26ft. There was actually plenty of room, so I would think if your party is three, it would still be comfortable. Anyway, back to the fishing, we hooked into 7 roosters (well likely) and landed 5. The Captain was professional, and knew just the right amount of hands on/off that was required from his part. He put us on the fish,ago I couldn't complain....other then I would have liked to catch more.... next time, I may go further offshore. Just an FYI, finding the panga launch in pitch blackness, does take some skill. Fortunately I got lucky, but you may want to visit the launch first, before showing up the morning of....

Visited July 2013