“Will be back!!”

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
“Will be back!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great adult only resort in Cabo. It's a bit far from the city so a taxi cost 25 each way unless you want to take the bus. All inclusive food was fantastic! Make sure you get reservations for the better restaurants on site because they fill up fast. Also no junky liquor brands served. Will stay again next year!!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Jvt3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have been to lots of all inclusive hotels in Mexico, and this one was by far the best one we have ever stayed at. Not only was the property impeccably taken care of, but the beds were comfy, the staff accommodating and helpful, but the views were amazing!! We only stayed for 3 nights, as that is the usual maximum i can take for an all inclusive in Mexico; however, it was far too short for this property, we wanted to stay for a couple more days!
If you are planning a trip here, just be careful to read the dress code before zipping up your suitcase for the last time if you want to enjoy all they have to offer.

Room Tip: they are all amazing, we visited several with friends along the trip, but we had a room on the top f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah P
North Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Secrets Marquis 8/10/13 to 8/17/13 and had a wonderful time. It was our first time to Cabo and our second all-inclusive resort. We met several other couples by the pool and hung out with them the entire week. We loved the pools, atmosphere, and food. There was nothing we were served to eat or drink that we did not like. The servers at the pool were generally very quick to bring you drinks and food. Some of the fruity drinks were weak for my taste so I always just asked for it with extra liquor and they accomadated me every time without questioning me. They also would randomly bring us drinks even when we didn't ask for them b/c they knew us after a few days and knew what we liked. Everything was great.

We had a room on the 4th floor which was very nice and the view was awesome. I loved watching the sun rise every morning on our balcony with the freshly squeezed orange juice, sweet rolls and a fruit plate that was delivered every morning to our nook in our room around 6:30am. I asked for orange juice b/c we are not coffee drinkers and they were pleased to grant my request. Everyone who worked there was super nice and helpful. I loved all the intricate marble and stone accent detail around the resort and they kept the landscaping and all common areas very well maintained. As I watched the sunrise each morning I could see all the workers down by the pools cleaning and getting everything ready for the day. The workers all worked hard and were nice.

The Mexican themed buffet and show they put on every Saturday night was great. I tried several new foods that I never had and really enjoyed all of them. The show was also very good and really the best show the entire week we were there so don't miss it. We also enjoyed the pub crawl that the hotel organizes every Sunday and Wednesday night for $20 per person that includes transportation and shots (kamakazee/fruit type shots) at each bar. We went on the pub crawl with several other couples we met at the hotel on a Wed night and had a lot of fun. However, they should call it a "night club" crawl vs pub crawl. We are in our mid 40s and enjoyed the music and atmosphere better at the first and last night clubs and could have skipped the other 2 if we had known where we were going to end up to meet the rest of the group. We went to downtown Cabo a couple other times on our own by using taxis ($25 each way) and had a great time and some great meals in Cabo.

We loved the breakfast buffet every morning before going to the pool. The food eas great and so many options. Every day they had sevearl of the same items but then rotated other items on the buffet. They had a huge selection of freshly squuezed juices which i enjoyed mixing and a huge selection of fresh fruit, pastries, and many other items. We tried the Tapenyaki which was good and the only thing you need a reservation for. The French restaurant was our favorite but then again everywhere we went we loved the food. FYI- we come from Chicago and know good food and eat out 2-3 times a week at home and were very impressed by the quality of food at this hotel.

I also tried out the spa which was very nice. I had a 80 minute head to foot hot stone massage which was really relaxing and great but was $160 after using a $40 credit coupon the hotel gives you when you check in. More expensive than I would have paid at home but we were on vacation and I enjoyed it very much.

We will definitely be back to Cabo and Secrets Marquis. They have some beach vendors that sell some souveniors if you want them. They are the same type of things you can get in downtown Cabo but make sure you bargain them down. Start your pricing at 25% of what they initially tell you. All in all our trip and stay at Secrets Marquis was perfect for what we were looking for.....relaxation in the sun, fun, great food and resort.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and had a great view. I would sit out on our balcony and watch the sunrise...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mkaylo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the best vacation we had. We were celebrating 25 years of marriage and everything was perfect. The private dinner on the beach was exceptional and the service was outstanding. I would recommend this place to any couple in love! The only sad part was the weather was not good so we couldn't really experience the beach like we wanted to.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Food was great, room service menu was fantastic. Breakfast is far better when ordered to the room. Adrian and victor on the pool stood out. Adrian walks at about 100mph all day. Alicia and David in Spice were lovely. Salvador and Martin were very nice too. The pools were very nice, horses on the beach if you like, $25 pp with Benny.

Downsides. If you're going for two weeks it is quiet in the evening.

There's very little in San Jose.

The girl Carla can't sing.

Drinks seemed quite weak but there were plenty.

Book your trips to Cabo at the Marina. $55 for the arch and snorkelling in hotel, 20 at the Marina. Approx $500 for baja buggys, $130 at marina when booked with the archa trip.

One tip, if I have two drinks at the bar, please don't put a bottle of water infront of me, it's like being told you've had enough. I didn't fly across the world to be told I've had enough when I'm sitting at the bar quietly with my wife.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Guest30000
Ankara A, Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your comments about your recent stay at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos.
Adrian, Victor, Alicia, David, Salvador and Martin will certainly receive a special recognition thanks to your comment.
We will certainly work in the opportunities areas that you have clearly mentioned.
We look forward to welcome you again in your “Home away from Home”.
Cordially,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was an incredible experience for me. This resort is the most amazing place to stay. It's incredibly beautiful. Every room has a balcony. I enjoyed hearing the roaring waves every evening and every morning. There was the most amazing fitness instructor there that taught Pilates and Aqua Zumba everyday that I was there. I had an amazing work out each day. The staff was incredibly friendly and they truly go out of there way to make your stay there as pleasant as possible. The people there work extremely hard and they are not to be taken for granted. There are 4 or 5 different restaurants for your taste. There is 24 hour room service anytime you like. I would highly recommend this resort if you would like a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mysti27
Sunset, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I don't want to be totally negative but I was so disappointed in this resort management. As I stated I've been 11 times to AM Resorts and this is one of the most disappointed visits. As I am typing this I am sitting in the lobby of Secrets Capri and I can't say enough about their hospitality. The management has it down as far as customer service. I see no tip jars at the bars or wait station I don't see having to wait on being asked if they can help. Amazing customer service. Maybe the new boss over seeing Dreams, Secrets and Zoetry should notice and ask the quests their opinions of the service. Mostly when she walks past guest with the resident manager and never acknowledge any quest. This didn't happen not once but I can personally count three in six days. Don't take away floats before you have new ones to replace them! Extremely rude of her!

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front awesome views! Ask for "little Ceasar" in the pool area managem...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cabo Azul Resort
Cabo Azul Resort
#8 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar
Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!