WINNER WONDERLAND

Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Vancouver, Canada
“FOUND THIS GEM TOO LATE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We happened upon this little restaurant a little too late in our 6 months in San Jose. We didnt try the food (next year) but the coffee served in a french press was much appreciated after not being able to find a good cuppa all this time. We hope to enjoy all the delights as described in the previous review, but for now we dont want you to make the same mistake, CHECK IT OUT!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank vekel

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Best fish tacos I've had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Lovely quiet courtyard with about 5 tables. The food was excellent. Try the Jamaica tea-it's unusual but very refreshing on a hot day. They have wifi and it's also an art gallery.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank rebecca s
Denver, Colorado
“Wood-fired excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

A small place as described by previous reviewers, we also found it during the Thursday night art walk. The service is friendly, the location is tranquil and the pizzas from the outdoor wood-fired oven were only surpassed by the flan which was also prepared in the wood-fired oven. Also one of the better salads we have had in SJdC. Wine selection, while limited, was good and reasonable.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank rlvn22
Los Angeles, California
“Casa Dahlia is Baja Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Is it just me or do other people go on vacation and end up vibing with one place, usually a business, that becomes their home base? This trip Casa Dahlia gallery & cafe was that place for me. Friends and I first stumbled upon Casa Dahlia while touring the various downtown galleries. Casa Dahlia was showing the first exhibit I came across that really captured my attention, and so I spoke with Leah, the owner, about the artists (she is one too). Like everyone I meet who is originally from Oregon, Leah is simply darling, and Casa Dahlia is a darling expression of Leah and her partner Julio's creativity and love. Leah curates the exhibits and hosts weekly movie + dinner nights in the gorgeous outdoor garden cafe, while Julio creates unique mouthwatering meals for breakfast and lunch...like the fish tacos he catches fresh, himself, via spearhead fishing, or the wood-burned pizzas we had on movie night (3 different ones at 3 different times: marguerite, mushroom, and pepperoni, with a first course salad, and flan for dessert. Btw, the serving of the courses, and each slice of pizza, was so well-timed that I was always perfectly satiated throughout the 90-minute film. This is one thoughtful operation.)

But Casa Dhalia didn't win home base status just because of the food. The day after I met Leah I returned to the gallery (which was a block away from our hotel) to get some dinner reccs and beach suggestions, and I met Hector, who also hosts and manages the gallery at times. He was super kind and offered me all sorts of advice while pulling out maps and drawing maps if the ones he had didn't apply. It seemed like every time I went back to my traveling companion with my report she had more questions, and so I must have popped in on Hector with questions at least a dozen times in two days. My friend and I had an absolutely wonderful stay in San Jose del Cabo. The first half of my trip was spent at Cabo Azul Resort, and the second half at a small place in downtown. I have to say, thanks to Casa Dahlia's quality and local hospitality, I enjoyed the second half of my trip even more than the first.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Gaselyne
Calgary
“A Treat for the Senses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

This lovely little cafe is located at the back of the Casa Dahlia restaurant. It has just re-opened after being closed because of the road work in front. The menu is limited but it all looks good. I had the grilled fish tacos which were accompanied by a delicious salad. Everything was perfect. the outdoor cafe space is delightfully landscaped. And the best part is that you have to walk through a wondrous gallery to get it. Don't pass by this one. The cafe and the gallery are both treats for the senses.

• Visited January 2013