In Cabo for the Baja International Film Festival, so this was a working holiday for me. I have been fortunate enough to stay at some very fine hotels around the world and would count Secrets among the best. When you arrive, a gentle breeze blows and the first thing you see is the massive white arch of the outdoor lobby that swoops down to an infinity pool anchored by a pair of bronze statues and then nothing beyond but pristine sea and sky. If your heart doesn't skip a beat, best have it checked. Everyone looks gorgeous, sexy and serene and the staff treats you like royalty -- especially if you can speak even a smidgeon of Spanish. We were presented with champagne flutes even before checking in. Every room has an unobstructed ocean view. Several staffers I met on Day One addressed me by name the rest of my stay. The five days and four nights flew by. Hotel highlights: one morning I helped release baby sea turtles at dawn. One night there were fireworks shot over the ocean. Butterflies the size of my hand flew around my balcony after sunset. Missed seeing the whales but they are there in season. I had a sea bass served in room that arrived steaming and tasted like an event. Quibbles: you have to pay for wi-fi in room which seemed strange in this day and age; our room didn't have a flatscreen TV (again out of character for a place of this caliber); poolside breakfast is a bit heavy in the way of a Vegas buffet with things like mountains of bacon and sausage. It's hard to imagine guests ramping up on sausage and potatoes then hitting the pool. Speaking of the pools: perfect temps in the a.m. although I had one late morning swim that was uncomfortably warm and combined with sun block to burn my eyes. Hotel is away from town so feels secluded in that sense. Hilton just up the beach. All-in-all, Secrets provides an unforgettable stay that will restore your equilibrium and remind you that life is good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, HotelsClick, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa San Jose Del Cabo