“One of the best places you can stay”

Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I travel frequently and have stayed in other high rated locations, but Las Ventanas is by far the best hotel I have stayed. It was a mini vacation with my wife, and we both enjoyed the hotel. The room was excellent, the service was outstanding all the time, and the attention to detail was also excellent and with good taste. We had a suite - king size, which was very good size and great view, it had a telescope and nice terrace. The hotel is small and mostly couples, the food was very good. This is not a cheap place, but its worth a dollar. I hope you enjoy it.

Room Tip: If you can stay in a second floor suite, it has a private terrace and has great view.
1  Thank MV_Trotamundos
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear MV_Trotamundos,
Thank you for having taken the time to post you review of your recent stay at Las Ventanas al Paraíso! I am truly delighted that we were able to provide you with the best service and accommodations; I will gladly pass along your lovely words to all our team members.

All of us here at Las Ventanas look forward to pampering you again in the warm and sunny shores of the Sea of Cortes!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at many amazing resorts and were truly blown away by our experience at the Las Ventanas. The service is flawless...the minute you ask for something it arrives. For instance, my husband simply asked in conversation, "so can you fish on the beach here." The gentleman responded, "I'm not sure." and in exactly 3 minutes there was a fishing pole delivered to our room. Another example, we selected a movie from their DVD collection and as we were walking back to our room to watch it, the butler for our room (every room has a private butler) was waiting for us with a freshly popped bowl of popcorn. Another example- they clean your sunglasses while you are lounging by the pool. Another example- they constantly walk around the pool and bring you treats, like freshly squeezed juices, ice cream, frozen grapes. Another example- they have a sewing kit made just for you- based on the color of clothes in your closet. The dining experience is amazing!! There is a waiter per table and they meet your every need. Your water glass will never reach half empty because they constantly fill it. They will make you anything you crave. Basically, at the Las Ventanas, all you have to do is simply ASK and they will grant your every wish!!
I can not say enough about this resort. You definately have to stay in a room with a roof top terrace and contact the romance department to "sleep under the stars." It was the most amazing experience. When we left, my husband and I hugged everyone and knew all the staff by name. We felt like we had known them for years. And to top it all off, when we got to Cabo airport to fly back home, a staff from Las Ventanas greeted us curb side, grabbed our luggage and took care of our check in. I have stayed at the Esperanza, the One and Only Palmilla and all I can say is that the Las Ventanas is in a league of its own! Yes, it is expensive but it is truly worth every dime.

Room Tip: ocean view with roof top terrace
4  Thank susanSmith123
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear SusanSmith123, Thank you for your review of Las Ventanas al Paraíso! We are thrilled to read your lovely words, especially regarding the service you received from our team members! We hope you will give us the opportunity to pamper you again in Paradise! Hasta Pronto!!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights and we were seeking relaxation and good food. The ambience, food and service were simply the best we've ever experienced, (e.g. Would you like a refreshing towel? Can I clean your sunglasses for you? ... and without being asked the staff around the pool would bring fresh ice, water and cool evian spray and also move the umbrella to keep us shaded).

1  Thank ms2020
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear ms2020,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are truly delighted to hear that you had the "Best Resort experience ever".

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Las Ventanas al Paraíso very soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Just returned from a wedding in Cabo and stayed at Las Ventanas Al Paraiso. This is truly a wonderful place to stay. From the time I arrived at the property, where I was greeted by 5 staff people and a margarita, to the time I left, I was treated like a queen. The staff couldn't do enough for me and I felt as if they really meant it when they said it would be their pleasure. There isn't much I didn't love about this hotel. The grounds are lovely and very well maintained, the rooms are well appointed. I stayed in an oceanfront rooftop terrance junior suite. The view was unbelievable and going to sleep each night to the sound of the ocean was spectacular! I love the added touches in the room also; like the insenses in the bathroom or being able to see the ocean from the soaking tub in the bathroom. The tequila that they give you complimentary for tasting was great.

I ate at all of the reataurants and the only complaint I have is that they need more restaurants. The food was fabulous and again, the service was great, even for a large group. I think my most enjoyable meal was drinking tequila and eating sushi at the tequila bar my first night. Since I was a solo traveller, I didn't arrange for dining on the beach, but I did see some couples and groups taking advantage of this and it looked very romantic, right down to the candle lit path to the table. There was a beach party as part of the wedding festivties, and it was very well done. Counches and tables all sit up for us right on the sand and again, the food and drinks were the best. Small complaint was we had to end at 11 but everyone wanted to keep going.

The exercise room and spa were great. The equipment was well maintained and I didn't have a problem getting on any of it. The spa is small, be well appointed. I had a fusion massage for 90 minutes and felt like butter afterwards. It was one of the best massages I ever had! The hotel has a few swimming pools to choose from. One of the wedding guest had a 3 bedroom villa which comes with a pool, and I found myself spending a lot of time there. It was very nice. The swim up bar is a nice touch also. But these are not great pools for swimming laps. Also, while the beach was nice (especially after the sun goes down), the waters surrounding the hotel are not swimable. There might be other areas in Cabo where the waters are safer to swim in, but not near this hotel.

While everything was more than i had expected, it does come at a price. I think I needed a maragrita when I got my final bill :). But I knew going there it would be expensive and didn't let it spoil the fun. If I was looking for a regular hotel experience, I could have stayed at the Hilton next door (nice hotel too however), but this was an exceptional experience and a costly one. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone (maybe not those with kids, although the staff does make them feel welcome), especially those on a honeymoon or getting married. But if you are the type that will get upset about $35 for fish tacos or $40 for breakfast, then you shouldn't stay here. But for me, it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: If possible get one of the beachfront suites
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank DeeJon
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear DeeJon,
It was very kind of you to take the time to write such a lovely and detailed review of your recent visit to Las Ventanas al Paraíso. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our accommodations and service you received from our Team Members.
All of us at Las Ventanas truly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and enjoy a delicious Margarita and Sushi!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and i had part of our honeymoon at Las Ventanas back in 2006. We have stayed at One and Only resorts and Taj Exotica resorts all over the world along with other places. This is still the finest. most romatic resort we have ever stayed at. It's attention to every detail is world class. You are left feeling very special. The spa is amongst one of the best we have ever attended. This is from seasoned travellers.

Room Tip: We had a suite with roof terrace, perfect for evening star gazing
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear LonsonScorer,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed a romantic time with us!
At Las Ventanas al Paraíso we believe every part of your experience is equally important and strive to make it the best it can be.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We just spent our vacation in this amazing place. Everything was fantastic with attentions on details. Staff are super nice and always ready to help you for any inquiries.
nothing to add it's just the best. perfect for honeymooners

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martina M
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have stayed at Las Ventanas three times now. All other resorts are ruined for me permanently. What makes Las Ventanas so indescribably sumptuous? In a word; service. True, the grounds are impeccable. Yes, the cuisine is delectable. Certainly, the spa is top-notch. But you have not experienced extraordinary service until you've experienced it LVAP style.

We were greeted at the airport by three chauffeurs with three luxury SUVs for our family of seven. Inside? Cool towels, chilled water, and traditional Mexican sweets. Upon arrival at LVAP a short ride later, we were greeted by a row of bellhops, our personal butler, and the concierge, all waving and smiling. Our luggage was quickly whisked up to our suite while we were offered foamy citrus beverages. At this point, everything becomes a blurr as I entered what can only be described as an altered state of reality.

In our suite, a private rooftop plunge pool awaited with an outdoor shower and lounge chairs. At night we relaxed in the infinity edge spa. Breakfast on the terrace overlooking the resort gave the impression that we were overlooking a Greek island of whitewashed villas perched on the Mediterranean. Each morning our butler, Roberto ensured that our breakfast order was to our satisfaction, and each morning it was delightful. Every detail here is noticed by the staff. Roberto even noticed that I use a sinful amount of Equal in my coffee.... do they count the packets I wonder?... for the rest of my stay there was always a stash of blue packets handy.

Down at the pool, even at full capacity, the five of us adults had no trouble finding a grouping of lounge chairs together. Although if we had wanted more privacy I noticed three other empty pools on the property without a single swimmer or lounger in sight. There were telescopes and binoculars at hand to spy on the migrating whales just offshore, but at times I wondered if the staff were spying on us. No sooner had I turned around to see if I could flag down a server than someone magically appeared to ask if they could help. It seems as if the staff here appear out of thin air and then, like ghosts, disappear. My family has marveled at this for years and I enjoyed the mystique of it so much, I almost hesitate to reveal the magic of it. Oh but it's just so fantastic, I can't resist.... There is actually a system of hidden underground tunnels that the staff use to navigate the grounds. So while I'm strolling down to the pool, the housekeepers and groundsmen are busy in tunnels below carting linens and gardening tools to various locations. I swear, they are stealthier than the secret service sometimes.

On our second day, I realized that I had forgotten my book. I asked Roberto if they had any books to loan as they had the first time I visited. No, they don't do that any more. Now they have kindles with almost any book you could want preloaded. They had the one I was looking for, no problem.

The sushi bar was phenomenal, the poolside grill had the best ceviche I've tasted. The tequila was savory in every form. There wasn't a meal here that didn't make my mouth water for more.

Would you like to take an excursion? Not a problem. The LVAP staff hooked us up with a scuba tour for the grown ups and a dolphin encounter for the kids. Everything was arranged before we arrived. Both were fantastic. To be honest though, when we return, I think I'll skip the excursions. The resort is so beautiful, I never really wanted to leave. If you don't enjoy relaxing by a sparkling fresh infinity edge pool overlooking the ocean while butlers mysteriously appear with ice buckets of Evian mist and chilled sunscreen then this is not the place for you. If you find it annoying that a butler might quietly adjust your umbrella to ensure that you remain shaded as the sun creeps overhead when you doze off in your lounge chair, stay away. If having every service request answered with "my pleasure" and a smile that is so convincingly genuine that you leave wondering if all the staff there are on happy pills sounds like a bore, then pick another spot for R and R. This place is simply unreal. For goodness sake, they even clean your sunglasses for you and make sure the robe in your room is just your size before you arrive. For someone 5'3" like me, it was the first time I've had a hotel robe that I didn't trip over. How do they know? Did they rush upstairs while I was siping my foamy lemon thingy and change it out? I just enjoy the wondering.

The other day a friend asked me if I could choose how to die, how would I go. I told him in a lounge chair on my last day at Las Ventanas al Paraiso. After all, it is named "Windows to Paradise". Although if I die there, I might miss the coolest surprise of the service experience which you don't figure out until you get home.... but I won't spoil that one for you ;)

Room Tip: Every room is phenomenal. I've stayed in the oceanfront junior suite, the Penthouse (presidentia...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank ETurley

Dear ETurley,
Wow!! What a wonderful review! It is a pleasure to hear we achieved our goal of providing the ultimate service and guest experience.
I passed along your feedback to all of our team members, they were so proud to have earned such positive comments about your stay with your family at Las Ventanas al Paraíso.
All of us here at Las Ventanas look forward to pampering you again soon in your home in Paradise!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
The Resort at Pedregal
The Resort at Pedregal
#2 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!