“A special place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marquis Los Cabos

You added Marquis Los Cabos to your Saves list
Marquis Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km 21.5 | Fraccionamiento Cabo Real, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
texas
“A special place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I just got back from three nights at Secrets Marquis. In the past 17 years, we've been on many great vacations to Hawaii, the Caribbean, Riviera Maya, many cruises, etc. So we have high expectations. And Secrets Marquis exceeded our expectations. We think the #1 best thing at Secrets is their service -- friendly and willing to go the extra mile. And we were very pleasantly surprised that the food and drinks were so good. We even liked the food better than the food at Capella Pedregal, where we stayed about a year and a half ago (well, except for Farallon, which is in a league of its own, but you have to pay a lot for it too!).

We had an oceanfront room on the fifth floor, so the view was gorgeous. The room is pretty. Now if they could just make the bathroom a little more private, it would be perfect. :-)

We never had any trouble getting lounge chairs by the infinity pools. And we never had to look around for someone to get a drink or something else. They are very attentive.

We definitely recommend this place and will go back there one of these days.

3 Thank TexasSunlover71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Where do I start? This trip was everything my wife and I could've imagined. Our stay was from June 10 -14 and we enjoyed every last minute of it. We stayed in the Honeymoon suite and it was worth every penny. The room was very nice, the pool on the patio was out of this world! The staff was excellent, you could tell they enjoy their job and they're not just there to work. The food was terrifect, I don't believe we had one bad meal the entire time we were there. the pool area was really nice and well kept, the water was just a little cold but nothing unbareable. The only thing we did not care for, is that there is really no beach life here. Which that is the pretty much the case in Cabo in general, due to the strong currents from the ocean. Other then that, we just loved this place.

Would I travel to Los Cabos again, yes I would. Would I stay at the Secrets Marquis Los Cabos again, absolutely!!! Would I try another Secrets resort again, the Secrets resorts may be the only resort I stay at from here on out.

4 Thank Long0015
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

When we arrived we were blown away with the presentation of this resort and the welcome we received from the staff. The food and restaurants were amazing along with all the other facilities! One of the highlights of our trip was meeting the entertainment staff, especially Fernando Echegaray who took such great care of us and made us feel so welcome, with heaps of fun attached! We have already booked our next trip in a couple of months and can't wait! We cannot recommend Secrets Marquis high enough!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clinga52
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was my husband and mine's second Secrets trip. We had such an amazing time at the Secrets in Jamaica, we decided to try it again. And, we were very impressed again!
Let me tell you- You will never get better service than at a Secrets resort. Everyone there is amazing. Noe, our concierge, was amazingly pleasant, friendly and always smiling! He didn't just assist us with check-in, he really went above and beyond and let us tour the Presidential Suite since we expressed interest in returning back to the resort with a couple. Adalberto, is the most amazing and friendly waiter as well. He remembered my name from the first day and was always there when we needed him.
The food is great, especially at the Japanese restaurant. My favorite morning snack is the chilaquiles! I loved them so much that when I told the Restaurant Manager, Juan, he set up a private cooking lesson with one of their chefs so I could make them when I get home. That's just one example of what kind of service you can expect at Secrets. I also recommend the fish tacos! So yummy!
We got the Casita room with the private plunge pool on the roof dock. It was very spacious and very comfortable. We would sit on the roof deck for hours just looking at the water.
Yes- it's true. You can't swim in the ocean in Cabo. That is a definite bummer. But, they make up for it with a great pool and the best entertainment. Of all the resorts I've been too, Marquis Los Cabos had the best entertainment choices around.
Location: the resort is located in an area called the Corridor. This is basically between Cabos and San Jose. I was happy with the location since it is very quiet. However, it's $25 each way to downtown Cabo where all of the activities are located. We went to the city twice- once for deep sea fishing,another for a glass bottom boat tour. Just recognize that the cab rides can be quite expensive and are non-negotiable.
I will say, the only negative part was dealing with a gentleman named Julio. We had booked our transportation from the airport to the resort from the actual resort itself. Come to find out- the resort uses an outide company called Amstar or Apple to bring people from the airport. Well, Julio was upset since we talked to a different vendor inside th airport to set up excursions prior to leaving the airport, He was arguing with me on the phone and wouldn't send our taxi until we told him who we talked to inside the airport. Luckily, we were traveling with a friend who speaks fluent Spanish. He wouldn't back down until our friend got onto the phone and started arguing back in Spanish. This ultimatum and bullying is unacceptable in my opinion.
Either way, we were extremely happy once we were at the resort. We would definitely go back! Secrets delivers again.

2 Thank Cathy J
England, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

First trip to Cabo and we were very impressed with the resort's cleanliness, the friendliness of the staff and the overall atmosphere. Food and drinks were delicious. Wish we had gone to SPICE earlier in the week -great sushi and meal. Would definitely recommend making a hibachi reservation. We had a junior suite and had plenty of room and a great view of the shore. We would not spend the extra money for a honeymoon suite or cabana. We also felt very safe the entire time we were there. We booked two excursions: a private sailing trip around the arch and a horseback ride on the beach. Both were booked through Amstar and both turned out to be great.

Room Tip: Don't spend extra for the private cabanas or suites. Regular rooms are great for the value.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely Beautiful. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially Fernando Echegaray who organized activities and made our holiday so much fun! We have recommended so many people who all have had the same amazing experience there.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Mikepope
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

First ever trip to the San Jose Del Cabo area and we had an absolutely amazing time - we are already planning a trip back to this property in March.

Check-in was a breeze; we were early but our room was ready shortly after we had lunch by the pool. This is also where we first met Adalberto - remember his name, I'll come back to this.

There are several "gems" to the Secrets Marquis:

Our junior suite was as-advertised - big enough, luxurious, comfortable, and with an absolutely stunning ocean view in both directions. Housekeeping was brilliant all week and we never needed a thing. The coffee in the hidden door every morning was a nice touch.

The second little "gem" was the food and drink experience. My wife and I have never done the all-inclusive resort before and to be honest, we were a little nervous about the quality and selection. That notion quickly disappeared. All-in-all a fantastic way to travel. By mid-week, we actually enjoyed just grabbing a latte and breakfast sandwich in the little coffee shop (lower level) on the way to the pool each day. Lunch menu by the pool was great; the "italian" restaurant also had one of the best lunches and dinners. Spice (asian) had a great dinner as well. No complaints.

We did two little trips while there - taxi to and from the city of San Jose Del Cabo and a round-trip excursion to Cabo San Lucas' Lover's Beach (rock arch formation). Both outings were arranged by the hotel concierge staff and were executed without flaw. Never felt unsafe whatsoever. Next trip we want to do some whale watching and maybe some dune buggies.

For the most part, we just spent our days/nights laying by the pool, enjoying the great food and drinks, walking the beach and relaxing - Secrets is the perfect place for this. They offer activities and entertainment that can fill your day but you can also just veg-out and relax if wanted as well.

So back to the theme of "gems". When planning this trip, I knew and expected that I'd be blown away by a certain amount of things...I knew the ocean view would be fantastic. I knew the property would be nice (from the photos). I expected the food to be good and the drinks plentiful.

What I didn't expect was a hidden gem by the name of Adalberto - a hotel staff member. We met him on the first day, before our room was ready, while we ate lunch in the lower level by the pool(s); he was our server for lunch. Before getting up from the table, I asked him where the best spot at the infinity pool was for sun. From that moment on, we sat in the same spot at the pool each and every day. Not because the sun was any different than the other side. Not because the food was better or the drinks stronger. We came back to the same spot each and every day because that's where Adalberto was working.

Adalberto took care of our every need at the pool each and every day - from helping us get shade, to recommending tropical cocktails and taking our lunch order. He even made sure we always had a cold bottle of water beside our loungers. Adalberto is the gem I didn't expect. He truly made our stay with Secrets Marquis a pleasure, from start to finish.

All of the staff at this property were amazing. But Adalberto was a stand-out performer. Adalberto, if you get the chance to read this, thank you again for your hard work, kindness and attention to detail. The service you provided us didn't go unnoticed and for that I truly, truly appreciate you.

If you decide to stay at Secrets Marquis, you won't be disappointed. And if you get the pleasure of meeting Adalberto, you'll be entirely impressed.

This is my first ever online review, if that matters. Adalberto inspired that.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Junior Suite (334) and it was pretty much in the middle of the property, with a stunn...
4 Thank jason g
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
#8 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 stars 2,151 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#9 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 stars 1,444 reviews
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#3 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 stars 3,265 reviews
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosew...
#1 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
5.0 of 5 stars 842 reviews
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa

Been to Marquis Los Cabos? Share your experiences!