“This is a fabulous resort that provides everything you could ever want in terms of location by the Sea of Cortez, excellent food”

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We first came to Secrets last June 2012 to attend a destination wedding. The moment we arrived, we knew that this would definitely be a new vacation spot for us. You cannot go wrong here. It is very close to Cabo San Lucas and accesinle to other locations to visit, but if you don't have the desire to leave, you surely wouldn't be disappointed. Everywhere you go, the staff is exceptionally polite and solicitous of your every need. Staff members regularly go out of their way to make you feel at home. We had a particularly good experience in one fine restaurant that serves dinner only, where Esteban was our waiter. What a delightful person. But beyond that, we had a waiter of all waiters at Secrets' Vista Ballenas restaurant; Elias Anastaccio. He was amazing!!! He waited on us as if we wete the only people there. Elias is a perfect reflection and representation of what the Secrets Marquis Los Cabos is all about. This is a MUST VISIT resort!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank LoriTeresa
Write a ReviewReviews (2,074)

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I got married in Los Cabos Memorial day weekend at one of the sister hotels Dreams Los Cabos. So after the stresses of a wedding and spending the week with family and friends, Secrets Marquis was exactly what we needed to wind down. We checked out of Dreams and with a very short taxi ride we were here quite early as check in is usually around 3 or 4 (not sure which one )but we arrived at 11am and our ocean front Castia was waiting for us. Shocked and excited as we planned we would have to wait for our room our personal concierge took us to our Casita and showed us around our beautiful room. we dropped out bags and went in our private plunge pool.

The food and drinks: Did not feel like we were at an all inclusive resort. The drinks were strong regardless of tipping i felt like. Had some of the best Margaritas by the pool. The food was good too. Our favorite restaurant was the asian fusion SPICE. We actually ate there 3 times. My husband loved the teppanyaki. The food was great, service was great atmosphere was great too. My glass of wine was never empty. i pretty much took a sip from my glass and they were back to fill it up again. we also ate at the french restaurant which was very good just hard to get too and confusing. Lunches by the pool at barefoot grill were great too! i Loved the guacamole and seafood tacos! breakfast was always yummy too with a very big selection.mimosas were a great way to start the day!

The pool: BEAUTIFUL! it was so relaxing looking out and seeing the infinity pool turning into the ocean. Countless times my husband and I turned to eachother saying how amazing the veiw was from the pool. Getting chairs was never a problem as the hotel was pretty much empty. We always got chairs right by our Casita. It was very convenient not to have to go on a journey just to go back to the room quick. They also have floats which were nice. One thing i will say that sucked is that the hot tubs are not hot they are the same temperature as the pool. you can not swim at the beach but it is just a short walk if you wish too.

Rooms/Castias: LIke i mentioned we had a castia suite which was completely worth the money if it is a special occasion such as honeymoon or anniversary. It was so big and spacious the bathroom was huge. Actually there were 2 which both were big. The fridge is always stocked with water and alcohol. In the morning they leave fruit and pastries in your nook. which is a original touch. beds are comfortable. the showers however are not so good, there is very little water pressure and i think they were too small for such a bug bathroom. The jacuzzi was very clean. They did a romantic turndown service with flowers and candles our first night which was lovely. The private plunge pool was private since we were on the end and first floor. I dont see how most of them are though because some of the private pools are facing the infinity pool. And i dont know about you but when i am swimming in my private pool i dont want people walking by looking. Just beware when you are booking a castia that you ask for one on the end of the resort or something private. I would of loved to see what the second floor ones look like.

the resort and service: the resort was very clean and service was great. everyone was friendly and accommodating. we found the resort layout kind of confusing at first but that could be that we were so used to Dreams that we had a hard time adjusting. If you are looking for nightlife go to another hotel because there was little to non. they apparently had activities every night but we could never find where they were. except the movie by the pool one night that we watched. mostly everyone we came in contact with was honeymooners which was nice for us or people celebrating anniversaries. Also with the casitia suite you get free wifi!

Overall we had a amazing experience with secrets and i would 100% recommend staying here. We hope to be back. Castia suite is worth the money if you are doubting it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Crystal D
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The secret is out for this hotel. They have phenomenal service along with outstanding food choices. Normally, we stay at the One and only Palmilla. We are So thankful that we tried Secrets Marquis - great food, quality of the rooms at such a less expensive rate The pool service was excellent - the waiter at the pool (Alberto) was so good, he even checked on us when we were not even in his area! The quality of the food and the rooms are excellent.
The concierge service (Isaac) was also attentive in making outside reservations. On our departure, the hotel general manager even sent us a thank you gift - now which hotel does that! Secret Marquis does - I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views with no sound proofing issues.
1  Thank Bill G
Reviewed July 25, 2013

About 2 weeks ago I traveled to Mexico for the first time. I really had an over-the-top service. From Rodrigo (Mini Caesar) who was always around to greet me at the food and beverage areas to the help from Celcilia helping me plan my next excursion. I knew very little Spanish but the staff were well spoken and open to helping me learn. I stayed at Secrets for 8 days, and really had a great vacation. The staff were very attentive and there to do whatever they could to make my stay more comfortable.

Then there is Vania, I don't know what to say other than she is a great person, peppy and knows every guest and will go the extra mile. Sr. Fargo and I plan to return in late August!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2013

After reading some negative comments I honestly don't know if those people even stayed at the same resort that I did. I did lots of research to find the perfect resort for our needs and this was it.
It is a romantic, mellow property to just chill. As a previous Dept Head at a Ritz Carlton California resort, I have high expectations for service, cleanliness, attention to detail etc. Secrets Marquis was fantastic and surpassed my expectations. Wonderful, top notch shows at night, great food/restaurant choices, incrdeible high end spa and very nice gym.
Be sure to read the "Sundial" newsletter that arrives with the turn down service each night to keep informed of the daily activities, special buffets, shows etc. We took an Amstar excursion (reps at the concierge desk) Lilliana set us up with a great trip to Cabo for snorkeling at Los Arcos and shopping. Well worth it!
Previous comments regarding the cocktails; are you kidding??!! I don't do regular American margaritas due to the usual sweet and sour mixes, Secrets makes theirs with a great fresh lime juice mix and I also had some of the best Mojitos ever.......they also did great Lemon Drop Martinis, and other classic cocktails! As far as service.......awesome!! If you don't like your drink, don't worry they are there to make you happy just ask them to make it the way you like it, complainers. Our pool servers, Armando and Gilmar were great guys! Beautiful property no bad rooms. We were on the second floor and never heard any highway noise in room 218........ . Happy guests at Secrets Marquis and we will return ASAP!!
Airport tip: Bypass the first area for a ride to your resort, they are trying to get you to do a timeshare, they tell you if you buy a roundtrip you will get your money back so don't even go there........go straight thru to the outer lobby and get the shuttle for $14.00 each.....you can pay for a round trip there if you want but we just got a private taxi for the return for $35.00 and included stopping for more shopping in San Jose del Cabo......ask your driver.......everyone speaks great English here, more so then where I live in SoCal!

Room Tip: Very firm mattress, the maid set us up with a feather top for the mattress which helped a great deal...
7  Thank Marcia J
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I just read a poor review about customer service, so had to write my own immediately. We just returned from a 6 day trip to Marquis and the service was PERFECT. We were treated like invited guests at all times. Service at the pool was usually 5-10 minutes and this was during the busy periods. If you did not like a drink that was brought, it was noticed immediately and they returned to find out what you would like instead. The restaurants were wonderful, we were lucky to enjoy every dinner and the waiters could not have been more attentive. Thanks especially to Gabriel in Dos Mares. This was our favorite lunch location with gaucamole and ceviche being my preferred dish daily (of course they would also bring it out to you at the pool, but we chose to walk to the restaurant just for Gabriel's service).

French restaurant was good (a little over the top on the menu items, but still good). The Italian was great and we returned to Spice twice - once for the regular menu and once for the teppan tables, both equally good.

The room was perfect, especially the breakfast service each morning. I understand that the coffee was a bit lukewarm by the time we got up at 8:30 to drink it, but not having to order the night before and/or answer the door for roomservice made that bearable. The fruit plate each am was perfect and it gave us the "energy" to get dressed for breakfast! Only one drawback for my husband - the bed was harder than he would have liked (perfect for me) but after the first night we both slept very well to the sound of waves crashing outside our patio door. And the veiw, we were on the 4th floor and it was amazing day or night.

Our transportation from the airport was included in the package and you need to make sure you follow the instructions completely as you will be accosted right after customs...but NO Gracias goes a long way and comes easy after the first two or three times. Easy ride to the resort.

The only minor drawback was the hotel checkin was not as perfect as at Sandals. The "champagne" was some kind of tea and did not suit my taste (by what the heck a margarita was right down the way waiting for me). They had us under the wrong name and it took a while to find our reservation and get us to the room....

But - the room was perfect, and they had a happy birthday banner up for my husband and a pretty desert on the bar waiting for him with happy birthday written on the plate.

All in all, perfect. When we went we were comparing to Sandals (which was also wonderful) and saying well maybe almost as good. By the time we left, we said LETS GO BACK SOON! Thank you Secrets Marquis and all the staff for a perfect mid summer get away.

Room Tip: Upper floor is better - would not waste money on rooms with private pool, we only saw one couple in...
5  Thank Sally V
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, staff is gracious, food is gourmet and well presented. Rooms have jacuzzi bath tub with jets and sep shower. Spice food for dinner asian is incredible...breakfast and lunch offer ala cart menu. Food and service at top of all inclusive level. Drinks are premium...no bracelets..staff remembers you...they need flat screen tvs. Spa is 15.00 per day and access fee as is internet but business center free computer access.

• Stayed: July 2013