“Great place for a layover”

Hotel Aeropuerto Los Cabos
Ranked #31 of 42 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised at how nice this place was. It was fairly obvious that the staff have pride in the hotel and care for the guests.

The food in the restaurant was great and shuttle care free and easy.

Would definitely stay again for a layover or early flight!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ivonne G, Gerente at Hotel Aeropuerto Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

All words help but good words help more.

Thank you for taking the time to write a good comment about our hotel. Even though we are not close to the beach we can be attractive for those who are willing to come to visit Los Cabos.

Our main goal is to get each guest´satisfaction.

Hoping to see and serve you soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

An error on the Best Western website caused me to accidentally book the wrong night at this hotel, and I didn't realize it until I tried to check in the night before my flight back home. Hotel management said too bad. I had no choice but to pay for another night's stay. Since my stay, both the hotel management and Best Western Customer Care have been unresponsive and evasive toward my attempts to resolve their unacceptable manner of dealing with their own mistake. Hotel management says they won't issue a refund because they held the room for us yet won't disclose whether the hotel was at capacity on the night of the erroneous reservation. To make matters worse, the hotel restaurant was a JOKE. Worst food I had in Cabo and an unfortunate meal to conclude an overall great trip. Despite the server's indication to the contrary, the sea bass definitely had been frozen. It was also the worst smelling and worst tasting fish I have ever been served.

1  Thank tshab
Ivonne G, Gerente at Hotel Aeropuerto Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Good day,

Your satisfaction is very important for us, I will find out about your inconvenience.

Our cancel policy is 24 hours before your arrival date, it will be an honor to receive and serve you any time.

Regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2014

While the outside of the building really isn't very eye appealing ,the interior and the friendly and helpful staff, clean spacious rooms more than make up for it !!! The pool area is very nice with lots of lounging / seating, beautiful plants. The gym is very nice with lots of equipment. Not sure what the food is like as we didn't eat there. Shuttle on time, great service overall !!! Very convenient for early morning or late night flights, we will definitely stay here again !!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank SunFun549

I would like to tell you how much we appreciate you for taking the time to write such a great comment regarding your recent stay at our property.

Our daily effort is to provide a superior experience for you and all guest.

Hopefully next time you can enjoy Hangar Restaurant and have a delicious meal.

Have a great life!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

You can't miss it! Perhaps the ugliest hotel I have seen, looking more like a prison than a hotel. However it is modern clean and comfortable inside and is very handy for the airport. You could walk to it at a push--and you might choose to do so if the free shuttle is not there, as it wasn't when we arrived. Had to phone the hotel twice to get it to appear.
There is a good restaurant and the food was OK. WiFi was free but internet access was useless. I could not access any websites, though I did manage to download emails.
If you have a late arrival or an early departure then it would be a convenient place to stay,

1  Thank Phil T
Ivonne G, Gerente at Hotel Aeropuerto Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Good day,

I would like to tell you how much we appreciate you for taking the time to write this comment that will help get others attention to show how attractive and convenient we are because our location, service and facilities.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

We appreciate your preference.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights last week. Located just across from the airport, this brandnew hotel is built sound-proof. In our room we didn't hear a single plane passing. There's a free shuttle to the airport, though terminal 2 is just 5 minutes on foot. (10 min for terminal 1)
Affordable hotel, but located pretty far from the city center. Don't take the toll-road, the normal highway is just fine. Takes about 15-20 min to get to the center, add another 5-10 to get to the beach. If you want to go to Cabo San Lucas, you have to go through San Jose center, so that takes about 45 min from the hotel.

The restaurant served the WORST food i had in mexico during a month! I ordered pasta alfredo, with shrimp. The shrimp were definately bad, they had strange dark spots on them and tasted really funky. I tried to eat it, since i'm not a difficult person, but after a few bites i was sure the seafood was just gone bad! When i mentioned this politely to the waiter, he was very unfriendly and even a bit arrogant. He asked if I wished to order anything else to eat, I confirmed and asked for the menu. After at least 10 minutes he was finally back. In the meantime, my husband had finished his meal, so I didn't order anything else. This was pretty akward, if they serve you bad food, at least they can apologise and take my companions food away and keep it warm so we can eat together...

1  Thank Sterrenvis
Ivonne G, Gerente at Hotel Aeropuerto Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Good day,

I appreciate very much the time you took to place your comment, I value your honesty and your words are giving us the chance to improve our service for next time you visit Los Cabos.

Your satisfaction is our main goal and we will always look forward it.

Regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Knowing that I would be arriving in the early evening, I decided to stay near the airport rather than drive to Cabo after dark. I picked up my rental car and parked it in the hotel lot overnight. I had a nice room and a very pleasant and comfortable dinner in their restaurant, the Tortilla soup was great. They also have a nice little bar in the front where you can relax and enjoy a cool one. The hotel staff were quite friendly and efficient, adding to the pleasure of the overall stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Ivonne G, Gerente at Hotel Aeropuerto Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

A great way to describe us! Thanks a lot!

We are always recommending to drive to Los Cabos area during day light so you can enjoy the beauty of La Baja, so it is very convenience to stay with us before or after your trip to Los Cabos area (Barriles, Todos Santos, Loreto, La Paz, East Cape, Cabo San Lucas, El Triunfo, La Ventana, etc) besides you can arrange your rental car and live the privacy of Los Cabos with us any time.

Our location give us the oppportunity to offer you free shuttle from and to the airport (#SJD) 24/7.

Your satisfaction is our daily goal.....Let us take care of you.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Got to the airport Sunday, ending our two week stay in Cabo, only to find out that Frontier had moved us to the next day. They weren't moving and we had no place to stay. Look around; there are not a lot of choices without going back to San Jose del Cabo. Best Western is a short distance away and has a shuttle.
We were frustrated when we left the airport counter and little had changed when we arrived at the hotel counter. But the bellman's greeting and smile were nice and a room could be had for $103 per night (later checking found that was reasonable but not great; $94 was typical). But we had a room for the night and an easy return to the airport. Wi-fi was included, which beat the resort where we stayed in Cabo. Business center with computers available, too.
Very clean rooms, very nice staff, small but nice and clean pool and work out area. Restaurant reasonably priced and staff pleasant. But was taken aback by the note that tap water was not potable. So watch that. Good night's sleep; quiet; beds good. No airport noise but I don't think there is late or early traffic at SJD.
All in all, this would fit my definition of an oasis, a pleasant surrounding. It's not the beach but it is a good place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ivonne G, Gerente at Hotel Aeropuerto Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Great Comment,

What a great way to describe us! Thank you very much.....an Oasis...Wow!

Even we can not offer the beach or the ocean, we are willing to make you feel like if you were in paradise away from the city hustle offering you the exclusivity of Los Cabos and the serenity of the area.

Hope to serve you and your friends very soon.