My wife and I recently stayed here for a week's vacation at the end of October. It was our first resort trip to Mexico and first time at an AI. BLUF, it was a fantastic experience, we loved every minute of it, and would go back again in a heartbeat. There was nothing that didn't meet our expectations and much that exceeded it. We were looking for a relaxing week with no planning required and received exactly that. The staff was amazing, the food was great, and the amenities were superb.
Check-in process: pretty quick although we did wait about 15 minutes for our room to be ready. During that time, someone gave us an overview of the resort, some coupons, and an invitation to the hotel's 'membership' breakfast. We agreed to the sales-pitch breakfast in exchange for a $250 spa credit. It took about 90 minutes the next morning at Dreams.
Room: We stayed in an 'ocean view' suite (237). It was partially behind an outdoor tower/staircase so our view of the grounds was slightly blocked but it was still a beautiful view. The room was large, the bathroom and shower were large, and everything was really nice. There was a flat screen TV, mini-fridge, patio, big closets, and everything else we could want. We received turn-down service every night but there were two days where we didn't get maid service during the day.
Amenities: The infinity pool is pretty incredible. We are early risers so we were down by the pool around 9:00-9:30 every day and had no troubles getting pool side lounge chairs with an umbrella. The seats did fill up fast so there were guests who waited for umbrellas or pool side seats. The grounds are beautiful and the hotel itself is very appealing. The gym looked nice (although we didn't utilize it). The spa was good, not great, and we used our credit towards two, 50 minute massages (which were quite strong). The beach is good for walking but not for swimming. It's very steep and the surf is rough. A few people braved the surf in front the hotel but some unwary people were rolled up unexpectedly. There was a small cove down the beach in front of Hilton were we did go swimming.
Activities: The entertainment staff had constant activities from archery to aqua zumba to tequila tasting throughout the day. There were prizes (sunset cruises, excursions) for the winners of some things and we had a great time participating. The evening festivities were entertaining (Mexican dancing, live music, fire dancing, etc.)
Food/Drink: I think we ate ceviche at least once a day. The seafood was fantastic and the rest of the items we tried were also very good. Our least favorite meal was at Spice and our favorite was the French restaurant. My wife is gluten free and they were accommodating to her at every place and several waiters were super helpful with modifications and alternatives. All in all, we were very happy with all the food. The drinks were also great. All the top shelf options were available and the couple specialty drinks I tried were excellent.
Service: the front desk staff and concierge are super helpful and accommodating. The bartenders and pool attendants were awesome and worked really hard. The waiters were a mix of good and great. The entertainment staff was exciting and were successful in making all the events enjoyable.
Location: The resort is located in the 'corridor' so it's not by anything. We took both a taxi and the public bus (an adventure) to San Lucas which was about 20-30 minutes. Splitting a taxi cost us about 25 bucks round trip and the bus was only 8. It was a good mid-week getaway and we checked out the fishing tournament and some of the bars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa San Jose Del Cabo