“The great asian resorts have something to fear”

Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and i are world travelers who were looking for a quick getaway from Los Angeles when an unexpected block of time came available. We made a quick decision with high concern for the quality of the experience and the time it takes to get there. All of our expectations were exceeded. The flight was comfortable and short. The airport is lovely, cool and clean. Being picked up by the Mercedes G 500 and whisked away for the 20 minute ride to Las Ventanas is memorable. Ivan was a great driver and a respectful conversationalist. Arrival at the hotel is breathtaking and Roberto our butler, who had been in contact with us already by email, was there to greet us along with other members of the staff. Roberto escorted us to spectacular suite 802 with a gorgeous view of the ocean over its private infinity pool. It is perfection. During our whole time there we were constantly surprised by the attention to details and the care every member of the staff directed toward us. I have thought for years that the great hotels and resorts of Asia were at the top of the heap until this trip to Las Ventanas. The Landscape, the layout of pools, and facilities is beyond pleasing. This hotel is the true definition of the word luxury.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank blaine f
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Blaine f,
Thank you for having taken the time to post your review of your stay at Las Ventanas al Paraíso! I’m truly delighted to read that we achieved our goal in providing you with the best service, especially Ivan from transportation and Roberto your butler; I will gladly pass along your kind words.

All of us here at Las Ventanas look forward to pampering you again, soon in the warm and sunny shores of the Sea of Cortes!
Las Ventanas al Paraíso

Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

At the airport...before we met oure driver from the resort, a cab driver approached us and asked where we were staying. I told him Las Ventanas. His response was interesting...he said, "There is Cabo and then there is Las Ventanas. They will have a driver here to pick you up. They will meet you outside. Enjoy your stay!" I said, "Is the place nice?" And he said, "It is the finest in all of Cabo. You will not be disappointed!" That cab driver was not kidding! Las Ventanas is an incredible place where the rooms, the spa, the meals...the whole experience is simply wonderful. The visual beauty of the resort is breathtaking. Staff attention to detail is just second to none. Every need is attended to. Even the nightly turn down service was so much more than one would expect...the staff leaves each guest a token of their appreciation each night. You will want for nothing during your stay. If you're looking for peace and tranquility, a place where you can quietly spend time with that special someone, or sit in a lounge chair and read a book, Las Ventanas is the perfect place for you. The spa treatments...and we tried many...were outstanding. Contrary to another review that I read here, we thought the meals were excellent. The food was fresh...the atmosphere was romantic and we dined each night with an American Idol celebrity on one side, and a well recognized financial news personality on the other. Everyone, including the celebrities, enjoyed their space and privacy. During our entire 10-day stay, I never heard a single complaint from anyone! In short, the whole place exceeded our expectations! I would rank this property among the best of the 5-Star resorts that I have stayed at! Las Ventanas is a 5-Star resort so be prepared to pay. But rest assured, you will get more than substantial value for your money!

Room Tip: There are no rooms at Las Ventanas that would disappoint. All of the rooms are spectacular.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Greg S

Dear Greg S,
It was very kind of you to take the time to write such a lovely review of your visit to Las Ventanas! We hope to again be able to pamper you at every occasion the next time you return to your home in “Paraíso”.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Las Ventanas absolutely blew me away. I believe that they did everything in their power to make me feel valued, pampered, and special. From the moment they picked my husband and I up at the airport until the moment I stepped through the security at the airport on my way back, Las Ventanas was there, making sure I was having the best experience in my life. The attention to detail at the resort is mind-blowing. As an example, when we came back from our morning runs, the security guard at the gate would say a very warm hello (and then, I assume, would page to the main lobby), so when we got to the lobby, one of the staff members would stand at the entrance with a couple of towels and bottles of cold water.

There are a lot of people working at the resort and every single one of them, from the butler to the maintenance man, would stop to say hello and smile if you passed them by. Most of the people there called us by our names, even the ones we've never seen before.
The maid would never show up while you are in your room and she always added something she thought you were missing (needle and threads selected on your wardrobe, dental floss, etc).

Our room was stunning. Huge suite with a comfortable deck with infinity jacuzzi and another big observation/relaxation deck above the room. Two sinks, huge shower, separate bath tub, Bulgari amenities, aromatherapy selected on your preference, fresh fruit every day, and a cool tequila welcome on arrival.

The property itself is gorgeous, with amazing views of the ocean, 7 pools, 3 great restaurants and out-of-this-world spa.
Our 3 personal butlers did everything to make sure we were very comfortable and had everything we needed at all times.

As I was leaving (my husband had to stay another day for business), I was sent away with a cute present and 4 people standing and waving to the car I was leaving in. Then, at the airport, a Las Ventanas staff member approached me and helped me get checked in without standing in line and then taking me directly to security.

This resort was an absolute perfection! Window to Paradise is exactly what it is.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear DashkaC,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the accommodations and service you received from our Team Members. I will be happy to pass along your kind comments to the team in the morning meeting!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Las Ventanas is a gorgeous property, no doubt. Ocean views are amazing. Whale watching is exceptional. Service is phenomenal. If you are not in a couple and do not have an AARP card, this hotel is not for you. Talking at the pool was entirely frowned upon by other guests. No joke, one person was even knitting at the pool. After a few hours and being hushed - once by the manager while we were in our own private cabana!!! we seriously had to get out of there and head down town for some true vacation fun. Too expensive to not be able to let loose and enjoy yourself on vacation. Also, if you want to leave the property and go downtown, it is a $30 cab ride and about 30 minute ride.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
11  Thank Karen A
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I do not normally feel emotional when I'm heading home from a vacation. We typically enjoy our vacations but then look forward to getting back home. 6 years ago when we made our first trip to Las Ventanas, I cried when we had to get in the taxi to leave. I had the same experience this time. Not only is the property out of this world stunning, it is obvious from the moment you arrive that the staff are there to meet your every need and only too happy to do so. As one staff member told us "Nothing is impossible at Las Ventanas".
I don't believe we had a room butler 6 years ago and that has been a wonderful addition to their service. Our room butlers, Tzitzi and Oscar, were always available and happy to be at our service. And the list of staff who offered exemplary service could go on and on.
Las Ventanas has achieved perfection and we hope to be able to return regularly now that we are almost finished with tuition bills!

6  Thank Jo L
Reviewed February 11, 2013

When you pay $2000 a night for a room and you are woken up very other morning at 7:30am by the sound of the Gardner trimming the hedge in front of your room it is really annoying. Like getting your teeth drilled at the dentist. The sound is the sameTY please stop this insane practice at your otherwise perfect resort.

16  Thank Kenny S
Reviewed February 9, 2013

By far the loveliest beach resort we have ever been to. What can I tell you that the others have not mentioned? Well first of all- we took an ocean front suite on the pool level. Really unreal. The bath and dressing area were also gorgeous. Why- kind of felt like this was our own villa on the ocean- and it is a pristine beach. The fact that you have your own butler service is another plus that adds to the private villa feel. Jonathan Stein was also a real gem- professional and personable superb tennis instructor- worked with him daily. All the food was exceptional- really wonderful at every restaurant. This resort is elegant, refined, and immaculate. Staff from housekeeping to general manager was unpretentious, pleasant, and extremely accommodating. Definitely one of our top vacations. We also loved the indigenous art-work and landscaping throughout the property. Everywhere you turn the views/images were spectacular. This will become our yearly anniversary treat. <OK reviewers, go ahead and laugh! Daniel the manager asked if there was ANYTHING that could be needed or improved?- - so of course taking on this homework in a serious manner –HERE it is- -leave some candle snuffers in the suites! There are always candles burning which we LOVE- and we also love having a candle snuffer on-hand to put the flames to sleep! I bet that the next time we go - there will be candle snuffers in all the suites!>

4  Thank BusinessPr0fessi0nal
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Business Professional,
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us in "Paraíso". We will be honored to welcome you again next year to celebrate your wedding anniversary!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Grand Velas Los Cabos
Grand Velas Los Cabos
#1 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#5 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!