“MOST AMAZING PLACE WE HAVE EVER STAYED 100% SATISFACTION!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort

Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Miami, Florida
“MOST AMAZING PLACE WE HAVE EVER STAYED 100% SATISFACTION!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Ok so this is my first ever taking the time to write a review online period!!! But this by far is well deserved, this place is the #1 resort by far!!! We have stayed at many exclusive resorts including amanyara properties and this is by far the best!!!Not only that it is never really possible to find a amazing resort and find amazing food!!! but they have done it!!! I really cannot say amazing food enough!!! All three restaurants all amazing!! The service, the ambiance, the food, the rooms, the everything is 100%!!!! Lets just start off with our room being nothing short of spectacular!!! I was expecting a nice suite but this was like a condo!! it had two bathroom sinks and separate counters (his & hers) beautiful place and extremely clean!! Everytime i stepped away from my room i came back and it was perfect and cleaned what a nice change to experience!! Also they unpacked and organized all my stuff like it was myself doing so but sooo much better!! brenda was our butler and she is amazing!!! Also packed my stuff before departure so much better than i would have!! the packed plane lunch a must and delicious.. Ok soo here goes...

It was my boyfriends bday so upon arriving and being pleasantly greeted they had a birthday cupcake with a candle and of course welcome beverages for us!! What a great idea to go the extra mile!! then as requested had a balloon setup in room to welcome us!! The first night we ate at the tequila sushi bar!! we love sushi and this is the best sushi we have ever had!!! FRESh FRESH FRESH!!! HANDS DOWN!! You would never get this kind of freshness in america even as we eat at the top restaurants! they also will make you whatever you would like, which is great!!! The sea grill also delicious such fresh fresh food and simply grilled here!! Even on his birthday a monday the sushi was closed and we had been so bummed they found out we would like it and said no problem and went over and beyond what any place would do and had a person capable of doing so make us sushi at the time we requested!!! No place would ever do this!! Not only that the whold day of his bday they not only came up and was aware (every staff member) but they also put a birthday greeting in the daily newspaper and brought us happy bday chocolate strawberries by the pool! (which reminds me) also every day at pool they bring refreshments juice,popsicles,sorbet :), frozen fruits and water to you all day with evian face spritzer (amaze) then we went to the restaurant on his bday where there was a amazing ambiance and people playing music!! We enjoyed a amazing dinner .. I had the special "escolar" it was the most delicious piece of fish... did i say FRESH yet lol!!! and the waiter recommended risotto and veggies with it! it was the perfect combination!!! After our dinner they played happy birthday and brought out the most delicious chocolate cake!!!!! OOOh i almost forgot there is so much to write!!! But i cannot forget this :

THE BEACH CINEMA!!! A MUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will never experience anything like this in your life i guarantee!! I dunno how they thought of this but you are on the beach in this amazing bed with a smart tv and a bonfire and a candle pathway to your movie !!! They serve you appetizers and champagne and you can order food!! this by far is a must!! I cant even explain how great it was and our waiter "aldo"!! he was great we loved home!!!

Also the spa was amazing (eucalyptus steam room) and etc... was a++++
I could go on forever and never in my life thought i would be online writing a book of a review but this deserves it!!

A special thanks to all the staff!!! and to Brenda,Aldo, and many others also the great staff before i even arrived carlos and paulina which were so helpful in planning the bday for me and communication!!!! YOU WERE ALL AMAZING!!

Cant wait to come back and we will be back regularly!! already sad to be home we just got back late last night!!! :((((

service, staff, cleanliness, food a+++++++++++++++++

See you soon!!!
Nicole Barron & Conor

Room Tip: ALL SUITES ARE BEAUTIFUL we stayed over near the spa side it was private and very quiet!! Our suite...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Nicole D
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Nicole B,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I am delighted to hear that you had a good time and that you and your boyfriend got to celebrate his birthday the way you had hoped too. You are our guests in this Paradise and it is our pleasure to assist you whichever way we can to make your loved one's day special. Appreciate the special thanks to all the staff!!! We can only make this happen if we work as a team.
We look forward to having you with us again soon!
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This has always been a great property, returned for Thanksgiving week, and no doubt it is better than ever. The pool / beach service, room service, and spa make Las Ventanas the most exclusive property in Cabo. Will be back very soon.

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank BobG87
Dear BobG87,
It makes us very happy that you chose to stay with us once more and that you, once again, enjoyed your time at Las Ventanas! Look forward to having you back soon!
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Spectacular. Gorgeous. Great service. Amazing food. Yeah yeah, all that. I won't repeat what countless others have said on this website, so instead I'll try to give some info that I did not see in others' reviews.

Sea Grill: You could seriously eat every meal of a weeklong trip (aside from breakfast) at this one restaurant, and have something new and spectacular every single time. They have a raw bar featuring all sorts of fresh seafood and there's always a special ceviche of the day. Delish. Burgers, pizzas, flatbreads, salads. And the tacos. Oh the tacos. Steak. Shrimp. Fish. Chicken. Whatever you want, seriously, it's all awesome. Monday night was molcajete night. Absolutely amazing stuff, if you only eat there one night it's gotta be Monday night. The wine list is enormous. Finding a bottle of red under $60 was quite the task, but we managed to find a few. They serve the wine at the perfect temperature. It's just such a top notch dining experience all the way around, and again I can't stress this enough, you cannot get bored of the food at this restaurant because the menu is enormous and constantly changing. We ate there every single day for lunch (mostly at our pool chairs) and for 3 out of 5 dinners. It's just not worth the trek in to town when you factor in the $60 of roundtrip cabs (although we did go to La Golondrina one night and did not regret that).

We ate at The Restaurant and the sushi/ceviche bar as well, both were also excellent. I personally am not a fan of being made to wear pants of any sort when I am on vacation like this (The Restaurant requires slacks for gentlemen), but that's just me. We ordered a few continental breakfasts to the room, the pastries were out of control good, fresh juice, seriously I'm getting depressed thinking about going home to my egg whites and water regimen. I cannot fathom how much weight I gained this week.

Rooms: We got upgraded to the Oceanview king with the jacuzzi on the balcony and rooftop deck. Unreal, seriously the greatest room I've ever stayed in. You will be tempted to keep your terrace doors open for that indoor/outdoor vibe, but I think you shouldn't do that really. There are all sorts of flying insects, some as big as birds, and they have no fear about flying right in to your room. Our room had an amazing amount of privacy, but be warned, there are several rooms we saw that were not private at all. The ones that were near the pool (my guess is that these are considered the ocean front category?), on the ground level, you could literally see right in to the rooms if the curtains were open and I could have a conversation in hushed tones with the people who were eating outside on their terrace while I lounged in my pool chair. What's the point of having an ocean view if you have to keep your curtains closed all day? The nice thing about those rooms is they are right near the pool, but the 3 minute hike to my private palace was well worth it. I would request to be in buildings away from the pool if you are on the ground floor. If you are shown to a room like this, ask if they have other options. There's no harm in asking. Also, be advised that many of these suites have 2 Queens rather than a King. We thought we were confirmed for a king, but it only said "requested" on our reservation. Luckily we got the upgrade, just keep it in mind (if you like sleeping in the same bed as your spouse, that is, but your sleeping arrangements are really none of my business).

Wifi: Easily accessible from anywhere in the resort, including the pool. Blessing and a curse.

Gym: Very well appointed, a little weight area, tons of cardio equipment. Would be better if it had a little nicer view, but hotels rarely dedicate crucial view space to the gym. As for long walks, we did ours out on the beach. It's some tough walking. The packed sand is on a very steep incline and the flat area is soft sand with a lot of broken sea shells. Didn't really see any other walking paths.

Activities: I'm not giving you this info from experience, because we did not leave the pool for 5 straight days. But here's what we heard about that sounded fun. The hotel will arrange a fishing trip for you. Whatever you catch, you can bring back to the resort and they'll grill it up for you to eat for lunch. Horseback riding on the beach looked easily accessible, just roll out there and I'm sure you can give it a whirl. We heard the ATV tour was a lot of fun as well.

Souvenirs: You do not need to go in to town to purchase some garbage for your kids. There are vendors out on the beach constantly (easy to waive off though). The airport also has loads of stuff.

We've stayed at Four Seasons Maui, Four Seasons Big Island, La Samanna (St Maarten) and many other 5 star resorts. This tops them all. I wish Trip Advisor would let me give LVP 6 stars. Coming from LA, the choice between Cabo and anywhere in Hawaii is basically a no brainer for me at this point. Not to say I'll never go back to Hawaii, but Cabo is way closer in terms of air travel (2 hour flight vs 5-6!), the food is more unique and memorable, the people are charming and friendly. We will be back. Oh yes, we will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not near the pool, there is no privacy in the rooms near the pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
8 Thank trailerguy
Dear trailerguy,
Thank you for sharing your experiences and comments! We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your stay with us and how you experienced the different aspects of Las Ventanas Al Paraiso. We look forward to welcoming you back to our little Paradise!
vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The best of the best. Gorgeous location and The Sea Grill was amazing. The setting is to die for- cocktails in all 3 restaurants were fabulous as well as the meals. We enjoyed The Sea Grill the most our of the 3 places to eat on property. Servers were very friendly and efficient.

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank skidog88
Dear Skidog88,
Thank you for sharing your experiences in The Sea Grill. It is always nice to hear guest´s appreciation and to know that they enjoyed themselves.
Looking forward to welcoming you back next time in Paradise!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have nothing much to say except this deserves the top rating of this site and we concur with all the five star ratings!

We have decided to celebrate thanks giving (and we're not even American :-) & our wedding anniversary every year with Las Ventanas. Any anticipated remote disappoint was swiftly sorted out to more than our expectation.

Don't bother leaving the resort. The restaurants are amazing and there are more then enough activities to keep you occupied. We left for two hours and I'm afraid to say .... It's two hours of our time in Las Ventanas we will never get back.

A special thank you to Daniel for making our honeymoon so special and looking after us so well. Also Armando at the Ceviche Bar - your food recommendations were amazing (and so were your drinks!).

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OHendo F
Dear OHendo F,
How wonderful to hear that you will be celebrating these events with us every year! I will make sure to pass your lovely comments to the rest of our team.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family and I just spent Thanksgiving week at Las Ventanas. The beauty, the service, the friendliness of the staff is second to none. Whether it's dining, the spa, lying by the pool or securing an activity outside the grounds, Las Ventanas does its best to make your experience 5 stars.

1 Thank Robert M
Dear Robert M,
We really appreciate your comments regarding Las Ventanas and will keep working on making your experiences at this hotel unforgettable.
Hasta pronto!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband actually just posted a review the other day which I completely did not know about until I just logged in to rate our stays at both Las Ventanas and the One & Only. Regardless, I still would like to write my own review and thoughts on our stay!

Let me start by saying this - Las Ventanas is not for the traveler looking for a inexpensive or budget vacation; it will definitely will cost you a pretty penny however, in my opinion our five days there was worth every penny!

I apologize in advance for the length of my review; but I really hope it is helpful to some of you trying to decide if you should go or not. I spent months planning my now husband and I's honeymoon. I researched high and low for the best place for us to go. I knew we wanted something easy to get to. After many recommendations from friends we settled on Cabo...and then began the task of figuring out which resort. Cabo definitely has its finer resorts...Esperanza, Capella, One & Only, Las Ventanas....where to stay where to stay...we settled on 5 days at Las Ventanas followed by 5 days at the One & Only. I can't speak for the other resorts but I can for these two.

First of all...there really is NO comparison here. The only three things that the One & Only has which Las Ventanas does not is a more tropical lush landscaping, fitness classes, and a beach that you can swim in. If you want a family vacation (i.e.- kids) go to the One & Only - if you want a romantic getaway go to Las Ventanas.

I don't want to spoil your trip by telling you all of their secrets but the quality and level of service is beyond comprehension...every little detail has been given much thought and an even more perfect execution. Our butlers Anna and Milagros were phenomenal and took care of our every need. I forgot my camera at home and they printed out a list of available camera's at the local costco and then sent someone to pick it up for us! Every time we turned around we were being pampered!

Furthermore by the time we left I felt like every staff member knew our names and greeted us as if they had known us for a very long time - so kind and such big hearts!

A couple of recommendations for those of you going -

1) definitely reserve a full day cabana (I think it was $300/day) they are so totally worth it...you have your own private plunge pool and lounge chairs on the beach. We would get to ours around 8am and not leave until 5ish...they were a BIG highlight of our trip. There are only 3 of them though...so reserve it in advance!

2) You really never need to leave the resort for dinners. Every night they have different "themes" - i.e. - Taco night, Prime Rib night, BBQ show (which is another rec below!). The food is AMAZING! I am so craving the yogurt with agave and pumpkin seeds every morning right now - and then there is this salad they make with pumpkin seeds and this chile dressing....I am trying to get the recipe....ate it every day for lunch! We left the resort one night and regretted it!

3) The BBQ show & dinner on Thursday - if you haven't been you must go....food and entertainment is fabulous!

4) Private dinner on the beach - if you are going for a special occasion...we definitely loved this treat!

I honestly could go on and on....this far exceeded our expectations and we are already trying to figure out when we can go back and bring family or friends with us!

One minor recommendation for management - there weren't many children, just a handful...but I highly recommend not allowing them near the cabana's. We had one day where there were two small children playing truck - screaming and yelling right in front of us. My husband mentioned something to our cabana butler who was extremely professional and courteous. He spoke to the nanny and relocated the children further down the beach while also discounting our cabana for the day - which was totally unnecessary but another example of the level of customer service/satisfaction here.

Bottom line - if you are trying to decide where to go for a little romantic getaway...honestly...you won't regret Las Ventanas!! I will never understand how they are not ranked above One & Only! I think everywhere we go know we will be comparing it to this place....can't wait to return!

Room Tip: beach view is spectacular!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ona P
Dear Ona P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will take your recommendation into account.
Hope to welcome you to this lovely Paradise again soon and to have the opportunity to pamper your family and friends as well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#2 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 stars 1,192 reviews

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!