Let me preface that my wife and I are mid-50s, were celebrating our 35th anniversary and have stayed at Secrets Capri and Secrets Royal Beach. We like relaxing versus a big party.
We stayed from September 8th to the 14th.
Per a previous review, we were there during the attack of the black flies, but to hold that against the resort is ludicrous. We went to eat at Zoetry Casa Del Mar and they were worse. In fairness, the staff had the entire resort fogged one night and it did little to nothing. That is just luck of the draw. We were there while TS Kristey was in the Pacific and during the rain on Thursday, the staff shined like a diamond, setting up the lounge chairs and towels, taking them down and wetting them back up not once but twice. They also set up the rainy day schedule and kept extra bars open that would normally be closed. One example of the outstanding service.
PROS: Infinity pools are fabulous. Service is phenomenal. Rooms are spacious and beautiful. ALL the rooms are really ocean front and have a great view. Housekeeping was spotless.
CONS: No swim-up bar, meaning no real gathering place. Ocean is out there, but you can't get in. I know, it's not their fault, but I'm just stating a fact. There are very limited sitting/umbrellas on the beach. Entertainment staff tried, but they could rarely get anything going. I think this was partly because of the lack of the swim-up bar.
Food: Good to very good, not great. Best bets - Barefoot Grill & Dos Mares. Co Co Cafe was a very nice touch. Never had to wait for a table and the portions were pretty big.
Rooms: Really nice. Well appointed. Older TV and channels limited, but we weren't there to watch TV. Our room was spotless and remained spotless the entire time. We were in 402 oceanfront.
Drinks: Average and tastes were inconsistent. Best bet is to ask for drinks with premium liquors. By the way, they had plenty of good brands.
Service: Secrets Crown Jewel. The service was spectacular, from room service to poolside and in the restaurants to the concierge.
Entertainment (or lack of it): Be aware, this is Secrets, not Now or Dreams. It's not a party atmosphere. With that said, they could amp up their entertainment level. This is the first Secrets that we felt we needed to get out of the resort during our week for some diversion. They do host a bar crawl to Cabo, which we did not attend, but the bus didn't leave the resort until almost 10 PM. Funny thing is, I still remember Speedie and Akon from the entertainment staff at Secrets Royal Beach from last year, but for the life of me, I don't know the names of the entertainment staff at Marquis from 2 weeks ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa San Jose Del Cabo