“No Place Like It!”

Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We originally stayed at Las Ventanas for our honeymoon and have now gone back every year since. With numerous stays, we have consistently experienced "world class" service, food and accommodations. My husband spends quite a bit of time traveling in Asia, where the hotels are well known for their service and he says Las Ventanas has them beat. The resort is really beautiful, but we believe the service is one area that sets them apart and we see the same employees year after year, which is special in and of itself. The staff anticipate your needs, are super attentive, but never make you feel smothered or that they are around too much. Balancing this level of service without smothering is not easy, but they execute perfectly.
Another special feature of Las Ventanas is that even when the hotel is reaching capacity, it never feels crowded. It is quiet and calming, which is exactly why we go there. A previous reviewer stated that LV is great, but boring, to which I say "exactly"...LOL. No really, it is not boring. There are plenty of activities which can be arranged for you, but the atmosphere is quiet and you won't be seeing pool volleyball, out of control partying or annoying hotel activities located around the pool. Guests are generally there to relax, enjoy a romantic atmosphere with exceptional food, service and accommodations. We are already planning our next visit. You can't beat it!!!

2  Thank mlgtexas
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Mlgtexas,

Thank you for your lovely words! I will be very happy to pass along your feedback to all of our team members. We hope your travels bring you back to Mexico and Las Ventanas very soon.

Hasta Pronto!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The team at Las Ventanas has managed to create a window through which guests can get a glimpse of what Paradise must be (or at least should be) like. Never mind the wonderful food, the gorgeous grounds of the resort (who knew that cacti could be so beautiful?), but more importantly, this is a place where your every desire is satisfied immediately and sometimes even anticipated.

For someone who has traveled all over the world and has experienced almost everything, I can tell you that this is truly some of (if not) the best service I have ever received. I am impressed! I can go on and on about how specific staff members (on every department) went out of the way to provide outstanding service & a memorable stay, but I think it’s best if I just let your experience speak for itself… Enjoy!

Things worth nothing:

-Food: True Mexican cuisine + casual fare (pizzas, salads, burgers etc.) + vegetarian & vegan menus are also available. My wife is vegetarian and she enjoyed their spicy creations very much.

- Drinks: Amazing margaritas and frozen drinks!! Definitely try the Margarita “Diosa” and the Jalapeno…oh, and don't forget the Coconut Martini!

- Workout area: Decently appointed workout area with a good variety of weights and cardio machines to keep you looking beach ready during your stay. They offer private classes, but at a cost, of course.

- Rooms: Ocean front villas offer some of the closest access to the restaurants and to the beach, but do not stress about the location of your suite. All suites have beautiful views of the gardens and you can see at least a partial view of the ocean from most. Roof Top villas have a small hot tub and have an elevated (very private) layout area (great for couples!).

- Ocean: The Ocean IS NOT swimmable at Las Ventanas. This was a minor disappointment for us, but with 7 great pools to choose from and a wonderful beach area, we got over it fast!

- Service: Like I said before some of the best service I have ever received.

- Cost: Paradise is not cheap. Be prepared to spend (at least) about $2k a day here with hotel, meals and activities (per couple).

- Location: The hotel is located halfway about 20 minutes and $20 dollars away from San Jose del Cabo or from Cabo San Lucas. The hotel is so beautiful that unless you are looking for excitement, you will be hard press to leave the resort.

- Activities. I recommend using your personal butler to set up excursions with approved vendors from the hotel. Service providers in Mexico tend to be on the aggressive side. Let your butler deal with them and take care of it all! Definitely do a boat excursion at least one day!

- Children: The main pool is kid friendly while the pools on the side are adult only. We saw very few (well behaved) children during our stay.

- Pets: The hotel apparently is pet friendly. We saw two small dogs roaming around during your stay.

- Special events: DO plan at least one special dinner with your loved one or with your group. We had an AMAZING, very romantic private dinner at the plaza. We highly recommend it!!! This hotel is also probably one of the best I have seen in terms of scenic locations and preparedness for special events and weddings.

- Transportation: DO ALLOW Las Ventanas to pick you up and drop you off at the airport. The service provided here was also very impressive. Ignacio and Rene were amazing and extremely helpful. They picked us up, carried our luggage and on the way out, escorted us right all the way to customs all while bypassing the long lines and the noise at the airport!

- Age of the hotel: We've heard that the hotel will be closed for a month or two in June for a remodel and upgrades. I can't wait to see how they make something already great even better...

Enjoy your stay at Las Ventanas!!

Room Tip: Do not stress about the location of your room. All rooms are great! Choose ocean front for quick a...
2  Thank WrldTrvlr37

Dear WrldTrvlr37,

Wow! What a wonderful review! Thank you for having taken the time to post your review and sharing how much you enjoyed your stay. We were truly honored to read that the service provided by our team members was the best you have ever received. At the same time we are a humble property always seeking for new ways to increase the satisfaction of our guests.
All of us here at Las Ventanas are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to your little “Paraíso.”

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I had heard for years how unbelievable this resort was and finally got the chance to stay a few weeks ago. I cannot express enough how impressed we were with the service and how important they made us feel. It is by far - our favorite. I can't wait to return!

1  Thank Jennandy4
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Jennandy4,

It is so wonderful to hear that you finally got the chance to come visit us, and very honored that you gave us the opportunity to pamper you a few weeks ago! Thank you so much for your lovely words.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to your little “Paraíso” in Los Cabos.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Perfect honeymoon destination!!!!

My husband to be and I started planning our honeymoon over a year ago. We spent a huge amount of time searching for the perfect honeymoon destination….. and we found it at Las Ventanas.

There are no words to describe our experience at Las Ventanas. After a very, very long flight from Australia we arrived at heaven on earth! We were instantly relaxed in a way we have never been before.

I find it hard to put into words how incredible this place is. The property- beautiful, the gardens- immaculate, the service- unbeatable, the dining- world class! Every day spent at Las Ventanas is simply mind blowing.

For the duration of our week long stay Martein and his wonderful team made us feel right at home. We would like to especially thank our 2 wonderful butlers and the amazing romance director for ensuring we had an unforgettable week! After reading all the amazing reviews on trip advisor we arrived with extremely high expectations, and the staff looking after us for the week ensured that Las Ventanas more than delivered.

Martein, Tyson and I cannot thank you enough for everything the entire team at Las Ventanas did for us. We cannot wait to come back and visit! THANK YOU from Tyson and Sarah Groves

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sarah,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon at Las Ventanas and want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to share it with you. It is our pleasure and joy to pamper you on such a special occasion and we look forward to welcoming you back for your 1st anniversary celebration!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

One of the greatest resorts we ever stayed at! You will not lit a finger for anything! I prefer the shade and when one of the pool attendants would so much as see my foot in the sun he would run over and move the umbrella for me!! They will know your name, and remember it, after the first day. Yet even with this level of service, there was nothing intrusive about it. Gorgeous resort, beach, and pools. Rooms are fantastic!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ahornaday

Dear ahornaday,

Thank you very much for your lovely review about you stay with us last February. We are very proud to hear that you enjoyed the service from our team members, especially our pool butlers. I will make sure to pass along your comments to them.

Hopefully your travels will bring you back to Las Ventanas very soon.

Hasta Pronto!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

In January my husband and I planned a "splurge" trip to Las Ventanas al Paraiso to enjoy Spring Break with our college and high school daughters and to celebrate my 50th birthday. From the time we booked our reservations to the time we arrived on the property, I frequently visited the Las Ventanas website to dream about our vacation. Before and after booking I read reviews on TripAdvisor and other websites which raved about the resort, the service and the food. As our departure date approached I feared I had set my expectations too high for our 5 nights at Las Ventanas. From the moment we arrived and were greeted at the airport to the time we headed home and said goodbye to our escort at the airport, the Las Ventanas staff exceeded my ridiculously high expectations!! I will never forget my 50th birthday, which the staff celebrated with me for three days with warm wishes and special treats (upon arrival, on my birthday, and the day after)! Our room butlers - Tzitzi, Violeta and Ana were amazing. We interacted most with Tzitzi who anticipated our needs and provided terrific recommendations for dinners off property. I regret that I did not capture the name of every staff member with whom we interacted -- to a person they were all friendly, knowledgeable and helpful to a level I've never experienced. One day we rented a beach cabana, and Jesus provided impeccable service. I swear he got the whales to appear on command for us! One evening we had dinner and a movie on the beach. By far the best evening and memory for my family from any vacation. Unfortunately I do not recall the name of our fantastic beach butler for the evening. If management from Las Ventanas reads this our beach dinner for four was on 3/24/13 -- please give him our thanks! Special thanks to the staff at the Tequila, Ceviche and Sushi Bar. The Bar's staff takes pride in the drinks and food they creatively prepare and serve. We enjoyed many new tequila drinks -- who knew a mojito could be made with tequila and taste better than the rum version? The seafood was always fresh and beautifully presented.

I could go on forever . . . I can't wait to return to Las Ventanas!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank IndyTraveler525
Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a spectacular resort! It's beautiful, breath-taking, relaxing and the service is exceptional!!! The best service of any hotel we've ever stayed at. They truly make you feel like special guests. The food is also extraordinary.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Mary G

Dear Mary G,

Thank you for sharing your review with the trip advisor readers. It is such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed it. I will make sure the rest of the staff receives your comment.
Hope to pamper you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
The Resort at Pedregal
The Resort at Pedregal
#2 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!