“The Best of the Best”

Ranked #2 of 42 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Indianapolis
“The Best of the Best”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our third stay at Las Ventanas, and we already wish we were going back. This property is truly "the best of the best." We have had the opportunity to stay at multiple 5-star hotels and resorts, but LVP always takes the cake. They simply get it perfect here, every time, and this is in large part due to the wonderful team of people at the resort. Everyone is genuinely warm and welcoming, ready to make your stay a memorable one. I don't think the word "No" is in their vocabulary. The setting is also gorgeous, and I appreciate how LVP embraces the beauty of its desert surroundings. The rooms/suites are large, airy, and gorgeously decorated with original art work and artisan crafts. Most rooms have a beautiful covered terrace with sweeping ocean views. We always feel extremely relaxed and rested after a stay here.

We had the pleasure of experiencing the new beach cabanas on this visit, and that was wonderful! The privacy and proximity to the beach were so nice, and our beach butler Jonas was top notch. One small suggestion would be to perhaps have a restroom facility in proximity to the cabanas? After a few margaritas, running up and down the steps to the restrooms near the Sea Grill was a little taxing...but I probably needed the exercise! Ha! Daniel Scott, the general manager, asked us if there was anything we'd improve on, and this is the only little thing we could think of.

Also of note, Tropical Storm Juliette roared through one night of our stay, and the resort had to batten down the hatches a bit. We had planned to do dinner at the Tequila & Sushi bar that evening, but it was closed. However, we were able to duplicate the experience in the Restaurant, as they made that menu available there. We were also sent a complimentary bottle of very nice red wine to our room that evening to help us enjoy "the un-Cabo like weather." So nice! By the next morning, the skies were blue and the army of groundskeepers had cleared all debris to return the resort to its natural Zen state, as if nothing had happened. Amazing.

Thank you, LVP, for another fantastic stay!!!

2 Thank IndyDoc22
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear IndyDocc22,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing review of our stay in Las Ventanas al Paraiso! We are glad you enjoyed our new Beach Cabanas (and we will for sure take your suggestion into consideration. Thank you for that as well).
We are proud to have guests like you and your husband, who keep on choosing our Resort. We will work hard on creating new experiences and amenities to surprise and pamper you on your next visit ( lets hope that Juliette or any of her relatives stay away this next time)
Warm regards,
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Lancaster PA
Reviewed September 4, 2013

After a 2-year hiatus we returned to LV for our third trip. We had stayed in 2009 and 2010 for half a week here and the balance of the week at Palmilla. We gave Palmilla a slight nod back then, but it has flip flopped and LV is now ahead and the reason is the service. The service at LV is truly personalized. The management team – even senior management – has a constant presence and the team knows each guest and goes out of its way to make sure each guest knows that they are appreciated and valued. We stayed in an oceanfront junior suite, first floor which enabled us to walk right out to the adult pool. It was literally 5 strides from our poolside loungers to our patio and room – so convenient. Room butlers, pool butlers, beach butlers, servers and bartenders were all exceptional. I ordered a special drink requiring grape juice, which they did not have. They told me they would get it. I told them it was not necessary as there were plenty of other cocktails from which to choose. Twenty minutes later, a waiter (Manuel) announced that they had obtained grape juice so we were able to enjoy our preferred summer cocktail the remainder of the week.

We celebrated my wife’s Birthday and our anniversary while there. Again, the staff went above and beyond in recognition of these special occasions. Champagne was sent to the room, mimosas to the loungers, balloons, birthday and anniversary cakes, cupcakes – it never stopped and it was profoundly sincere. Guest Experience Maria Arriaga made the vacation unforgettable. He is another member of the executive team that is dedicated to ensuring that each guest has a memorable and pleasurable experience.

We opted for a private dinner on the beach to celebrate my wife’s birthday and a private dinner in La Cava (the wine room). Both were experiences that we will carry with us and cherish for the rest of our lives. The lead waiters and sommelier, Manuel on the beach and Alejandro at La Cava, were exceptional and made these experiences thoroughly enjoyable. Their hard work and professionalism was inspiring. Each staff member wears a pin designating years of service. Most have 5 or more years which in part explains why service is so well coordinated here at all service points. Plus, the staff all seems genuinely happy and that enthusiasm reflects in their service level. Chef Fabrice and his staff are also to be commended. The quality of the food was extraordinary and we will not soon forget the special gastronomic meals he and his staff prepared for us. Fabrice took 30 minutes out of one of his days to create a custom-made menu and it was spectacular. Alejandro’s wine pairings were the perfect compliment. Not only were the dinners heavenly, but so were the breakfasts. We tried each one of the Mexican traditional breakfast options and they were simply superb. I am not normally a big breakfast aficionado preferring instead to eat fruit before a vigorous workout. At this resort, however, breakfast is one of the most enjoyable experiences of the day. After my wife and I completed our workouts (at the very nicely appointed and well-staffed fitness center), we headed down to breakfast to watch the sun rise in the sky over the stunning main pool and ocean waves crashing into the surf. Only complaint was food runners “auctioned” breakfasts one day. This means that they did not know who got what so they called it out, as in “who gets the Stuffed Chile Poblano?” Also, once we were seated at a table for 4 and they did not clear the other 2 settings right away. I know what you are thinking – too picky! Well, I waited tables for 10 years so I notice these things. In any event, I only mention this to demonstrate how incredibly minor the complaints are. Every other aspect of service was flawless, seemless & impeccable!

On our first night there, we feared the trip would be a bust as a tropical storm passed directly over Cabo. Looking back on it, this actually made the trip more enjoyable and interesting. Managing Director Daniel Scott sent a bottle of red wine to each suite with an encouraging note that the storm would pass quickly and that sipping some cabernet while the rain drops are falling would ease the soul – and indeed it did. Most of the guests ate inside at the restaurant while crews worked all over the resort to prepare for wind and rain. The next morning, the storm was passed and the staff worked seamlessly to put the resort back together before most guests woke up. It was amazing. By noon, we were once again under Cabo’s famous blue skies which would prevail for the remaining 5 days. There was a glass case holding a fire hose outside that had swung open and shattered in the wind. I saw the broken glass early in the morning after the storm. It was fully repaired by 10 am. It was just amazing, but this is typical of the level of perfection that exists at every turn.

One other example of the over-the-top service we received pertains to the mattress on the bed. After our first night, our butler, Ana, inquired whether the bed suited my comfort needs. I explained that it was a little soft. She offered to make some adjustments to it in order to make it firmer. My wife and I headed off to breakfast and when my wife had to stop back at the room to grab something, she observed a team of employees bringing in a replacement mattress. This mattress was more firm than the first one and I slept comfortably for the duration of the stay. We could not believe they changed out the actual king size mattress. There is nothing this resort will not do in order to ensure guests satisfaction.

In another example of the over-the-top service, I put on a collared shirt, but could not locate my collar stays. I asked the butler if he could pick some up from housekeeping and bring them to me. We had departed the resort before I got the collar stays and in all honesty, had forgotten about them. After we were dropped off at the airport and were checking in, one of the butlers came running in to ticketing to deliver four collar stays. We could not believe our eyes – that the resort would make a special trip to the airport to deliver two tiny little plastic collar stays for my button-down shirt.
­
This was typical of the high level of service we experienced. By the looks of it, all other guests experienced the same level of service.

Each time the staff brought a bill, they would emphasize that 15% service charge has been added to the bill. Even though we always gave another 5% minimum as additional gratuity, we appreciated being told that gratuity had already been added. In a way, it makes you want to give more because they are telling you that it is not expected. They also provide the final bill in pesos and dollars, which we appreciated. We have been trying to get Palmilla to provide this, but their system does not permit it. Also, we liked that LV always provides a “yellow” customer copy with each bill. We saved most of them which made reconciliation of the bill at the end of the stay easy and fast. Palmilla only provides one copy and if you want a copy or receipt, you have to request it and the server has to make another trip to go get it.

The spa is terrific as well. We played golf at Palmilla and Club Campestre. Both great courses. Transportation to and from was easy.

We also got a sneak preview of the beachfront rooms under construction at the location of what used to be a hole on the Cabo Real golf course and these rooms will have pools, outdoor showers and will be amazing.

In summary, this stay at LV was unbelievable. As a couple, we crave attention to detail and this resort pays attention to the details. Our most recent trip to Palmilla, we noticed less attention to the details. Daniel Scott and his staff are to be commended. If you are considering a trip to this incredible place on the planet, do not pass on LV. It is insanely amazing.

Room Tip: All are great.
1 Thank timrobin
Dear Timrobin,
Honestly, we are absolutely thrilled with your review. Comments like yours make us proud and encourage us to keep on working hard and offering the best of service to our dear guests.
As per the inconveniences during breakfast and for not clearing the 2 seats on your table, I apologize on behalf of the team and we will do everything to ensure issues like this do not transpire again in the future.
We hope you and your wife choose Las Ventanas al Paraiso again to celebrate her birthday and your anniversary, so we can indulge you with more romantic amenities! And if you do decide to stay with us, will have your suite ready with a firm mattress and grape juice stocked in every bar!
Thank you for choosing our Resort for the third time. We really appreciate it.
Warm regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My partner and I just returned from our first trip to Las Ventanas - I am sure it won't be our last.
We are used to staying at luxury resorts, mainly Four Seasons properties, but the service provided by the staff of Las Ventanas was probably the best of any hotel we have stayed at. From the pick up at the airport to our departure the service was impeccable.
We stayed in one of the Ocean Front Junior Suites which was right by the two Adult only pools. Most days we sat by the Adults only pools, which was great. There were very few kids at the resort but even so it's great to be by a quiet pool with no kids. The staff around the pool provided a great, friendly efficient service, providing complimentary bottled water which was refreshed throughout the day.
We ate both at The Restaurant the the Sea Grill, both of which were very good although we would have liked to have seen a better selection of main course salads on the lunch menu. On our second day having lunch at the Sea Grill, we mentioned that our Rose wine needed to be a little more chilled and asked for some ice. The next day we went there again and the restaurant manager said he had put out wine on ice for a couple of hours before we got there as he knew we liked it really chilled....he then brought out ice cubes made from the Rose Wine that we were drinking and had these ready for us every day thereafter!! This was just one example of the great service.
The spa is very peaceful and relaxing and the fitness room is more than adequate.
Overall we had a great stay and I would like to thank Daniel Scott, the Resort Manager and his entire team for providing us with a great service. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The suites over the Adults Only pool were great with the sounds of the waves as the only noise you c...
Dear MidatlanticMan,
Thank you so much for having taken the time to write this wonderful review of your recent stay at Las Ventanas al Paraíso. We appreciate your comments and The chefs are definitely going to have some superior options for you two on your next visit
Please let us know ahead of your next visit if you have changed your wine preferences and we will be sure to have your "special" ice cubes ready so that you can be pampered at the adults pools
Looking forward to weloming you at your home in Paradise… hopefully very soon!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I spent our 3 year anniversary here and it was hands down the best vacation we have ever taken. Service was unreal. Attentive yet not annoying (tough balance to strike if you ask me) All suite hotel. Rooms amazing and clean. Staff unbelievably friendly and attentive (everyone gets butler service). Food amazing no matter where you eat or what you order. Keep in mind it is expensive (roughly $400-$600 per day if you stay on properfy for all meals and pending what you order and how much alcohol) but you realize quickly what you are paying for. TIP: Stop at La Europea liquor store on the way to the resort (be advised liquor stores are closed Sundays in Los Cabos) for some libations to stock up your room. The hotel will allow you to have whatever you like in your room and will charge a $45 to $65 corkage fee to bring your own wine or bubbly to dinner (worth it as the wine/champagne selections can be very pricey). This place is hands down worth every penny and honestly hard to put in perspective with words alone... just GO!

Room Tip: Ocean view without a doubt. This is an all-suite hotel. They are all spacious so for us there was...
2 Thank DJustin77
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I decided to take a trip to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We had initially planned a trip to Canada but had to cancel it at the last second so I surprised her with a trip to Cabo. We were here a couple years ago to celebrate getting engaged and I figured why not go back to celebrate our first year of marriage.

This time we chose to stay at Las Ventanas (last time at Esperanza) on a number of recommendations from friends and it exceeded every single one of my already very high expectations. Everything, from the transfer service from the airport, the amazing room, the beautifully kept grounds, the incredible food, and I could go on and on, was out of this world. All of these amazing things pale in comparison when it comes to the service at Las Ventanas.

Violet and her team, Mario, and Daniel made this the most incredible vacation experience I have ever had. We have been to some amazing resorts all over the world, and no where were we treated as amazingly as we were here. Our first night at the resort Tropical Storm Juliette hit Cabo and the staff went above and beyond to make sure our experience was still out of this world. They dropped off a bottle of wine to enjoy in our room because of the storm and I had ordered a rose petal turndown service and even with a massive tropical storm bearing down on the resort, they made it happen. Almost as impressive is how when we woke up the next morning they were already on their way to putting the resort back in order so that the guests would be able to enjoy all the amazing amenities it has to offer.

I also asked if it would be possible to set up a TV in one of the amazing beach cabanas (definitely worth the cost, the best way to enjoy Cabo) so my wife could watch the Texas A&M football game and without hesitation they said absolutely. Not only did they set up a TV, they brought out a Texas A&M cake, and gave us a bottle of champagne to celebrate the victory with. All unnecessary, but really do take your stay to the next level and make you want to come back.

The people at Las Ventanas go above and beyond to make sure that every single second of your stay is better than the last. They also do it in an understated way with such sincerity that you can't help but be care free and truly be able to enjoy Paraiso.

3 Thank Noah R
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Noah R,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Las Ventanas al Paraiso. Our guest’s comments are very important for us and we are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful anniversary celebration. Most importantly, we are happy Texas A & M won their game. I will make sure to pass along your comments to Violeta, Mario and our entire team, they will be so proud to have earned such positive comments from one of our repetive guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate your second anniversary at your home in Paradise!

San Luis Obispo, California, USA
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This place is incredible! The food is great, the staff and service is amazing. It is quiet, relaxing and romantic. The staff set up a table for my husband and I on the beach for dinner with candles. The grounds are beautiful and the beach is pristine. We can't wait to go again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rodessa N
Dear Slogirl,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed a relaxing and romantic stay. Hopefully, we’ll see you again soon for your next beach dinner.

Lake Placid, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We will be returning to Las Ventanas the service was great the atmosphere is great. It's a wonderful place to relax and unwind. My wife is doing Ironman again and we will be recouping at Las Ventanas.
If you can this is not a place to miss, the staff is wonderful the beach is beautiful and the fact that they have two pools one for families and one for adults only is great. We did not need to go off site to eat. The food there is excellent.
We've meet people who we have stayed in touch with and hoping we will be able to rejoin again this year.
Don't miss it.

The Resort at Pedregal
The Resort at Pedregal
#3 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!