Before you write this review off. I am a professionally trained hospitality professional, I know what is acceptable and what is not in a hotel and restaurant. This place is nice but we will not return.
In September 2012 my wife and I and another couple went to Cabo. Based on Trip Advisor reviews and the time of year we decided to stay at this resort.
Let me start with the positives:
-Rooms are beautiful
-Staff is nice
-Location is a nice halfway between San Jose and Cabo San Lucas
Now the negatives:
-Were supposed to have an upgrade to be on the same floor as the couple we were traveling with and did not.
-Constant diarrhea due to food sanitation issues
-Drinks are weak and not premium
-Bartenders don't know how to make simple classic cocktails
-Spice was not open even though Secrets kept assuring us it would be by August 2012
-CONSTRUCTION Noise due to said restaurant not being open
-While checking out and settling our folio we had an issue with our credit card and the hotel promptly offered us to use the house phone to make our toll free call to the creditor. They neglected to mention the $5US per minute fee to use a house phone totalling around $85 US!!! Needless to say had to fight tooth and nail to have this refunded due to the fact that I could have made the call on my cell phone for $0.05/minute.
-The audacity of the front desk staff to ask me to change my review in their book that is numbered and sent to AMResorts corporate office after said shady business practice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa San Jose Del Cabo