We stayed at Secrets during the first week of December. We have been to the Cancun / East coast of Mexico over 10 times, but this is our first trip to Cabo - We fell in love with the area. It is so beautiful. The weather was perfect all week. We never saw a cloud in the sky and there was a nice breeze and low humidity. It was so comfortable.
Although you can't swim in the ocean in front of the hotel, the beach is the most pristine, clean, beautiful beach I've seen. Not one teeny bit of grass, garbage, debris, shells. Just a beautiful beach to walk every day and listen to at night.
We usually stay in Secrets, Excellence or Iberostar Grand resorts, this one did not dissapoint. The resort is beautiful. The rooms were spotless and comfortable and the two ocean front pools were warm and inviting. The main pool was quite cool though. I tried water aerobics one day and I was freezing.
We thought the food was very good. We never had a bad meal. I don't know how people can complain about the food. The complaints must come from really picky people. You are in Mexico, not the US, so the descriptions and food may be different from what you're used to.... who cares, relax and get over it. the food was fresh and plentyful We loved the french fries! I think we had french fries every day at the pool.
The resort could use a few more activities and a change of music. The music was "chill" music at both pools. I didn't mind it really, but would have liked the option of more lively music at one pool. Every night they show a movie outside on the big screen with the ocean behind you - Great idea ! Also, maybe one more bar in the evenings would be nice. It is a compact resort, there is not that much walking you need to do to get around.
The spa was very nice. I go to the spa in every resort I stay in and this one was small and nothing special but the ladies there are excellent at the services. My husband and I went back a second time for massages they were so good.
There is a pub crawl the resort offers and I was not all that looking forward to staying up late going to loud clubs..... We had a great time though! Fernando took us around to 4 clubs like a group of VIP's! Everyone at the resort speaks english very well. The staff are so friendly and work very hard to please you.
We honestly have only one major complaint that bothered us. There were empty beer bottles and glasses on the ledge outside our room for the entire week we were there.... We just could not understand how numerous staff could walk by this daily and no one cleaned it up. My husband even moved the glasses to the middle of the walkway to get someone's attention and a few hours later, they were moved back to the side, and still not picked up. Maybe this is a management thing.... It was dissapointing.
Aside from the above, there was really nothing more to complain about. The resort was very nice and I would consider coming back since there are so few adult only resorts in Cabo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon and DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo