“Cannot wait to return.”

Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed September 12, 2011

It will be hard to top this trip. Everything was perfect...from the oceanview villa room to the attentive, yet unobtrusive service. The cuisine was also top notch. But, best of all, the fitness facility had every gadget and piece of equipment you could think of.....plus the tennis courts were in great shape and well stocked (balls, racquets, cold water, towels, water spritzer). Other resorts that bill themselves as five stars somehow manage to overlook the fact that well-heeled travelers appreciate having everything they have at home when it comes to working out. Thank you Las Ventanas, we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Dear Flojo43:

Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted that you “Cannot wait to return”.

At Las Ventanas al Paraíso we believe every part of your experience is equally important and strive to make it the best it can be.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Las Ventanas.

Managing Director.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed September 8, 2011

I recently stayed 5 days at Las Ventanas, VERY EXPENSIVE considering the service was good but it was not exceptional as in other resorts I have stayed for the same price. Definitely, the place did not meet my expectations.

The place is beautiful, people are nice but they will charge you for everything, I mean EVERYTHING and at an unjustified price. For example, expect to pay $12 dlls for a small basket of tortilla chips (really? Everywhere else in the world they are complementary when you order drinks!) expect to pay for bottled water in your room (apparently the hotels I stay on business trips are better managing their business since they can afford giving you TWO bottles for free every day)…and on top of that they will try to sell you everything. Also, I tought the transportation they offer to the Airport was ridicule expensive.

I have stayed at same price level hotels at the Maldives, Bora Bora and Fiji and I have never felt “squeezed” as I felt in this hotel.

The people that have said is worth every penny, probably do not know any better.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MHdz

Dear mhdz:

Thank you for your comments, and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Love to have the opportunity to chat about your experience and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you like.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Do we really need one more review of Las Ventanas... Probably not, but I will echo what everyone else has said... We stay at a lot of what would probably be considered comparable resorts, but I have only stayed at one place which compared to this and that was a small game reserve in Africa called Londolozzi, where there was nearly a 1:1 staff to guest ratio... so that is definitely saying something.

The service is amazing. We were there for our anniversary, and I would literally be walking through the pool area, and someone who I had met just once upon check-in 3 days earlier stopped me, called me by name, and wanted to make sure our anniversary trip was going well.

The food was out of this world (Expensive, but ooooh so good). The drinks were also very delicious.

The room was beautiful as were the grounds

It certainly is on the pricey side, but to paraphrase Ferris Bueller:

If you have the means, I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gardine

Dear Gardine:

Congratulations again on your Anniversary!

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Las Ventanas al Paraíso.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments, particularly regarding the food and Service.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Las Ventanas very soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

this is one of the best resorts I have been with my family. The service, accommodation, pool are all great. The service is at the level of FS or Hyatt Park. Just amazing especially as it's quite difficult to reach such a level in Mexico. Of course price is quite steep but at least you are getting something for it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank scoi00
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I spent 5 days at the Las Ventanas Rosewood resort this August. This was one of the best vacations I have ever taken.

The resort is absolutely stunning - rooms are spacious, extremely clean, organized and homey. The service is untoppable. Our butlers Ana and Claudia were excellent and attended to our every need.

If anyone is looking for a vacation where they can just relax, sit by the pool, soak in the sun, have drinks/food being served to you all day, enjoy excellent service and really rejuvenate, Las Ventanas is the best place to do so!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My husband and I just returned last night from a week-long trip to Las Ventanas and I am unbelievably sad that we are still not there. The words amazing, awesome, wonderful, magical, etc. just do not do this place justice. Warning: be prepared for a long (and glowing) review.

We had originally booked four nights, but after the second night, decided to extend by another three, so we stayed for a total of seven nights: the first four in an oceanview rooftop terrace suite and the last three in an oceanview gardenview suite. Please note that they had offered us an upgrade to an oceanview suite from the garden suite but
we really liked the building we were in and very fortunately, we were only moving to the room directly below us.

We spent our first night in Cabo at the Westin, using a free resort night that I had earned, so just took a $10 cab ride from the Westin to LVP. My husband and I were (positively) overwhelmed with how warm and friendly everyone was. It was so cute when they wished us a happy anniversary (which was the reason for our vacation), and the references to our anniversary continued throughout the majority of our stay. When I booked the reservation, the reservations lady had recommended the 700s building. However, the butler (Brenda) that was taking us to our suite advised that the spa was undergoing construction and they had the exact same suite in the 400s building that we could switch to if we wanted. The rooms were indeed exactly identical and the 400s building won out because it was so close to the adult pool, which I wanted easy access to, given my suntan MO. That was only the beginning of paradise. We spent a couple of hours at the adult pool, laying on benches that had a direct view of the beach. The other reviews don't lie when they say they give you buckets of iced water and evian spray, move your umbrella, adjust your chair constantly. The service was nothing like I've ever experienced at a resort. My husband and I usually only stay at four-star places but knew it was time after six years of marriage to step it up. And boy were we glad we did! We were debating between LVP, One and Only and Esperanza but something just drew us both to LVP, much of which were the reviews here and in the forums.

We had made arrangements for dinner for three of the four nights of our original reservation. To try and keep things efficient, breakfast was wonderful, flavorful and the wait staff at the Restaurant were always so nice, polite and attentive. I loved how they addressed me as seniorita (instead of senora, even though they knew I was there with my husband). Claudia at the Restaurant was such a sweet and caring hostess - I always loved to see her upon our arrivals. There is not one server at the Restaurant that didn't do everything they could to make us feel special and like VIPs.

We took advantage of the chef's tasting menu in La Cava and it was TRULY OUTSTANDING. It was also extra special because it had been my understanding that there was a minimum of six people needed for the dinner to take place. Imagine our surprise (and delight) when we arrived and were told it was an intimate dinner for just the two of us, hosted by sous chef, Victor and awesome sommelier Alejandro. The courses and pairings were truly divine and being from the SF Bay Area, we had high expectations wine (and food) wise. One of the most enjoyable parts of that dinner was Carlos sharing his passion for tequila and explaining the differences in the different types. The meal and wine were so awesome that my husband and I pretty much passed out in our room after brushing our teeth. We really enjoyed the Friday night surf and turf dinner offered at the Restaurant as well. Such a great time and excellent service again.

After our fourth night (which was the first day of the extended portion of our trip), we basically spent the whole day watching movies and TV and ordered room service for all three meals. The room service was outstanding, food was timely and overall a nice break from eating in an outdoor setting for five days straight.

There was one night where we ate at Tequila, the sushi bar, and they surprised us with THE MOST DELICIOUS chocolate cake for our anniversary. It was pretty hot that night, so we decided to take it to our room, with one of the waiters insisting that he walk back with us, holding the cake for us. When we got to the room, we found that the romance department had drawn a bubble bath with red rose petals (and not at the request of my husband or myself), but just another touch of the above and beyond level of service. This place truly knows how to pay attention in such small and subtle ways. I never once thought it was fake or creepy, but always saw it as cute and extremely genuine. One time, I tried to count the seconds it took for the pool staff to come running when I was about to make an adjustment to my lounge chair - these guys don't mess around! :)

There are so many other things that I am leaving out of this review that made this trip special, but I cannot forget the individual who truly made all the difference, and that was the guest experience manager, Mario Arriaga. Mario truly exemplifies the spirit and level of service that LVP is known for. He would check on us every day to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and always made us feel like we were the most special people on the resort. He even made a comment that all of the guests at LVP are celebrities and looking back, he and all of the staff truly made us feel that way. Mario was truly our favorite staff member, and that is saying a lot because everyone else was pretty spectacular.

Other things to note - their gym was wonderful and that is mainly because they had 4 SPIN bikes, which is pretty much the only thing I do these days. The gym is super clean, very attentive staff and awesome updated machines. I saw a Pilates reformer machine in the back and they had BOSUs, bands, etc. as well. Their gym was so nice that my husband and I worked out mostly every day (and that is unheard of for me).

As for the room, both of them were excellent and I highly recommend requesting one of the corner suites for additional access to your room. My husband and I didn't use the rooftop terrace as much as we thought we would and did not use the jacuzzi, so the gardenview suite we switched to worked out perfectly. There is definitely less privacy with the oceanfront suites at the ground level of the 200s and 300s building so if we were to ever stay in those buildings, we would want the rooftop terrace (and of course, one of the corner rooms). Turndown service was excellent, as were the amenities and I really appreciated the aromatherapy every night.

We spent a fair amount of money on this trip, but have no regrets and truly feel that it was worth it - and seriously beyond our very high expectations. Looking forward to going back and truly can't see how I could ever return to Cabo and NOT stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank deeannv19

Dear deeannv19:

It was very kind of you to take the time to write such a lovely review of your visit to Las Ventanas. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service you received from our Team Members, particularly guest experience manager Mario, Claudia at The Restaurant, sommelier Alejandro and tequila master Carlos.

All of us at Las Ventanas truly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

The hotel service is incredible! They really go the extra mile to make you feel spoiled.
Daniel the resort manager and his staff are wonderful. Edgar, Wilfredo and the pool attendants could not do enough for us...You could not make a move without them running over to help you. I traveled with my friend and most the reviews said it was a very romantic resort , so I thought it would be uncomfortable, Yes it is a wonderful place for couples also for families and friends. We had a wonderful time and felt very comfortable.
Our Butlers Brenda and Omar were there when ever we needed them.
The food was great I loved the Sea Grill. Everything about LV was amazing it was the most relaxing vacation I have ever been on.
It was like a piece of Heaven on Earth. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
#7 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
4 mi away
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Grand Velas Los Cabos
Grand Velas Los Cabos
#1 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!