“Do I want to be spoiled? Hecks ya!”

Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Dallas, Texas
“Do I want to be spoiled? Hecks ya!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

While this resort is beyond stunning, it is the staff that makes the difference. What a class group of individuals make this ultra luxurious hotel, all the better. From the moment we walked in, had a foamy margarita shot, to the 15 minute blissful relaxation massage to welcome us, we knew we were in for a treat.

Hats off to Claudia and Brenda, our "butlers'. When we returned to our suite, there was a rose-petaled jacuzzi drawn with champagne and truffles for celebration of our anniversary.

The gentleman that service the pool work so hard in the blazing sun, making certain the guests don't want for anything. The fruit popsicles are a welcome treat in the hot Baja sun.

We enjoyed the hotel that we never left the property. Luckily we had already spent several days in San Jose so we didn't feel like we were missing anything by not leaving....how could you leave when you are in paradise. Thanks LVP!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent 5 days last October at this beautiful resort. We celebrated our 20 year anniversary and the staff went out of their way to make our visit special. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by the hotel manager and your personal butler. They give you a tour of the resort, and then take you to your room where you are checked in. There is no check-in desk! Your every need is taken care of even before you ask. After unpacking your luggage, a sewing kit is created just for you, based on the colors in your wardrobe. You are given a choice of scented oils to burn in your room based on your personal taste. When lounging at the pool, there are approx 3-4 attendants assigned to each guest to cater to your every need. We decided to have dinner at The One and Only one evening, and the staff had called ahead to let them know we were celebrating our anniversary and we received a special menu with our name and anniversary printed on it. We were even given a 'to go' lunch packed in a small cooler upon our departure.

It's pricey, but you feel as though every penny was worth it. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tystephens
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

For our 3rd trip to Las Ventanas we did something different, we got married there!

A small (elopement) ceremony for 5 on the plaza followed by dinner in La Cava was simply sublime.

Many thanks to the "Director of Romance" Ximena, who did a wonderful job coordinating *all* aspects of the ceremony, including the required blood tests, the officiants, flowers, photographers and dinner ... it could not have been better!

The rose petal covered bedroom, tub and champagne when we got back to our room was a lovely surprise for both of us!

The resort itself is of course stunning, but it is the attention to detail and the friendly, unsurpassed service that distinguishes this location from even other Rosewood's we have stayed with (please take note Mayakoba you are not even in the same league)

Many thanks to our superb butler Carlos, Manuel and Miguel at the pool, Sandra the sommelier and Jesus at La Cava for another amazing trip to Las Ventanas.

A couple of notes for those considering going to LV:

- try the new beach cabanas, they are worth it for a 1/2 or full day!
- dinner on the beach is well worth it, there is nothing more romantic.

The *only* disappointment while we were there, the rather questionable habit of other guests of placing a book or other personal item on the pool loungers 1st thing in the morning to "reserve" them, for hours in some cases, before their "owners" reclaimed them and the lounger that they so selfishly kept from others, I personally was tempted simply to cast their items to one side, but two wrong do not make a right.

Room Tip: honestly a garden view would be fine, since its unlikely that you will spend too much time in it. an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LarryCable
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Las Vantanas (LVP) is paradise. Plain and simple. There are many beautiful resorts around the world. What makes LVP stand out is its service. The service, from top management to the groundskeepers, is simply amazing. The employees are incredibly well trained, and they are there solely to make your vacation perfect. And they succeed.

It started as soon as we arrived at LVP. We were immediately whisked away to the spa for a 10 minute complimentary massage to get us relaxed. What a great way to start a vacation. Our flight into LA was late, so our luggage did not arrive with us in Cabo. My wife was immediately taken to the property's store to find a pair of flip flops so she could get out of her heels. Tee shirts were placed in our room (at no charge to us) so we could get comfortable. Tequila, with nuts and chocolate were waiting for us in the room. It just got better from there.

Our butler, Ana, anticipated everything we wanted, before we even thought of it. She was incredible. I had jazz playing one time we were in the room, so from then on, when we got back to our room, jazz was playing. They saw my wife had brought a banana with her, so they made sure there were bananas in the room. This is all apart from housekeeping, which had our room spotless and picked up throughout the day.

When we travel, often we find other guest to be stuffy or at least stay to themselves. Here, I think because of the way the staff makes you feel, everyone is friendly. We actually made some great new friends on the trip. We had originally bo9oked 4 days, but were having so much fun, we didn't want to leave. I wanted to add 2 more days, but I know what a hassle this can often be. I causally asked Ana if this werte possible. She told me not only was it possible, she would take care of everything. She changed our flights and added 2 days. No questions asked. becuase our room was booked, we had to change rooms, but did we have to do anything? Of course not! LVP moved all of our stuff and we were handed a new key. Everything was in exactly the same spot in our new room. Amazing.

Now the food. I can be picky, but the food here was fantasitc. i do suggest that if you are there on a day available, try la Cava for a 5 course wine dinner. It was great. The Restaurant and Sea Grille are really good. Quality is great, and again, service is impecable. My personal favorite is the Tequila, Ceviche and Sushi bar. Oscar at the bar is amazing. he is extremely knowledgable on tequila and the tequila lesson is worth going to. I learned a ton, and tastes a bunch of great tequilas I never woould have tried.

LVP is not cheap, but worth every dime. I truly felt like i got our money's worth at my new favorite place.

Room Tip: 207 is fantastic. Its on the water and very private. We were in 305 which was also amazing, but not...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Michael H
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

First off, I booked during a time when I knew there WOULD be construction. The main pool and restaurant were closed. Which we were informed of prior to making the reservation.
We couldn't have been any happier on our quick, on-sale trip to LVP. We have stayed before so we know what to expect and all I can say is: what construction noise?! We where there 7 days and I maybe heard a moment noise. Or it could of been the waves crashing, couldn't determine which.
Food was amazing as always. They even made special sweet treats for me and the hubby. They surprised us each night in our room with a different treat.
Beach cabana is always a must. I love that they ask you what food you enjoy when filling out your preference form (after reservation is made) and the. Once we arrived some of our favorite food were on the "in-room" dining menu. Spaghetti and meat balls in cabo, why yes and very delicious too!
The spa is always a delight and a facial is a must! Only place I will have extractions done, cause they do it correctly!!
If your a person who loves dancing, music and parties head on down the way LVP is for travels who want to relax and have their privacy respected with quite days, lounging on the beach (with cabana service)
Thank you again for a wonderful getaway!
Once again, I saw construction but never heard anything going on. When will the new beach front villas be open? They look gorgeous already!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Dgojenny
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Dgojenny,
Thank you for the review of your stay at Las Ventanas. We really appreciate your thoughtful comments and kind words, and we are honored to hear that you have had a wonderful getaway in Paradise. Keep an eye out for updates on the new beach front villas- you will absolutely love them!
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back many more times in the future.
Hasta Pronto!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I can only echo the comments of other reviewers that have called Las Ventanas "heaven on earth" and "paradise". I visited the resort for my birthday vacation when it was discounted due to their Renovation Special. Let me first say that the renovations were completely unnoticable. I didn't hear construction or see construction workers walking around during my entire stay. The renovations were occurring in a remote part of the property and if I hadn't been informed that it was part of Las Ventanas I wouldn't have been aware of them at all. I believe since the resort was so forthcoming about the renovations that there were less guests on the property than usual. But that was fine by me because I felt like I was in my own private paradise! The staff was truly wonderful. Even before I arrived I received calls and e-mails asking me about my preferences, arranging for my transportation and ensuring that I would be okay with the renovation stay.

Once I arrived on the property I was so touched to be greeted by the rooms director, the manager of the property, the special butler for my suite and a beautifully decorated cupcake with a single candle. What a thoughtful personal touch! I was also granted a complimentary upgrade to an ocean front suite with a rooftop terrace. To say that the suite was beautiful would be an understatement. It was very large and included an in-room fireplace, a bathroom with a deep sunken tub, separate shower and two separate sink areas. Outside of the room the patio area included a beautiful white sofa, coffee table and chairs and your own private jacuzzi. There were also outdoor stairs that led up to my own private rooftop sunning area that had a breathtaking ocean view. At night you could go up there and enjoy listening to the ocean and looking up at the stars. I will say that you have complete privacy on the rooftop terrace and I rarely even heard my neighbors on their terrance. The suite was absolutely luxurious! Upon arrival I received complimentary chips and salsa as well as complimentary tequila with various accompaniments (dark chocolate, nuts, limes, etc.).

As far as the hotel amenities, I took advantage of the fitness center and booked horseback riding on the beach. Both experiences were top notch. The fitness center included ample machines, a separate weight area and a smaller room that included matts, bonsu balls, and other pilates/floor work equipment. Every so often the staff would come along to offer cold towels. The pool side restaurant that was open during the renovations (Sea Grill) had both delicious food and lovely staff. It was situated right right on the beach so you could enjoy a shaded ocean view while having breakfast or lunch.

For the first time in all of my travels I was actually sad to leave!! And again when I left both the butler for my suite and the Rooms Director came to chat with me to ensure I enjoyed my stay. I didn't take advantage of it but the resort offers you the ability to order boxed meals for your departure flight. I stayed at another high end property in Cabo San Lucas during this trip and while that property and the staff were nice, my experience at Las Ventanas was far and away the most incredible. The staff just had a way of making everything feel special. You really felt the personal touch-- like they really wanted you to enjoy your time there. I had the most relaxing and rejuvenating stay at Las Ventanas and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone seeking a extravagant treat.

Room Tip: If you can manage to stay in a ocean front suite with a rooftop terrace I highly recommend it. My s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Vinylcollectors
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Vinylcollectors,
Thank you for having taken the time to post your review of your recent stay at Las Ventanas al Paraíso! I am truly delighted to hear that we fulfilled your expectations at the Resort and that you were able to relax and enjoy our Magical environment.
Again, thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in our little “Paraíso”. It was a pleasure to have you with us on your special birthday vacation!
Hasta Pronto!
Las Ventanas al Paraíso
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I are big fans of the Caribbean and had never been to Cabo, nor entertained the notion. On a recommendation from friends, we booked Las Ventanas and upon arrival, realized that it was, by far, the most amazing place we have stayed anywhere before. The staff is amazing, the service was outstanding, the views unparalleled and the food delicious. There is not one single thing I could say that would be even close to negative. We took a week trip to escape the hustle and bustle of kids, work, life, etc...and Las Ventanas was the antidote to it all. I have never felt so relaxed and at peace on a vacation. The staff is so attentive and there are always little surprises throughout your trip. Not only would I recommend (and already have to anyone that asks!) Las Ventanas, but I look forward to returning to this piece of heaven on earth!

Room Tip: We were in Jr. Suite 408-Oceanview...amazing view, amazing rooftop terrace for stargazing at night!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank CAGW
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear CAGW:

It is an honor to hear Las Ventanas was the resort of your choice for your first trip to Los Cabos.
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you had a great experience here at Las Ventanas. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service you received from our Team Members.
We are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
#3 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
The Resort at Pedregal
The Resort at Pedregal
#3 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!