“Not worth it...you are expected to leave a huge tip and the service is not worth it.”
Review of La Marea - CLOSED

La Marea
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ocean View / Terrace / Sports TV / Casual Ambiance / WiFi / Friendly Feeling/Acustic Rock every Friday
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The food was great, but unless you're a local, don't bet on getting good service. In fact, you may get snubbed. The food was really good, but the service will keep me from ever going back. I was expected to leave a 40% tip, despite the really slow service...I would recommend Los Claros...they treat everyone as an equal!

1  Thank Sergio E

Reviewed October 27, 2012

A unique spot, with fresh lively food. Great salsas- try the jalapeño cream and the chili de arbol sauces- not too spicy, but flavorful! The governors style taco was very tasty and different. The smoked tuna is delicious any which way- as a tostada, in the stuffed chili... Garlic shrimp never disappoints- tonite they had jumbos!
The owner is always there, making sure things go smoothly. There are so many great restaurants and now we will add this one to our regular list! Service was attentive and the view is great, as long as you look over the highway, and our to the sea.

1  Thank bskinow
Reviewed August 29, 2012

WOW, I am a devotee of ceviche, and thought I knew what great ceviche was...this place is the best I have ever had. the tostadas were dusted with a light chile lime seasoning, and the pico was fresh and light. My husband ordered the seafood soup, which was delightful. I had the tuna and mango ceviche, and I don't write reviews, but this was so good that I felt compelled to share a place that is sure to make fellow devotees happy. I will be returning to this restaurant again. the service was attentive without hovering, and best of all, the beer was ice cold.

1  Thank claudbiedig
Reviewed July 7, 2012

And not only that ceviche, but also the fish ceviche as well as the agua chile, all the dishes we tryed was very good, the habanero sauce is delicious. The service is very good and efficient.
Ambience is also nice and location very convenient right in la curva at Costa Azul.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Fresh Seafood, nice view, relax enviroment to enjoy a cold beer with a mix ceviche or cocktail , jumbo shrimps to peel from the Pacific coast the best flavor.