“Beautiful Resort”

Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Beautiful Resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

The Resort is beautiful and the staff is "Top Notch" starting from walking into Royal Solaris, Alex was our contact through-out our entire stay and the many staff members who helped make it an amazing trip. Special thanks to Alex, Angel and so many of the staff whom names I can't remember. Piccolo’s Pizza, was yummy. My family and I went on the snorkeling excursion and we were so blessed to see a whale since they usually are gone at this time of year and the crew couldn’t of been more accommodating. The only down side is the part where they try to get you to join or upgrade they say it is to help you make the most of your timeshare but, I found that not to be true. The staff is made to wrangle you into the part were a rude staff member tries to strong arm you into more $$$$$ if you want to buy or upgrade they don’t need to push the Resort it speaks for itself. My sister and I wasted 90 minutes plus of our valuable vacation time, at least pay for our time. We showed our appreciation by tipping the staff for their service so therefore a token of appreciation such as a massage, gift certificate to your stores, something like that would have been nice. All we got was a rude glare leaving our host embarrassed and left with us upset about the treatment or lack of we received.

Room Tip: The reason I rated the sleep quality poor is due to my back issues, next time I heard you can ask fo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,299)
Sparta, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is a great hotel for the money. The fact that it's an all inclusive was the reason why we stayed there. We wanted a relaxed, fun and no stress stay. We traveled with our son (12) not much to do in the "teens club" but you don't need that because the entertainment team will keep anyone busy and entertained.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank LeliaAG
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I just got back from a week in the sun in fabulous Los Cabos! It was my first time to LC and I was so pleased with the Royal Solaris! We arrived at about 11 pm which was great because we missed all the timeshare people, so that didn't affect our holiday in the slightest! In the past, I've just walked by them with a very firm 'no thank you', and I've not been hassled. We were checked in very quickly and able to escape to our room to sleep with no problems...(I will admit the beds were quite firm, and it would be great if there were mattress toppers on them for some added softness), but I was still able to be comfortable (and I suffer a fair bit from insomnia so....).

The housekeeping staff did a great job of keeping our room clean, and us in towels and amenities. There was one day where we came back to the room at about 5 pm and the room hadn't been made up yet, but that wasn't really an issue. We just asked for towels and toilet paper and we were fine. The next day it was back to normal service. They work very hard and we appreciate that so much! There was plenty of water pressure and hot (or cold) water for showering, which is sometimes not the case. We had an outside facing room and the balcony overlooked the 'service alley', which if you looked down wasn't a great view (3rd floor room) and some noise, but we also had a partial ocean view so we concentrated on that, but really, who's ever in the room that much when you're in a tropical paradise?

I thought the resort was really well laid out and all the amenities were really close. The courtyard green space and walkways were quite picturesque set against the crashing ocean waves in the background. LOVED LOVED LOVED the adults only pool!!!...It is so well planned that you can't help BUT relax and truly unwind! (The only comment I would say is that more beach umbrellas are needed for shade.) We met many great people and had many laughs while lounging in and around the adult pool while being so well served by Alfredo! He absolutely deserves a raise because whatever he's being paid, is not enough! He always had a smile and a moment to chat with us! We never had to get our own drinks at the bar...he is AWESOME!!!

I always love taking a few dips in the ocean when I'm on holiday, however I didn't even miss that aspect because the crashing waves pretty much mesmerized me the entire week! (FYI - The rip tides and undercurrents make it not possible to swim in the ocean because they are very strong and dangerous). I took so many pictures and videos of just the waves because it is amazingly wild and stunningly beautiful! Swimming in the pool only was not a problem at all! The beach was so nice for walking on, and enjoyed conversing with the vendors...Simon is really nice and sells good quality jewelry.

As far as the food goes, I can't complain. I've been to numerous all-inclusives where 3 days in you're so bored with the sameness and quality of the food that you just want to eat out at the local Senor Frogs. However, I really thought the quality and variety of food was really good. Manuel served breakfast to us on the terrace and was very nice. I kept wanting to be seated in his section. The snack bar and pizzeria were really good. This is the first resort I've been to, where a hamburger from the snack bar, was not loaded with gouda cheese but a thin slice and was so much better. The pizzeria was made to order as well and really quite good. The grilling station in the lunch buffet was great where each day they were grilling something fresh while you waited for it...it did not disappoint!

I think one thing that they did really well as far as the dinner buffet, was that they changed up the location every night, which changed your view. One night was a regular buffet in the buffet restaurant, the next it was moved to the theatre room, the next a barbeque-style buffet right on the beach so you could sink your toes and your chair into the sand! :)) Great way to change your perspective! It was a game of "Where's Waldo" with the dinner buffets! :) The a la carte restaurants Ponchos (Mexican) and Marco Polo (Italian) were really good! Oscar and Arnol were amazing at Ponchos as they gave our table a 20 minute show on making Spanish coffee, and it was truly wonderful! I've never had burning tequila poured over my coffee cup and had my coffee cup burning (literally)...truly unique and well done...Shout out to Oscar! :))

I had planned to do an excursion or two, and get a massage, but my experience was so truly relaxing that I did not feel the need to leave the resort at all...Hence the plans for a return trip for hopefully longer than a week so that I can take in the amazing excursions to The Arch, Divorce and Lovers Beaches, Cabo San Lucas, and San Jose Del Cabo, and swimming with the dolphins!

When I am looking for new places/resorts to go, I go onto Trip Advisor and read a lot of comments about the particular resorts I am looking at possibly going to, and this time was no different. I read a lot of peoples comments about the Royal Solaris, ignored the really horrible ones, ignored the over-the-top ones, and was not disappointed by the final result. The Royal Solaris does a lot of things really well to make their guests stays a truly wonderful and relaxing experience. Thank you to all the hard-working staff! I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We had an outside facing room and the balcony overlooked the 'service alley', which if you l...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bonnie D
North Battleford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a two week vacation here and we LOVED it! The entertainment team - especially Zoe, Jimmy, Moto Moto, Frankie, Koko, and Danny Boy are amazing people. They go out of their way to include everyone in their poolside activities. Beach volleyball was definitely a highlight of our day everyday. The waiters/waitresses are also excellent. Ramon is THE BEST poolside waiter around. He is very personable and has a smile on his face all the time. Angel, Matias, Pepe, Alex, Aleks, Nero, Saul, David, Antonio, Paco, Fransisco, Baldemar, Cesar, Romero, Lilliana, etc... were awesome. Victor, Angelo, and Maria are very kind people and great at what they do. Victor is a true special friend - very kind and genuine. The food and drinks were very good, especially at Marco Polo's restaurant. The staff here definitely want you to have a great vacation. They are what keep us coming back to this resort year after year.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Saskie1
Covington, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I have been traveling to San Jose del Cabo for a few years. We first visited Royal Solaris in Oct. 2008. Since that first visit we have gone back 3 times each year. We could travel other places, but until we retire the Royal Solaris will be our 2nd home. The people there are so nice and friendly and fun. We have never had a bad experience there. The Entertainment staff is exceptional. They are the ones that keep us coming back. Since our first trip we have become "friends" with so many of the staff. I must say that the last trip we met a few new members of the Entertainment staff. The newest team members Ivan and Lorena have become our newest friends. They are truly wonderful and warm and so very much fun? So very special! We will be heading back again soon and really are looking forward to spending time with all the wonderful friends we have made and and especially looking forward to spending time with our new friends Ivan and Lorena, the wonderful new addition to the great entertainers!

Room Tip: Any room that is ocean view is nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Shirley W
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Their was a lot of people and at first we didn't know if we would like it. After a few days...we were hooked. All the pools were saltwater, beach was swimmable, activities by the main pool all day, food great, walk to town, go across the street and get a 90 min. massage for $40, rent a jeep for $50 a day, kids area was phenomenal, rooms were good. A lot to do at this resort and very family oriented. The workers were great also.

Room Tip: If you dont have your family with you, don't stay on the kids pool side. If you have your family...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sherlynn2014
Southfield, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were forced to stay here one night when our flight home was cancelled by United. Our room had this musty smell, we had to keep the balcony door open all day and night. At the entrance of the hotel we saw several cockroaches right out the front door. The food was not all that great. It just seemed like we would have been better off at the Best Western at the airport.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
#40 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,555 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#16 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,201 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#11 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,983 reviews
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Royal Solaris Los Cabos? Share your experiences!