Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Five absolutely amazing days. The property itself it amazing but the staff make the difference.

Every detail is well designed and perfectly executed from the moment you are greeted at the airport to the moment they drop you back off and help you check in for your flight.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greg A
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Greg A,

Thank you for you wonderful review. We are truly glad you enjoyed your experience at Las Ventanas al Paraíso from beginning to end. I will share your comments with our team.
Hope we can pamper you again soon. Keep dreaming of paradise!

There are newer reviews for Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This was possibly one of the best stays that I've had in quite some time. From being picked up @ the airport in my own private Mercedes Benz truck, to being serviced in every possible way. There was No request to big or too small for the staff here. And if you think the room was fabulous, don't think for one second that the food wasn't just as amazing. I had absolutely No complaints whatsoever, and I've been told that I'M hard to please, go figure.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer H

Dear JaiD,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay at our Resort and that all your requests were fulfilled by our team. That is what we strive for every day, with every guest.
We are looking forward to pampering you again soon,

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you want to experience the best service, most beautiful hotel, most knowledgable staff and feel like royalty ... You must go here. Slightly pricey until you understand what you will receive for the money. This will be your best experience ever at any hotel. The staff is at your side waiting to fulfill your every need or want. With the slightest sign of looking for someone to fill your glass, adjust your pool umbrella, deliver your coffee at a specific time, wow... Just think about what you want and someone shows up to assist you! I have been many places and fortunate to stay in very expensive accommodations but thus is IT. Royal treatment! And, did I mention the rooms are so nice you don't even want to leave them? They are...

Room Tip: They are all good. Every one of them. Can't go wrong. But we did like having an end unit with th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank 123Lu123

Dear 123Lu123,
Thank you for your review. We truly enjoy our job and work hard to pamper our guests – comments like yours warm our hearts and keep us motivated to continue creating unforgettable experiences for our guests.
We looking forward to welcoming back and making you feel like royalty again in the near future.
Hasta pronto!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I'll say first that I haven't stayed in this hotel but has visited twice for dinner, drinks and a tour of the grounds. I've seen the villas from the golf course and the interior of the hotel. I think this hotel is unrivaled in its design, service and grandeur. Each time I've been there has felt like a dream. The staff is among the best I've ever encountered. The pool, which winds through the property, is a genius design and lends to the dream like state each guest must feel... If there's a better hotel/dining experience I haven't seen it.

3  Thank JsammyLA
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear JsammyLA,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Resort! We are happy to hear you had a wonderful dining experience at the property!
All the team members at Las Ventanas are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We selected Las Ventanas among the various resorts around San Jose del Cabo based upon our previous experiences at Rosewood properties. Not only were our expectations met; they were exceeded. I could write a lengthy review describing all the things we enjoyed at Las Ventanas, but will try to keep it brief.

The property itself is beautiful and well maintained. It is very private, facing south towards the Sea of Cortez, you really can't see the adjacent properties. The buildings, rooms and landscaping are very much in keeping with the look and feel of the Baja Penninsula.

We had a beachfront terrace suite. The room was huge, well appointed and very comfortable. The bedding and bath linens were great. Toilteries were Bulgari.

We had room service, and ate at all the restaurants: the Sea Grill, the Restaurant and the Ceviche Bar. The food and service were uniformily excellent.

But, the thing that really set Las Ventanas apart was the service and the staff. From our intial meeting with our driver and throughout our stay, every staff member at the resort was welcoming, engaging and friendly--but also very professional and focused on customer service. I particularily want to thank Daniel (the resort manager); our butlers Brenda and Daniel; Jorge and Aldo at the Grill; Kevin at the Restaurant; Manuel and Jonah, pool service; Livia the Grill and Poolside Manager (an iron fist in a velvet glove); Ximena in the Romance Department; and Dolce in the Spa.

A few examples of the service provided: one evening we left our room for dinner and I left a book I had been reading on the nighstand and had been using the cover sleeve as a bookmarker. When we returned from dinner, the housekeeping staff had placed a bookmarker on the page for me. Each day at the pool a young man would offer to clean your sunglasses (my glasses have not been so clean since I purchased them). And don't even think about moving a chaise lounge or umbrella by yourself--you will be intercepted by a staff member. Everyone seemed very sincere about wanting the guests to enjoy their stay at the resort, and took obvious pride in working at Las Ventanas.

We had a great stay and hated to leave, but wewill visit again. The only downside is in the future when we stay at other properties, I am sure we will say to ourselves at some point--"This is nice, but it's not Las Ventanas."

6  Thank BardownA2
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear BardownA2,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments of your recent stay with us in Paraiso!
I will make sure to pass along your kind comments to our team members who are so passionate about their jobs and are what makes this property so special. Your butlers Brenda and Daniel, Jorge and Aldo, Kevin, Manuel, Jonah, Livia, Ximena and Dulce will be so happy to have earned such positive comments.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had the wonderful privilege of vacationing at Las Ventanas last week and I had to write my review as soon as possible.

Before leaving for our trip to Mexico, I filled out an online questionnaire provided by the resort to assist them in individualizing our stay. Additionally, I had regular email contact with Chef Gustavo to ensure that our dietary needs would be properly met and with Daniel Scott (Hotel Manager) to guarantee an amazing experience during our stay in celebration of my 25th wedding anniversary.

After we collected our luggage at the airport in Los Cabos, a representative from the hotel greeted us and had a private shuttle waiting to take us from the airport to the hotel (Mercedes Benz SUV). Upon arrival at the hotel, Mr. Scott and several employees greeted us at the entrance and by name. We were immediately whisked away to the spa for a quick and effective 10 massage (gratis) to relieve the tension from traveling to the hotel. After the spa treatment, Edgar, our “butler,” gave us a wonderful tour of the beautiful property. Once inside our room, he presented us with a single piece of paper to sign and we were all checked in.

This property has been reviewed many times, but words cannot properly illustrate how magnificent this place really is. Do not expect an oversized lobby with a cold marble reception desk, fountains, a giant chandelier or concierge desk with people waiting in line. Las Ventanas is best described as unassuming, sophisticated and elegant. The buildings, pools, view of the ocean, and especially landscaping, are simply breathtaking. The level of service that we received throughout our 7 nights was astonishing. Within minutes of our arrival and wherever we walked, staff members would greet us by name and offered us bottled water, cold towels and friendly smiles. There was nothing fake or disingenuous, the staff at this hotel makes you feel like royalty and family – all at the same time.

A few items stand out as adding to the experience that I wouldn’t want to neglect mentioning. The Restaurant overlooks the main pool. The hotel informs guests that the main pool closes by 6 pm so that the restaurant patrons have unobstructed views of the pool and ocean to look at during dinner (the other pools that remain open for anyone wishing to continue swimming into the early evening). This is a nice touch. Also, most nights have live music (soft). Both elements contribute tastefully to the ambiance of the dining experience.

On the night of our anniversary, the Restaurant made a big deal with a beautiful chocolate cake and the hotel made sure to have a “Roses and candles” turndown service waiting for us when we retired for the night (a beautiful and unexpected surprise).

I wouldn’t feel right if I did not mention a few people that made our stay outstanding:

Mr. Scott – hotel manager (an exceptionally detail oriented host)
Jaime/Edgar – two better butlers you will not find (it’s like having your own private personal assistant – concierge service – that is always there when you need them)
Lorena – The Restaurant hostess (she has the most enchanting smile and charming personality – she also takes great pictures)
Chef Gustavo – went to extraordinary lengths to make every meal exceptional
Joaquimm – Food and Beverage Director (his charisma is infectious)
Alfredo and Mauricio – wonderful waiters (although all the waiters deserve accolades)
Blanka/Roberto – If you go to the spa, make sure you request one of these two amazing massage therapists
Jonathan – tennis instructor (no better way to start off the day)

I have traveled to hotels all over the world and Las Ventanas is simply the best. I highly recommend this vacation destination and property. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room that overlooks the water. The gardens are pretty, the crashing waves are bre...
5  Thank jmfein

Dear jmfein,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review of your recent stay with us!

We are truly glad you enjoyed every corner of the property, starting with the arrival experience to an amazing journey throughout your stay! It is a real pleasure for everyone here at Las Ventanas to pamper you, and we couldn’t be happier to know we exceeded your expectations!

I will make sure to pass along your comments to Jaime, Edgar, Lorena, Chef Gustavo, Joaquim, Alfredo, Mauricio, Blanca, Roberto and Jonathan!

We hope to welcome you back soon to your home away from home!

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I don't know where to start and I don't have enough adjectives to describe my experience at this beautiful hotel .. It is not only beautiful but the service is impeccable .. Mario , Claudia , Haydee , Janet , Miguel , Livia , Dulce .. The names of the sweet and kind individuals who were absolutely wonderful to us in every way .. Our beautiful suite was gorgeous and was always refreshed even if we left for half an hour .. Amazed me .. The food was great as was the lovely restaurants on the property ..I must say the GM Daniel Scott was unequivocally the best managing director of a property I have yet to encounter .. He is affable , professional and exudes such a positive attitude .. A gem of a person and someone who loves his job and is an incredible leader and manager .. Kudos to Rosewood properties for having him run such an auspicious property . I can go on and on but .. Trust me and stay here for yourself .. You will be amazed and astonished .. Perfection does indeed exist ..

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Waffa R

Dear Waffa R,
We thank you so much for your lovely words! Our guest comments is what keeps us doing our best every time to pamper our guests and make their stay truly special.
All of us here keep a special place in our hearts for you and we hope to have you back soon in your little Paradise!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
The Resort at Pedregal
The Resort at Pedregal
#3 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!