From the minute you enter the open air lobby, you see nothing but stunning views, in every direction. The staff is friendly and eager to please, and I've never heard, "it's my pleasure," as often in my life.
The rooms are beautiful and comfortable with well stocked mini bars.
BE SURE you meet Erick, one of the servers who works various restaurants and around the pools during the day. He was awesome, and my husband enjoyed the daily Spanish lesson from him each day!
The food was fantastic. Possibly the best tuna we have ever had during our final dinner at Dos Mares. Oh, also at Dos Mares-the Baja Ceviche and fish tacos were out of this world! We had the ceviche everyday for lunch...and they will bring it to you around the pool - just ask! Also, the breakfast buffet is delicious and a great variety. Fresh fruit was wonderful!
The grounds and beach were gorgeous. And the staff was visibly keeping it that way-they work hard! Room service was quick. Concierges were very helpful -we had trouble connecting to wi-fi, but one trip to the concierge fixed that!
A few things kept us from rating this resort as 5 star. Having been to the Secrets Merona Beach in Playa del Carmen set the bar incredibly high -this location, while breathtakingly beautiful is simply not as nice. And there were a few little things that are overlooked - while the floats/rafts in the pool were nice to have, the fact that they were torn and worn was very noticeable. Seemed strange at a resort of this caliber. Also, the bartenders seemed untrained, or maybe they have bad mix. The alcohol was good -it just seemed the mixes weren't-bad tasting tonic, juices, etc.
Overall, we had a wonderful trip. If your destination is Cabo, you can't go wrong here! Don't forget to meet Erick. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa San Jose Del Cabo