“Excellent all luxury inclusive”

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Best all inclusive, a real luxury resort, with the Staff a 100% to your service, food, drinks and pool "Excellent".What a beautiful resort. Everything was amazing. The service the food was beyond my expectations. It is an adults only resort . The beach is great for long walks. The pools are amazing.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LuisEPerez
There are newer reviews for Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. This was the perfect place. It was one of the first times away with no kids, so we really liked the "adults only". What a beautiful resort. Everything was amazing. The service was beyond my expectations. The cold towels on arrival, and at the pool were a special treat. I would highly recommend this place, if you really want to relax, and do nothing. It was very quiet with nothing to do but lay on the lounge chair with my book. The evenings are very quiet as well, and after dinner there is no entertainment which was fine for us, as we were just there to relax and do nothing. It was all couples, some were honeymooners, but mostly milestone anniversaries 10, 15 and 20 years.
If you are looking to party, this is NOT the resort for you. If you want a quiet romantic holiday with great service, this is the place to go.
My only negative comment has nothing to do with the resort at all, but it was that we could not swim in the ocean, but I knew that before we arrived, so I was not disappointed. The beach is great for long walks. The pools are amazing, and spent most of my time in between them and my lounge chair.
The guacamole and chips are the best, and the ceviche I had everyday. It was so fresh.
I would definately come back to this resort for another relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: All rooms have oceanview.
7  Thank LongToedMouse
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel really knows how to pamper you. Service is 24/7 and with a smile. The staff has been well trained and make sure that you're happy. (We tipped after every service but I also noticed that their demeanor didn't change whether you tipped or not...very refreshing)

The only complaint that I would have is that this hotel "nickle & dimes" you. For the amount we paid, you wouldn't expect to pay $15./day for internet, $25./hr for a late checkout or $169. for a 1 hour message!! The package did come with a $200. voucher but it was full of 10-40% discounts.

Secrets should definitely look at better ways of enticing their guests to use the spa or other excursions. I know that this is a business but people really don't appreciate being gauged.

Other than that, the negative reviews that we read before going seem to be from very picky or petty guests.(and we as seasoned travelers)

Room Tip: Every room is good with a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Steve U
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I planned a mini-honeymoon at the last minute to this resort. We've stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach twice in the past 2 years and have had a phenomenal experience. Based on the reviews of Secrets Marquis I reviewed before booking, I expected it to be smaller, quieter and not as great as Maroma Beach. I was right.

The service was very good - everyone is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are typical of what you'd see at other all-inclusives or at other Secrets properties. Our biggest complaint was the lack of quality restaurants and food available. While we were never wowed with the food at Secrets Maroma (you can only expect so much from an all-inclusive), Secrets Marquis only had a handful of restaurants to select from, and the menu options were pretty limited. Even the breakfast buffet was small, limited and unimpressive.

While we enjoyed our time relaxing by the pool and getting our sun, I would not come back to this property nor would I recommend it to others. If I ever came back to Cabo again, I would spend the extra money to stay at a place like Esperanza.

5  Thank Erica F
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Secrets Marquis from August 25th to September1st. What a beautiful resort. Everything was amazing. The service the food was beyond my expectations. It is an adults only resort and believe me you do not miss the kids. We had never been to Cabo before and this was one of the best vacations ever. You can not swim in the ocean but the pools make you feel like you are. The dinners at the poolside looking out onto the water were amazing, you do not need the dinner on the beach with this.

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the ocean so everyone has an ocean view. But the beds are quite hard.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Colleen K
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos for 7 nights from Sept 15-22. My wife and and I are in our mid 60's, and have traveled extensively. We have stayed at several A.I. resorts in Mexico and would rank the Marquis as one of our top picks for the money. We arrved at SJD airport and were approached by a gentlemen who said that he would direct us to our pre-arranged shuttle, he ushered us to the main counter area just inside of the exit doors and turned us over to another gentlemen who said that our shuttle would be waiting for us outside the exit doors. He then started offering us so called freebies (snorkleing, camel rides, ATV rides, fishing, etc), after a few moments we realized that this guy was selling timeshares. We immediately told the person that we were not interested. We headed towards the exit door and were approached by another gentlemen who wanted to give us discounts on golf if we attended a presentation. We politely rejected his offer and exited the doors to the shuttle area. Please note: "DO NOT STOP OR TALK TO ANYONE INSIDE THE AIRPORT, AS THEY ARE ALL HIGH PRESSURE TIMESHARE SALES PEOPLE" trying to talk you into purchasing something that you probably don't want or need. Anyway, we made our way to the outside and found our shuttle driver, the shuttle service company is AMSTAR, they are the best (english speaking, neat and very clean vehicles, Ford Excursion's). We made it to the resort and were greeted by the bellman and we were checked in without any problems, we were also offered cold wet towels and a glass of champagne
Our room was not quite ready, so we went to the El Suspiro bar to have a drink, it wasn't more than 10 minutes and they told us our room was ready. The bellman accompanied us to our room on the 5th floor (Top floor ocean view), our room was very clean and had an excellent view of the surf and ocean. The food at Secrets is very good, well presented and very fresh, we especially liked Vista Bellenas, the gourmet restaurant (Canto Del Mar) was ok, but not our favorite, it only has 8 tables and one table was broken. The resort advertises 6 restaurants, but only 2 restaurants and the coffee shop are indoors. Spices is not even open yet and Dos Mares has outdoor seating but it is near the center pool area and is not a place you would want to have a romatic dinner. The Barefoot grill is only available for dinner, it is set up between the pool area and the ocean every afternoon, it is not open for lunch as advertised. Entertainment is non existent except for the mexican Fiesta on Saturday night, other nights have Monday night football projected on a wall outside the the El Suspiro bar (outdoors). the Baracuda bar is also outside and serves the pool areas. The overall service at the resort is very good, sometimes you ask for something specific but you don't always get what you ask for (language barrior). Most of the employees speak very good english. As you know, you cannot swim in the ocean (rip currents, heavy surf), we saw one individual go out into the ocean and was promptly dumped onto his head from a huge wave, he crawled back to shore and laid there for several minutes before recovering. The surf is not only rough but it has a nasty shore break, please don't attempt to swim anywhere except near the Hilton Hotel. If you are looking out towards the ocean, look to your right and you will see a point with rocks, this is approximately a 10 t0 15 minutes walk there is a protected bay where you can swim, they also have jet skis, kayak's for rent at that location. overall we had a great time but wouldn't go back in September for a couple of reasons: black flies were a real nuisance while lying by the pool, it was also very hot and humid 95 F, 80% humidity. The good thing about going in September, the hotel was not very full and our sleep was never interupted by any noise. All rooms are ocean view, but the hotel does sit fairly close to the main highway. Some slight residual noise from road traffic, but nothing too terrible. The bed in our room was very firm, we did wake up each morning with mid back aches, we are used to sleeping on a more comfortable softer mattress. Amstar also has a travel agent at the front desk if you want to book any side trips. Additional Information: the guacamole and chips are the best, the hamburgers are to die for and you can also order waffle or curly fries at the pool ( they are not on the pool service menu). They also have several types of ceviche, which is all very fresh and tasty.

Room Tip: Did not use any of the spa facilites,
4  Thank dingbees
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed 10 days at this resort. I enjoyed this vacation more than any other that we have had at the Secrets, Sandals and Grand Paladium chains. We had a casa with a very private beach view. The food was the best of any resort we have been to. We ate each day by the pool and tried all of the restaurants. Carlos was our favorite waiter who would great us with a smile for breakfast. The infinity pool was great. I still imagine the beautiful ocean surf when I want to relive this vacation. The wait staff at the pool kept you with a drink and a smile all times. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

I walked the long beach each morning, did yoga at 9:00 and water aerobics at 12. There were some crafts and cooking classes that were fun too. I had two massages that were very good. They are pretty reasonably priced compared to other resorts.

It was truly a breathtaking location. If I would change anything I would have been able to go in the ocean(surfs too rough) and there would have been a swim up bar. The night club was almost finished and it will be a great addition. If you can go on vacation to this resort .... and are looking for a beautiful ocean view this is the one! I would have stayed another week!

• Stayed: August 2012
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#2 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!