“Bravo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Marea - CLOSED

La Marea
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Ocean View / Terrace / Sports TV / Casual Ambiance / WiFi / Friendly Feeling/Acustic Rock every Friday
Mexico City, Mexico
“Bravo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We visited La Marea with no expectations at all. I guess that's the best part cause everything was just fine. Food great. (Specially those nachos!) the fish is fresh and the service is great. Prices are very reasonable too. The only thing that we didn't like its the idea of having sand all over the table because of the windy their located. Not their fault but i needed to say it.

• Visited May 2013

Minnesota
“Great Octopus, Shrimp and Ceviche Dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife, daughter and I ate at a number of higher-end restaurants in San Jose del Cabo, but the only restaurant we dined at twice was the moderately priced La Marea. The octopus, shrimp, and ceviche dishes were excellent -- fresh, flavorful, nice portions. The staff was very friendly. Looking forward to returning to La Marea during Spring Break 2014!

• Visited April 2013
New York
“Best octopus (pulpo) I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had a terrific meal at La Marea. Shrimp and mango ceviche to start. I had pulpo al aljillo and it was delicious. My friends had shrimp and mango quesadilla, pasta with shrimp, and especialle la marea, respectively. Everything was wonderful. The service was great, too.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Beck11217
La Marea L, Public Relations Manager at La Marea, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your review Beck11217,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our food, the way we prepare the octopus has been a total success!
We hope to see you again real soon!

La Marea.
Euless, Texas
“La Marea-great restaurant in any city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Sometimes you come across a hidden gem that needs to be recognized. La Marea is a hidden gem. It sits just off hwy 1 in the Costa Azul district just outside San Jose and next to Costa Azul surf shop. Our visit was highlighted by the impeccable service by the staff. My son who is only 22 said, "they are trying to do everything they can to make us happy."
Lets get to the food. Earlier in the day my son and I had caught two small tunas and decided to find a place to cook them. We were tired and decided to try La Marea just across from our condo. We walked in and they not only said they would cook it, but, if we agreed the chef would cook it in many different styles. We told them that sounded great. While we waited we had the best margarita since arriving in Mexico, not watered down or way to strong. Than came our first course, tuna sashimi with three different dipping sauces. Our first bite, Wow! We looked at each other and both said Amazing! Than came tuna, mango and jalapeño tostada. Prepared to perfection. At this point, I told my son the chef had to have been professionally trained by his technique. Than came tuna steaks prepared 3 different ways, blackened, sesame, and chargrilled. The blackened tasted nearly the same as my favorite fish dish in the states, a tuna steak from Devon's in downtown Chicago. My son and I were in heaven. My son who has been fortunate to travel the world exclaimed, "this is possibly the best seafood meal I've ever had.". Furthermore, I would have to agree.
Of course we decided on our last night we would return for our send off meal. The only disappointment was it was closed. I guarantee when we visit again it will be our first stop. Do yourself a favor and go to this hidden gem.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Joseph V
portland
“Great service and amazing ceviche”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went here 3 times as the ceviche was so good. Had ceviche marea each time and wanted to try something else but it was too delicious to move on. The service was warm and friendly and the food and drink were both a great value.

• Visited February 2013